The Master League adventures thread

No not manual.
I play PA1 and top player.

I've become a casual player and my eye/hand coordination is declining with age...

I'm a lousy gamer, but i like it...

I'm the same age as you more or less . . .I'm not great myself buddy but you should give manual a go . . .great challenge and very rewarding when you improve. . ..where are you hiding these days Gerd? . . You're as rare as Halleys comet on this.

It´s good to be lousy. Worst thing it can happen in a soccer game like this one is not finding a challenge while playing.

Finally fired my game today and changed all the names and applied some of the rival teams. I´ll finish rivalry settings later, as it´s possible to apply them to a saved master league.
Was thinking what team to choose and decided to go with QPR. I remember them playing on Premier some years ago, and also I remember their current manager Jimmy, who played a couple years on my country league, before making the big jump to the european stage. Still haven´t chose the main eleven, maybe still today or maybe tomorrow, and I´ll make my first matches. Can´t wait to start and see where I can take this team.

It's tough going first season . .picks up second season try stick with it.

Thanks for replying - it's good to know that the training injuries are still in the game. Your point about tactics affecting fatigue is interesting as in PES 2016, due to the poor midfield AI, I would often dribble long distances which would really run down my players' stamina. In PES 2017 my build up play is now slower with more passing. Even so, a player who finishes a match with no stamina still recovers to about 80% the day after the match (I tested this in a transfer window where I could advance the calendar one day at a time). IMO this recovery is too quick, but I appreciate others have different experiences.

Good news - I got my first injury yesterday! Lukaku was brutalised just outside the box, his shirt getting muddy as he collapsed in the rain. He's out for six weeks. I used the transfer market to replace him with Balotelli, to see if he can replicate his new-found real life form.
Good to hear mate.
I'm not using gegenpressing every game now,depending on opposition and schedule,cause it drains so much stamina

Empoli down.
Bacca times two,he's in the zone right now
Backed down from my gegenpressing atm,I switch it on at times during games.
Work beutiful.
AC Milan 2-0 Empoli

Had Vitoria Guimares in the EL.
And they were a hard nut to crack,very good with the ball,I backed down quite a lot to counter attack
Late first I scored on a through ball to Bacca who toe poked it pass the keeper.
Kept backing off,but mid second I started my gegenpressing,and they didn't come out of their own half.
Pressed them by the corner flag,stole it,crossed it and made 2-0.
Game ended that way.

My tactic works great when I mix it up,otherwise it drains energy real fast,and players gets fatigued,and team spirit seems to be dropping.

Next game Torino.
A team that is so hard to break down,rock solid defence

Yeah for testing purposes I played a first match in a ML, lost 2-1. Excelent match.

Now you know I'm not lying. Even when I lose, particularly in the first season it still feels enjoyable . .you can feel the potential for when your team becomes stronger and can compete.

Torino at home
Strong defensively,stunning kits!
Play 4-4-2 and not pressing to much at the moment.
This was one of those games that felt like an 0-0
Two strong defences not giving up anything at all.
All the way up to late last first i had a shot,very close to going in via the post,and a header a few meters wide.
Torino applied pressure and had three good chances,a header and two long shots,but Donnarumma kept them out.

45+ and I got a corner,Torino headed it away,I headed it in to the box,and via a few legs Bonaventura got a foot on it and hits a few legs and the GK and in.
1-0 first half,not very deservingly.
But I'll take it.

2nd half
I play so much better,crisper,more direct,so kinda a cold shower that they scored on a corner.
My only big mistake,didn't go zonal and they headed it in.
60th minute I got a corner,and Bacca headed it in low post.
By now it's all me,I'm playing with gegenpress,and winning most balls in their half/half way line.
One of those got played through the middle,a quick flick to a incoming striker from the left,shoot it first time,low hard driven post in.
3-1
Created so much from their turn overs,and on pass up the middle,direct out to the wing,driven hard to the 6 yard box,and Bacca flicks it in for 4-1.
Game over and I got a win in my best played game so far.
Vs Torino,who I always lose to.
Next games are Perugia in the cup,a double header

Torino at home
Strong defensively,stunning kits!
Play 4-4-2 and not pressing to much at the moment.
This was one of those games that felt like an 0-0
Two strong defences not giving up anything at all.
All the way up to late last first i had a shot,very close to going in via the post,and a header a few meters wide.
Torino applied pressure and had three good chances,a header and two long shots,but Donnarumma kept them out.

45+ and I got a corner,Torino headed it away,I headed it in to the box,and via a few legs Bonaventura got a foot on it and hits a few legs and the GK and in.
1-0 first half,not very deservingly.
But I'll take it.

2nd half
I play so much better,crisper,more direct,so kinda a cold shower that they scored on a corner.
My only big mistake,didn't go zonal and they headed it in.
60th minute I got a corner,and Bacca headed it in low post.
By now it's all me,I'm playing with gegenpress,and winning most balls in their half/half way line.
One of those got played through the middle,a quick flick to a incoming striker from the left,shoot it first time,low hard driven post in.
3-1
Created so much from their turn overs,and on pass up the middle,direct out to the wing,driven hard to the 6 yard box,and Bacca flicks it in for 4-1.
Game over and I got a win in my best played game so far.
Vs Torino,who I always lose to.
Next games are Perugia in the cup,a double header

Ye fecking showoff . . .making a mockery of me with my victory in defeat attitude. We'll meet some day with your bloody gen gen press pal lol.

Last edited:
Ye fecking showoff . . .making a mockery of me with my victory in defeat attitude. We'll meet some day with your bloody gen gen press pal lol.
Yes sir,got that Klopp guy teaching me.
I'm fearing the Serie B opposition in my cup games,always scrappy affairs.
Think I'll call it a day on a good high.
4 games,and 4 wins,haven't happend much lately.
You enjoying it still.
Played a few FIFA games earlie( 16) kinda hard to do that compared to this gameplay.
It's obvious that you have to pay in blood,tears and insanity to get good

Yes sir,got that Klopp guy teaching me.
I'm fearing the Serie B opposition in my cup games,always scrappy affairs.
Think I'll call it a day on a good high.
4 games,and 4 wins,haven't happend much lately.
You enjoying it still.
Played a few FIFA games earlie( 16) kinda hard to do that compared to this gameplay.
It's obvious that you have to pay in blood,tears and insanity to get good

I'm loving it buddy. . I'm getting that feeling of ML in 2016 .. honestly even though it's early days and most games are defeats for me I can see positives in it. . . the strangest goal the A.I conceded was when I was in their box and two defenders started passing back and forth in front of the keeper for some reason like they didn't know what to do. .they must have passed it 10 times until I took it off one of the guys foot and rolled it to my forward 6 yards out and he tapped it in. .extraordinary scenario . .and the Ai reacted like it shouldnt have happened and did there best to score again but could'nt . . have to start recording some matches at kickoff to show what's happening the next time.

I'm loving it buddy. . I'm getting that feeling of ML in 2016 .. honestly even though it's early days and most games are defeats for me I can see positives in it. . . the strangest goal the A.I conceded was when I was in their box and two defenders started passing back and forth in front of the keeper for some reason like they didn't know what to do. .they must have passed it 10 times until I took it off one of the guys foot and rolled it to my forward 6 yards out and he tapped it in. .extraordinary scenario . .and the Ai reacted like it shouldnt have happened and did there best to score again but could'nt . . have to start recording some matches at kickoff to show what's happening the next time.
The game is so unpredictable,and so organic,I'm comparing it to others of course,but also to other PES games.
At -1 this game plays so beautiful,the sound of the ball hitting the post,the sound when you tackle the ball,the shooting
It's a very addictive game
I don't even care that I play with kits I made myself,I love fixing the game up,just like I did PES 5
And most impressive,the tactics,and ai from both CPU and your team mates.
Haven't had many goals scored the same way,despite at least 4 half ML campaigns,and also it's very hard.
Which despite my moaning every other day,will get this game a long lifetime
Yeah get som videos up mate

Sitting mid table in serie b with my AS Lanciano team thanks to 1 win and 3 draws in recent matches. Team spirit is at 63 can see some slight improvement each game but scoring is an issue for us only 7 goals scored in 10 games conceded 11

I have been using our youth players i think promotion is off the cards this season so better to get them in the first team building up their stats and playing styles, Gigileoni is a 189cm striker who im training to be a target man he has all the right ingredients stats wise
and has bagged 3 goals already at 64 rated he will be deadly in a season or two.

As i posted before my young goalkeeper is our star man he has been incredible his stats are climbing fast and is training to be an offensive gk big teams will come looking for him soon but no way am i letting him go he is our future captain

I agree this game is addictive probably the most addictive PES since the classics PES 3,5 and 6 the tactical side of the game is superb and its very difficult.This time last year on 2016 superstar i was in the top 3 of serie b table cruising now im fighting to get a result just how it should be.

Last edited:
I'm the same age as you more or less . . .I'm not great myself buddy but you should give manual a go . . .great challenge and very rewarding when you improve. . ..where are you hiding these days Gerd? . . You're as rare as Halleys comet on this.

I'm not a comet nor stellar...just too much behind my PS4 at the moment. Besides i prefer the football threads on this forum, but they are virtually dead...

Sitting mid table in serie b with my AS Lanciano team thanks to 1 win and 3 draws in recent matches. Team spirit is at 63 can see some slight improvement each game but scoring is an issue for us only 7 goals scored in 10 games conceded 11

I have been using our youth players i think promotion is off the cards this season so better to get them in the first team building up their stats and playing styles, Gigileoni is a 189cm striker who im training to be a target man he has all the right ingredients stats wise
and has bagged 3 goals already at 64 rated he will be deadly in a season or two.

As i posted before my young goalkeeper is our star man he has been incredible his stats are climbing fast and is training to be an offensive gk big teams will come looking for him soon but no way am i letting him go he is our future captain

I agree this game is addictive probably the most addictive PES since the classics PES 3,5 and 6 the tactical side of the game is superb and its very difficult.This time last year on 2016 superstar i was in the top 3 of serie b table cruising now im fighting to get a result just how it should be.

Are you using manual?

Na im not deco im on PA1 i have never been a good user of manual tried before on 2016 just couldn't get to grips with it. Im struggling already i bet on manual the cpu would slaughter me

Yesterday evening i hadanother great match against Olimpo.
Olimpo took the lead and by that time it was deserved. Midway the first half Racing (me) became better and put pressure on them.
Second half was very good, but somehow we didn't score the equaliser until the 72th minute. In the end Racing won with two late goals: 3-1. Tough but satisfying game.
I had 22 shots on goal.
Finally top of the league (as the only team).

Na im not deco im on PA1 i have never been a good user of manual tried before on 2016 just couldn't get to grips with it. Im struggling already i bet on manual the cpu would slaughter me
`

I was about to say that you're a much better player than I am judging by your ML stats if you're on manual. lol.

Just about to start my double header vs Perugia,but then FC Köln scored an equaliser vs Bayern Munchen away on my telly,and are now going for the lead
Damn you real life,now I have to watch the rest of the game

Yeah I'll be looking to get some Master League in after the evenings football has concluded.

Going to be working on a 2011 Barça tactic as well based on the Champions League final vs Man. United if anyone is interested in that?

Yeah I'll be looking to get some Master League in after the evenings football has concluded.

Going to be working on a 2011 Barça tactic as well based on the Champions League final vs Man. United if anyone is interested in that?
Would be great.
Think it's so good to have well made tactics to chose from
If you're up for it,go

Sneaked in my first out of two against Perugia
As I would expect,scrappy game from the get go.
I didn't play well at all at first,rainy pitch,my fast counter attacks when winning the ball didn't work.
After my CB's messed up when trying to play the ball long,Rolando Bianchi snatched the ball and made it 1-0 Perugia,early first half

Second half I had a decision to make,try to control the game,not letting up any more chances for them,or go a bit more offensively
Kept my team tight and didn't let up any space for them.
Figured it being better going in to the second leg 1-0 down rather than 2-0.
In the 72nd minute I made a triple sub,and brought on som creative power,also decided to press more,and switched on my gegenpress.
They backed down to their on box,just hoofing it
82nd minute,cross,bad header,bounced of their defender straight on to my striker,just side footed it in for 1-1.
The last 8 + minutes I just controlled the ball and the game
Ended 1-1
Really good result to bring home.
Got Leverkusen vs BVB on the telly,so next game will be played later on

Feeling comfortable with this game now.
Took longer than I thought,rough learning curve for sure
I'm switching between P and TP quite a lot
Don't really feel top player being that much harder,and enjoy the stats a bit more on P
Also manual passing/shooting has clicked the past games.
Don't really need to think,see an opening,shoot/pass
Tactics is also clicking into gear,when to use which,and conserving energy etc
Remember first time I got deep into NBA 2k,talk about a steep learning curve.
This game plays so flawless,can't really see any footie game being better
Never ever have I seen such combinations being done
Beauty

Anyway.
Perugia at home
Same tactics,backed down,swarmed the box as main def tactic.
Since I scored away,they needed to score on me,a 0-0 would see me through
45+2 corner Perugia,one of my defender got a touch on it and own goal.
Second half and I needed to score
60th minute after pressing them hard,high up in their half,got a shot away,def could clear,Bonaventura scored an easy goal from 5-6 m.

65th ball played into their box,my striker shielded the ball,went left,made a quick turn back to the right,got a meter and side footed it in for 2-1
70 th a good hard corner met by Bonaventura,headed it straight to the ground,bounced over the GK for 3-1.

Just controlled the rest of the game by possession in my own half,once they started pressing me,down the wings to my strikers,and they controlled it in their half
Good game and I'm through to the next round

Pes 17 is amazing! Played with three at the back with Juve vs. Roma. 0-0 until 75 min- changed to 4 at the back with attacking WBs- cross in from Evra to Higuian at the 89th-score. Both were substitutes with changed tactics. Incredible game! Sorry FIFA you got ways to go.

I agree with those who say that there aren't enough injuries this year. I'm nearing the end of the first year of my ML career and I haven't had a player miss a single match through injury. I acknowledge that some of you have though - I wonder, has anyone had a player become injured through training, as used to happen in PES 2016?

Perhaps more important (IMO) is that the players in PES 2017 do not accumulate fatigue quickly enough between matches (I think PES 2016 had this about right). Even during a congested run of playing 8 matches, with 2 fixtures a week, using the same starting XI and not making any substitutions I can only get a few players' accumulated fatigue down to 50%. Are you guys finding that fatigue is something you need to manage?

It's important that there should be a good number of injuries and enough accumulated fatigue. It means we need to have a large enough squad to cover for these issues, otherwise we have a dull situation like in PES 2015 where we only need 11 players with a few spare to cover for form.

I'm really enjoying the on-pitch action though - it could well be the best PES gameplay so far!

I have had 4 injuries this season and im in feb. Only ine has been under 2 months lol.

Ahh can´t stand this demo anymore. I was trying to resist, but heck... I´m gonna buy the game, probably today, tomorrow max. So, Rockstrongo, Deco and company, I´ve been following your stories and I´ll want to start mine as sson as I have the game. What are your feelings about manual and dificulty level? I know you guys have changed things while playing the ML, what do you guys think woul be the best balance? Professional PA0? Superstar PA1? Been thinking about this all time and can´t decide.

Also Geeeee, have you finally found a proper football game? I remember you trying to get the most of PES 5, but I think we finally have something to enjoy here! Too bad what happened to your PS4! Hope you get back soon!

Hi xicpanad, good to see you back enjoying PES again. Yes this is my footy fix after all these years. It is great and feel like a kid again. Look forward to reading your ML posts.

@geeeeee

Just to let you know that I recently started a new ML in WE9LE with your 2014-2015 Option File (Standard PSD stats).

I'm using your alternative ML Default team, in a D2 with English weaker clubs playing on 6 stars and I'm loving it!

At the start I really struggled because most CPU teams play with a really packed midfield which combined with the aggressive defending AI on 6 stars makes it really difficult to control the ball in midfield, but I love the dificulty.

Took me a while to find the right formation for may playing style, but after many draws and losses with 4-5-1 I changed to 4-4-2 flat and after a few more games settled on a 4-4-2 with diamond midfield.

M. Kortig in the number 10 role and a 2 striker partnership with
M. Swift (the tall guy) serving as target man to hold up the ball
and then the support striker varies from game to game between:
Barros, Turner and Marcelo depending on condition.

Really like the stats variation you gave to the players, they quickly imprint their unique traits on you, and makes for a fun game finding the best starting eleven for each game.

Kortig scores some goals coming from midfield into the box, but sometimes got injured and I had to replace him with Lamb.
Swift (the tall CF) mostly provides assists after holding up the ball in the right flank, I either send a high ball for him to chest down with his back to goal or sometimes he is really good at making runs into the space between the CB and SB and i send him throughballs then use his physical power to hold and wait for the midfielders to take dangerous positions in the center.

Since i found the good formation i started winning some games and nearing the end of the first season Im in 2nd to last place :P but having a lot of fun with your ML Defaul team.

thanks!

If anyone is interested in further developments about this ML please tell me and I'll post more.

Hi Pfm, im really pleased you are still enjoying it. Yes Kortig is really good he does get some wonderful goals from running from midfield. Swift is good in the air but if i remember a bit slow.

Yes by all means keep posting i am happy to read your ML adventure.

Do you think you will get a chance to play the new PES?

Anyway, i finally got my ML started off again.

Barnsley (their own players)
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

I have decided to strengthen the spine of the team and brought in Ince from Brighton. I am also after a new Keeper.

Playing 4-5-1 as i am hoping to keep clean sheets.

First game was Leeds at home. This was such a tight game although Leeds were the better team it finished 0-0. There were some excellent moments of play. One that stands out was when we sprayed the ball out to the right wing and our player volleyed a first time cross in but their defender was able to head it out.

Then in the second half they hit the cross bar and the ball was cleared off the line to our striker who then ran through on goal but shot straight at the keeper.

It was a game where you get closer to the edge of your seat as it progresses.

Next up Aston Villa away.

Played the top two teams who are running away from everyone else undefeated, first up was vicenza at home a tight match even more so when they took the lead through the leagues top scorer Reicevic (Who unbelievably has 17 goals after 14 games) he was a real handful so man marked him tightly wish i did that at the start because it kept him quiet from then on thanks to my 35 yr old centerback Giani who has decent defensive prowess.We snatched a equalizer from a goalmouth scramble in the 88th minute from the sub striker Antenucci kinda felt deserved after an even game

Trapani away started off so easy i thought these cant be top and i scored a beautiful team work goal it looked superb from then i thought im going to dominate but that goal was like hitting a wasps nest with a cricket bat the CPU went beserk and i was pinned in for most of the game apart from counter attacks 2nd half it starts raining an the game turns scrappy yet i nearly held on but like a total idiot I pass back to my goalkeeper with 10 minutes to go under pressure and the ball doesn't make it their player picks it up and rifles it in 1-1 final score gutted

That was the last 2 matches in a 9 game streak without a win but against Spezia and Salernitana i grabbed two wins and team spirit up to 70 makes a big difference more than PES 2016 did i thought i cracked it finally but Pisa in my last game tonight beat me 2-0 i didnt play well until late in the 2nd half didnt matter either way their gk saved everything i threw at him.13th place but only 6pts off the last play off spot i reckon i can finish there and have a shot at promotion

Sound great,yes it's a hard game,and you don't feel cheated either when you lose.
Remember the scripted nightmares on 16, who was a great game otherwise,bit to easy though

Hi xicpanad, good to see you back enjoying PES again. Yes this is my footy fix after all these years. It is great and feel like a kid again. Look forward to reading your ML posts.

Hi Pfm, im really pleased you are still enjoying it. Yes Kortig is really good he does get some wonderful goals from running from midfield. Swift is good in the air but if i remember a bit slow.

Yes by all means keep posting i am happy to read your ML adventure.

Do you think you will get a chance to play the new PES?

Anyway, i finally got my ML started off again.

Barnsley (their own players)
Professional
Full manual
20 mins

I have decided to strengthen the spine of the team and brought in Ince from Brighton. I am also after a new Keeper.

Playing 4-5-1 as i am hoping to keep clean sheets.

First game was Leeds at home. This was such a tight game although Leeds were the better team it finished 0-0. There were some excellent moments of play. One that stands out was when we sprayed the ball out to the right wing and our player volleyed a first time cross in but their defender was able to head it out.

Then in the second half they hit the cross bar and the ball was cleared off the line to our striker who then ran through on goal but shot straight at the keeper.

It was a game where you get closer to the edge of your seat as it progresses.

Next up Aston Villa away.
Oh so sweet that you play 20 min,gotta do it aswell,had few on it,must go back.
Bring back Barnsley to its glory G.
Remember them in their only? PL season

Played the top two teams who are running away from everyone else undefeated, first up was vicenza at home a tight match even more so when they took the lead through the leagues top scorer Reicevic (Who unbelievably has 17 goals after 14 games) he was a real handful so man marked him tightly wish i did that at the start because it kept him quiet from then on thanks to my 35 yr old centerback Giani who has decent defensive prowess.We snatched a equalizer from a goalmouth scramble in the 88th minute from the sub striker Antenucci kinda felt deserved after an even game

Trapani away started off so easy i thought these cant be top and i scored a beautiful team work goal it looked superb from then i thought im going to dominate but that goal was like hitting a wasps nest with a cricket bat the CPU went beserk and i was pinned in for most of the game apart from counter attacks 2nd half it starts raining an the game turns scrappy yet i nearly held on but like a total idiot I pass back to my goalkeeper with 10 minutes to go under pressure and the ball doesn't make it their player picks it up and rifles it in 1-1 final score gutted

That was the last 2 matches in a 9 game streak without a win but against Spezia and Salernitana i grabbed two wins and team spirit up to 70 makes a big difference more than PES 2016 did i thought i cracked it finally but Pisa in my last game tonight beat me 2-0 i didnt play well until late in the 2nd half didnt matter either way their gk saved everything i threw at him.13th place but only 6pts off the last play off spot i reckon i can finish there and have a shot at promotion
Long season ahead:)
Bit envy with you Serie B guys,it's keeping it proper real

Back
Top Bottom