The Master League adventures thread

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Scored this to take the lead tonight

And they replied with this

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

look at the speed of their passing

2 excellent goals fella!!!!

While we are on the subject of videos does anybody know how to put videos together in one segment? I would love to be able to put a Match of the Day type of clip but haven't a clue how.

While we are on the subject of videos does anybody know how to put videos together in one segment? I would love to be able to put a Match of the Day type of clip but haven't a clue how.

How do they merge their clips together?

No clue,but I'll have a look into it.
I mainly stream from twitch,then edit it there,then to YouTube
But I know there's a highlight feature on twitch,maybe there.
The problem is I have to use a laptop to carry it over to YT.
No system works with the other,I do all my shit from the iPad otherwise

Scored this to take the lead tonight

And they replied with this

look at the speed of their passing
Beuty mate.
And keeping it real with Luca Marcigianni as speaker

Had a long session today, I think 5 matches straight...shitty results. Lost against Leeds in the FA cup sadly, with a single goal. Played better than Leeds but they scored, and that´s what it counts.

At the end of the day I felt frustrated I thinking in going back to PA1. Now I read your posts and I think I must keep on manual. To be honest, I miss the flow the game has on PA1, but at the same time I have a love/hate relationship with the PA0, working that ball in pressure moments its so hard and so exciting at same time.

Main problem is today I couldn´t build any clear chances but that goes down on tactics for sure. Will play a couple more but later tonight I´ll leave a bit of analysis to today´s matches.
Don't go back,felt the same as you 15-20 games ago,suddenly it just clicks.
It's a long year,take the first season as a learning season

Bluey you will enjoy it but one thing is you have to perservere, depending what team you pick, until your team spirit picks up. I know you normally only play league mode but with this you get transfers, you get to manage other teams, and also National teams too.

I started on Professional and finally finally finally I beat Aston Villa. I realised how important tactics are. The tactics I was using before gave me a team spirit of about 39-41 but I changed my tactics and it went up to 53. Still a very tough game but it was very similar to Spurs win yesterday (yes Deco I loved that game).

This is the first goal by Yiadom. What I liked is the way the play started with my left back and he played a ball down the wing and the way my midfielder (terrible I don't know all the names yet) just read the ball and allowed it to run passed him and the Villa player. He completley took him out the game. You will see in the video...

I love it manual passing and shooting, nice feeling when it comes off.

Villa were pressing but we won a corner from poor defending from Amavi I think. Which led to this goal....

From Ince our first signing in his second game for us. 2-0 at half time. Second half we just defended and tried to hit them on the break. Like I said it was similar to Spurs defending yesterday. Backs to the wall. I knew that if I let them score they would get the second. Gestede was a beast, and was really leading the line for Villa. At one point he won the ball in the centre circle, back heeled it to their defender, the he moved his arms around urging the players the pump it up field which they did. I loved that scene.

The there was the bit when I think Agbonlahor was running in the penalty area, just as he shot 2 of my defenders slid in and deflected it wide. Excellent stuff. Won 0-2 in the end.

Next up is Blackburn at home they are 22nd and we are 4th.

Excellent post matey. Yes I played 2 separate games with the default players and both times it was game over. Never happened to me before but I think I made it too hard with my adjustments.
Stunning goals G,nice that you finally beat those bastards.
Listen,the second goal,when it replays the situation that leads to the corner,that's pretty much my camera angle,love it
Great game G

Rock watch their video til the end and you'll see how impossible it is to defend against that stuff.
Yeah, I saw it,man you cant give em space bro,they play so fast,stunner
I use "swarm the box" as one of my def strategies,it's hard to penetrate,and since the box is full of my guys,hard to get long shots through traffic

that's good advice

Maybe it is, but I like that challenge so much. I believe the problem is my ability, not the CPU´s. I´ll make this the "training season" and no matter what, I´ll stick with it. What´s the worse it can happen? Smash my controller against the TV and get a psico therapist? pfff, that´s ok...

Top player or Superstar?
If you drop down one level,you'll still have a challenge,trust me,I dropped down to Proffesional and I love it,play some games on TP,but proffesional is a great difficulty,plus I play on a camera angle that's pretty much broadcast.
Go to the training ground,practise fundamentals.
I play a lot of 11vs 5, so I can cross a lot,practice passing in speed.
You'll regret going back to PA1-3

I played the PES 2017 demo but i didn't really get into it. I just don't like the "vagueness" of the controls in today's PES.
Up to PES 6 it was all about precision and timing, when you did things and they came off (or not) you knew exactly what you had done right (or wrong). Now it just feels like i press some directions on the stick and the player does it's own thing, I just can't get used to that.

Ok second chapter of my WE9LE master league:
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
6stars
Playing as Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players

I finished the 1st season in 2nd to last place (only Fullham behind me). But the last few games of the season showed some promise, with the team starting to gel on the 4-4-2 diamond I settled on and Teamwork stat levels starting to go up.

The main team flaws at the end of the 1st season where
  • Lack of speed to my SMFs (they need to both defend the flanks and then support the attack)
  • Lack of technique from my DMF and CMF (OMF) that means I really struggle to keep possession when I pass to the inside where the CPU is really aggressive with the pressing on 6 stars. So I made my priority to replace these players as soon as possible in the negotiation period.

In the negotiation period I decided to try to find 2 midfielders (one more defensive one more offensive).
I did a quick search for players open to negotiation and went for a trade with players that already had another club (in WE9LE you have to play a transfer fee for any free players, but can try to trade if they are already in another club).

I managed to find a couple of midfielders that had technique and passing in the mid 80s and tried for some weeks to trade one of my weaker players for them until I found an offer combination that the clubs accepted. (sorry I don't remember the names of the players now!)

Start of season 2:
The new midfielders bring a breath of fresh air to Southampton! And I immediately start creating more chances and win the 1st two games 1-0.
Due to having spent every last dime on the transfers and salary I will be under immense pressure to earn enough points to cover the aprox 10,000 salary at the end of the season. Too many losses and it will be game over after season 2. The pressure is on.

Injury crisis:
But immediately disaster strikes! On the 3rd game my new star number OMF gets a violent slide tackle from the CPU and rolls around on the pitch having to be stretchered off and the dreaded ambulance icon appears on the screen (omg I hope its not too may weeks!)
After the game I anxiously check the team screen and cry... 8 weeks! the most important player of my renewed midfield is going to be missing most of the season (D2 season is really short).

The next game I struggle creating chances, but somehow manage to get a through-ball to Swift (the tall slow CF), I'm 1-1 with the keeper slightly too narrow angle to the right side, fill-up the shooting bar as the CB comes across.
Swift fires a powerful high shot across the keeper, but he manages to punch it over (the ball comes off vertically like a rocket and the keeper stands up and calmly collects it)
in the aftermath e notice Swift lying on the pitch clutching his knee in pain, looking at the replay I see that in a desperate attempt to clear the shot the CPU had catered Swift with a trademark 6 start aggressive sliding tackle.
Swift is stretchered off and I lose my target man for 6 weeks...

D2 Cup decisive
moment

Next comes a Cup game 2nd leg away against West Ham (I had won the 1st leg 1-0 at home).
This game is vital, because if I get knocked out of the D2 cup there will be a lot less games to earn points from, and consequently its going to be almost impossible to end the season with enough points to cover my team salary.

The 1st half is very balanced, I set the attack level to balanced and fail to create any clear cut chances but manage to keep West Ham away from my goal except for the odd cross or 2 into the box.

In the start of the second half they start attacking more due to still being behind on agregate.

I switch attack level down a notch in order for my SMFs to protect the sides a bit more.
West Ham manage to create a fantastic chance with a cross, their CF heads it and it hits my SB that is protecting the post, it bounces to an attacker on the edge of the box that hits it on the side volley 1st time without letting it drop.
I can only watch as the keeper still recovering from the 1st stave throws a hand up with a vertical jump and his hand misses the ball due to the power and swerve on the shoot that proceeds to rattle the cross bar!
But it again bounces to an attacking player and this time he smashes it into the open net.
1-0 West Ham (1-1 on aggregate).

The goal seems to really affect my team and I struggle to get any of the ball movement going at all, losing possession repeatedly.
The best chance is to hold out for a draw and penalties I think as I proceed to change the formation to a more defensive flat midfield 4-4-2 with the 2 banks of 4 really compact and the fwds setup for the counter down the flanks.

I manage to hold off wave after wave of West Ham attacks as they struggle to control the ball near my box.
But finally at the 86th minute they win a rebound from a cross and put a shot on goal from the edge of the box, I'm not worried because there is a wall of players between the ball and the goal, but my luck turns sour as the ball hits one of my defenders and with the keeper going one way the ball deflects painfully in a slow arc into the opposite corner of the empty net.

West Ham win 2-1 on aggregate and I lay crushed in my hopes of surviving Season 2.
Lets see if I can still pull it off.
Really great post mate,enjoyed every minute of it.
You should be the official ML spokesperson
Really good mate,look fw to more later on

Replayed my Udinese game,since I didn't save it,won it the first time,a thriller,this time it was a no contest,downed them 4-0.
Nothing much to write about,except it got played in the rain,daytime,and even though it looks good,it doesn't play well.
Somehow the rain makes it easier to keep the ball close,pretty much feels like you're playing assisted ,both for CPU and me.

Next game,the team I hate the most playing vs,since I always lose.
Sassuolo!
Daytime game at San Siro in the sun.
Opened strong,played fast,direct,possesion around their box and crossed.
That's pretty much how my tactics were set up.
Got 1-0 on a beuty,cross,and my striker beat the keeper to the ball and headed it first post to beat the keeper.
They played long balls up to Berardi and Van Persie,and they proved a handful.
Made a mistake in the first half,late,played a ball up to my cm who lost it,and they played it out to the wing for Berardi,who crossed it low for Van Persie,back against the goal,quick turn,and toe poked it for 1-1.

Second half I pushed like hell for a winner but they got a foot to pretty much everything.
And when they didn't the hacked me down.
Got a situation late in the game were I was going for a volley,and their defender pretty much violated me,no pen though,should have been.
Last chance,a cross that Bertolucci got a touch on,leg,post and out,and they cleared it while the ref called the game of.
A very tigh and tough game
This game still surprises me,an easy win vs Udinese made me cocky,and bam,Sassuolo didn't give me an inch.
Stunning stuff boys and girls
In 6th right now

And btw EL,next up Liverpool,son of a bitch...that will be a rough one

Nice nice!!! Good results here lads!

I´m playing on Top Player, and in one game I even tried PA1 for a couple minutes... not the same game anymore so I got back to PA0. Attacking is quite harder, I´m having trouble to break CPU defence but at the same time I like that. I might try a cup mode in professional to see how it goes, cause I would also love some balance between my passing and CPU´s performance, and right now, while I can keep posession pretty well, I just can´t do anything in the final third... Gonna play a couple more now and see how it goes.

Ok.. This game is hard as hell. Started with palace, not original squad. Superstar, all manual, - 1 speed. Bought emnes, grabban, d. Johnson and Balic from udinese. Got on loan gk scuffet, also from udine and coady from wolves. 4 games, 3 defeats and one draw, did not scored yet. On second game emnes got inyured 6 weeks. Playing on pc with tactics from lami, and managed to put in game selhurst park:)..

Really great post mate,enjoyed every minute of it.
You should be the official ML spokesperson
Really good mate,look fw to more later on

Glad you liked it! Here's some more:

Master League Chapter 3:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars

After the shock of D2 cup elimination came the mid season negotiation period.
My financial situation was:
  • current=~4,000 pts
  • needed at end of season =~10,000
It was starting to look very hard to avoid game over by the end of the season.
There would be only 7 league games now that I was out of the Cup.
Each win is worth 800 pts and a draw 400 (+40 points for each goal scored).

Even considering there is the possibility of arranging 5 friendly matches at the end of the season before the salary is paid, it would still be very very hard. I would need at least 8 wins from 12 matches, which seems impossible.

I put my 3rd keeper and one of the higher value CBs on the possible transfer list, to see if the CPU teams might make an offer for them and allow me to reduce the 10,000 points salary target somehow.

But the negotiation weeks went by and no offers came in. (I think there is a bug in WE9LE the CPU never seems to make offers for my players)

I then proceeded to loose or draw the next 4 matches. =(
I had to win so I generally tried to attack more, but the CPU teams killed me on the counter attack every time.
One of the games i managed to claw back a 1-1 draw, but with my tall target man is still out injured (3 weeks left) I had real trouble penetrating the packed CPU defenses.

I tried a different approach splitting the 2 CFs out wide so they would make runs between the CB and SB. And it worked to a point, I had more crossing chances, but usually the crosses didn't produce an end product as i had no strong players to win headers. Only the goal in the 1-1 draw came from a cross, and it was a low cross that resulted in a smashing close range diving header.

For the rest of the season I'm going to try a formation shift to 4-2-3-1 and go all out to attack and implement a new risky Offside Trap to try and contain the counter attacks better.

With the 5 friendlies and if I release some players at the end of the season there might still be a tiny tiny hope to avoid game over.

Which me luck =)

Glad you liked it! Here's some more:

Master League Chapter 3:

Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars

After the shock of D2 cup elimination came the mid season negotiation period.
My financial situation was:
  • current=~4,000 pts
  • needed at end of season =~10,000
It was starting to look very hard to avoid game over by the end of the season.
There would be only 7 league games now that I was out of the Cup.
Each win is worth 800 pts and a draw 400 (+40 points for each goal scored).

Even considering there is the possibility of arranging 5 friendly matches at the end of the season before the salary is paid, it would still be very very hard. I would need at least 8 wins from 12 matches, which seems impossible.

I put my 3rd keeper and one of the higher value CBs on the possible transfer list, to see if the CPU teams might make an offer for them and allow me to reduce the 10,000 points salary target somehow.

But the negotiation weeks went by and no offers came in. (I think there is a bug in WE9LE the CPU never seems to make offers for my players)

I then proceeded to loose or draw the next 4 matches. =(
I had to win so I generally tried to attack more, but the CPU teams killed me on the counter attack every time.
One of the games i managed to claw back a 1-1 draw, but with my tall target man is still out injured (3 weeks left) I had real trouble penetrating the packed CPU defenses.

I tried a different approach splitting the 2 CFs out wide so they would make runs between the CB and SB. And it worked to a point, I had more crossing chances, but usually the crosses didn't produce an end product as i had no strong players to win headers. Only the goal in the 1-1 draw came from a cross, and it was a low cross that resulted in a smashing close range diving header.

For the rest of the season I'm going to try a formation shift to 4-2-3-1 and go all out to attack and implement a new risky Offside Trap to try and contain the counter attacks better.

With the 5 friendlies and if I release some players at the end of the season there might still be a tiny tiny hope to avoid game over.

Which me luck =)

Yes it is a very tough game with the defaults and I think with the changes I made to stats. You may have to drop to 5 stars if you game over. Hopefully not.

Also, same as PES5 there is a bug where the CPU doesn't make any offers. It's funny how when this game first came out I never noticed it until I read forums like this. It's strange how your imagination can carry you away so that you don't notice some things.

Ok with my ML.

Next game at home to Blackburn we are 4th and they are 22nd. Really boring game in the first half as I couldn't string 2 passes together. Blackburn continued to attack down my right hand side. Even the commentator noticed it, I noticed it at half time in the stats, but I didn't change anything. What happens, a cross from our right and Stokes scores (49) a header. Good goal actually. The silly thing is is that I still didn't address it. There was a great piece of action after when their player beat the GK and hit the post, it came out to their player who shot with my GK nowhere but my defender slid and cleared it off the line. I was hoping it recorded but unfortunately I didn't realise you can only record 15 mins on PS4 :(

Anyway I notch the Attack Bar up one level, and Ince our new CM is all over the pitch, he is back, he is forward, he is on the left and right. He is fantastic. And look forward to seeing how he develops.

Yiadom had a great effort cutting in from the right getting Dury shouting out..."Elhamadyyyy" (He'll have a bit!!!) or whatever he says. Always gets me laughing almost to the point of crying.

Then in the 88 minute Bradshaw scored this beauty for us after I brought him on...

I thought I will go for the winner and Winnall had a chance but shinned it well wide.

They got a free kick in injury time (90+4) and they scored this.... From our right side again. Why didn't I address it? I'm so stupid...

So we lost 1-2. But it was a fantastic 2nd half, TS is up to 58 or 59 can't remember now. We bought D. Williams a CB from Blackburn. Funny enough he was dropped in that game. Maybe coincidence.

Next up Brighton away. They are 4th and we are 13th.

Yes it is a very tough game with the defaults and I think with the changes I made to stats. You may have to drop to 5 stars if you game over. Hopefully not.

Also, same as PES5 there is a bug where the CPU doesn't make any offers. It's funny how when this game first came out I never noticed it until I read forums like this. It's strange how your imagination can carry you away so that you don't notice some things.

Ok with my ML.

Next game at home to Blackburn we are 4th and they are 22nd. Really boring game in the first half as I couldn't string 2 passes together. Blackburn continued to attack down my right hand side. Even the commentator noticed it, I noticed it at half time in the stats, but I didn't change anything. What happens, a cross from our right and Stokes scores (49) a header. Good goal actually. The silly thing is is that I still didn't address it. There was a great piece of action after when their player beat the GK and hit the post, it came out to their player who shot with my GK nowhere but my defender slid and cleared it off the line. I was hoping it recorded but unfortunately I didn't realise you can only record 15 mins on PS4 :(

Anyway I notch the Attack Bar up one level, and Ince our new CM is all over the pitch, he is back, he is forward, he is on the left and right. He is fantastic. And look forward to seeing how he develops.

Yiadom had a great effort cutting in from the right getting Dury shouting out..."Elhamadyyyy" (He'll have a bit!!!) or whatever he says. Always gets me laughing almost to the point of crying.

Then in the 88 minute Bradshaw scored this beauty for us after I brought him on...

I thought I will go for the winner and Winnall had a chance but shinned it well wide.

They got a free kick in injury time (90+4) and they scored this.... From our right side again. Why didn't I address it? I'm so stupid...

So we lost 1-2. But it was a fantastic 2nd half, TS is up to 58 or 59 can't remember now. We bought D. Williams a CB from Blackburn. Funny enough he was dropped in that game. Maybe coincidence.

Next up Brighton away. They are 4th and we are 13th.

EL HAMET IT!. . . .great finish by you in the first vid Geeeee. .. .. good to see you back .. . where's Elja? Geeeee how do I upload the clips without the link written across my post like last night? I'm new to all of this.

What difficulty are you guys playing on?

I find Top Player is difficult - I've lost my last three in a row (as Hull) - but then I drew with Man United, and felt like it wasn't quite right.

But Superstar seems full of first-touch passes and psychic powers to me!

EL HAMET IT!. . . .great finish by you in the first vid Geeeee. .. .. good to see you back .. . where's Elja? Geeeee how do I upload the clips without the link written across my post like last night? I'm new to all of this.

The more i listen to Peter Dury the funnier i find him. I can imagine watching a real footy game and just start laughing because he says "who's gonna get there first"

I use my ipad with the vids Deco. I just select "copy link" and i come on here and paste it. Not sure about PC's though.

Dont know where Elja is :(

Back
Top Bottom