The Master League adventures thread

Honestly this game!

Ive gone to bed for the night, thinking ive enjoyed myself there so far. 10-20 minutes or so, I cant settle at all, im thinking about PES ffs.... anyway its got to the point that ive got up and decided to play another months worth of games :D

Problem is, the PS4 is in my bedroom... so the Mrs is asleep, here I am playing like a naughty kid hoping his parents dont stroll in on him... next thing, something happens, you know what im talking about, a flipping PES moment... anyway, I let out a shriek, almost fall out of my chair making a racket and the Mrs wakes up.

Lets put it this way, if there was a good book, the page I was on, has been torn out and used as bog roll :CRY:

So here I am making it worse by not shutting my stuff down :CALM:

Magic!

Honestly this game!

Ive gone to bed for the night, thinking ive enjoyed myself there so far. 10-20 minutes or so, I cant settle at all, im thinking about PES ffs.... anyway its got to the point that ive got up and decided to play another months worth of games :D

Problem is, the PS4 is in my bedroom... so the Mrs is asleep, here I am playing like a naughty kid hoping his parents dont stroll in on him... next thing, something happens, you know what im talking about, a flipping PES moment... anyway, I let out a shriek, almost fall out of my chair making a racket and the Mrs wakes up.

Lets put it this way, if there was a good book, the page I was on, has been torn out and used as bog roll :CRY:

Magic!
Ha ha,been there,first thing I say to the wife, "should have seen my games"
She lets me,so cudos to her.
Could be worse,could be addicted to robbing banks or something

Going to start with Sochaux, I did a start, but need to redo it as ballsed up stamina on a player or two and decided to restart. Mind you it was bloody hard going, not 1 win, dominating play but no wins in about 6 games.

Bit annoying with some of the gameplay so far, guess just need to get used to it, but the Barca style 1st time pass from the CPU and bang it's in you net, whilst all my shots seem to fly past the post. Also need to get to grips with the dribbling, pace from players seems non-existant with quick players easily being caught by slow defenders and it seems to take an age for your player to control the ball and move as someone always comes in and nips the ball away. So it's a bit frustrating so far.

FD

Going to start with Sochaux, I did a start, but need to redo it as ballsed up stamina on a player or two and decided to restart. Mind you it was bloody hard going, not 1 win, dominating play but no wins in about 6 games.

Bit annoying with some of the gameplay so far, guess just need to get used to it, but the Barca style 1st time pass from the CPU and bang it's in you net, whilst all my shots seem to fly past the post. Also need to get to grips with the dribbling, pace from players seems non-existant with quick players easily being caught by slow defenders and it seems to take an age for your player to control the ball and move as someone always comes in and nips the ball away. So it's a bit frustrating so far.

FD
Rough learning curve on this one.
Get good tactics in and follow them,also get tactics that your players now from the start,it makes things a lot easier.
Struggled on my first ML,restarted and now it's going really well,pretty much due to the advice above.
What's your settings?

Honestly this game!

Magic!

Ha ha ha brilliant!

Two more games.
A bit tired
So I'll keep it short.

AC Milan 2-2 Genoa
Got ahead with one of my player doing the defender on the right side of the box,I'd let him make the first move,flicked it to the right,got a few meters,took a shoot,GK parried,Bacca rebound goal.
1-1 was a beuty,weighted cross from the left,behind my back line,and a header.
2-1 I was overloading on their left side,had three men there,as soon as they sent another defender out,making it quite empty in front of goal,I crossed it,the one with a nice backspin to it,far post,and a header in to beat the keeper.
They scored late on me to make it 2-2
Shit result,and 7 goals conceded in three games,I had 8 my previous 20 games.

AC Milan 1-0 Juventus.
Swear,can't fucking remember a thing from this one,pretty much in the zone,played very well,kept a close watch on Higuan.
In the 65th I got a freekick,and smashed it home,top right.
My first I think.
Anyway,Juventus down,and I'm in 4th,7pts behind.
Juventus had a 19pt gap on me after 10-15 games.
Hopefully I'd finish top four,I'll take an EL spot to

I really loved this post. Almost wanted me to start playing PES5 again but cannot handle all that editing to keep it up to scratch. In this game the friendlies are so important. Really pleased you made it fella. Maybe drop the level for the next season to build up the team again because it may be a tough one.

Thanks geeeeee =) glad you like it. I'm sticking to 6 stars, if I loose I loose, if not its gona be epic!

Master League Chapter 6: D2 Season 3 Start
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Game: Winning Eleven 9 Liveware Evolution (PC)
Team: Southampton with geeeeee 's alternative ML Default players (2014-15 OF)
Dificulty: 6 stars (15min match time)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

After narrowly avoiding game over at the end of last season there was no money left to buy any new players, so the plan now is to try and do the best possible in the first half of the season trusting that the development some of my players have had will be enough, and then in the mid season negotiation period bring in a new CF that will allow us to improve goals production.

Realistically we are looking at another season of D2 survival and then maybe by Season 5 mount a credible attack on promotion to D1.

1st League game (Vs Blackburn) 1-1
I score early and dominate but they score from a corner in literally the last minute of the game.

2nd League game (Vs West Ham) 0-0
Very balanced game, each side with a few chances but no end product.

2nd League game (Vs West Ham) 2-1 win
They score 1st and then close down the flanks really well.
I manage to come back 2-1 with 2 scrappy goals in goal mouth scrambles.

3rd League game (Vs Brighton) 0-0
A boring game, i keep struggling for goals really need a good CF with better finishing ability

Important change in the starting eleven:
Since I can't really buy any players right now, I decide to reshufle my starting 11 a little bit in order to try to be more dangerous in attack.
My only 2 buys in the end of the 1st season were 2 good midfielders.
A tall strong CMF that is a great passer (Will Hughes)
and a typical number 10 OMF with great technique (Fetfatzidis).

I had been playing them at DMF and OMF respectively as verticies of my diamond midfield.
In order to take advantage of Fetfatzidis more around the box i decide to move him up to SS on the left side (he is left footed) and Will Hughes replaces him at number 10 duties.

I loose some ball control in the attacking midfield but gain a real possibility for damage in the left side of attack.

Round 1 D2 Cup (Vs Cardiff) 2-0 win
In the first game with Fetfatzidis as Striker things don't immediately start to flow, he seems to drift a lot to the inside, and I need him to make better runs into the flank where there is space to then put the ball in the box for Swift to try and finish.
I decide to set his role to Winger and it immediately pays off. He starts making more dangerous runs and wins 2 penalties both of which he converts himself.
A great advantage to take to the 2nd leg away.

Finances:
Things should be much easier on this front as long as I don't buy any players.
With only 4 matches played in the season I already have
3,453 of 9,678 pts needed.

I hope I don't get any injuries, and I will try to grab a good CF in the Winter market If I can trick some team into a trade fro one of their CFs given I dont have any money for a normal transfer with fees.

PS: loving to read all your adventures, particularly the ones with the videos, which I had time to do them as well.

If we all could master the feints and dribbling it would make a huge difference .. .the only thing is about feints and skill is that when you're under pressure it's hard to choose which to do in a split second.
For me, under pressure, feints are the first to go. When I was playing leagues and exhibitions I used them semi-regularly. Now, in three matches, I have used a feint exactly once. Worrying, especially since I understand very well that in 2017 I would actually have to use them.

I find it a great sign that old timers need to go to the training ground in this game. I have enjoyed the tension of the matches too much to train, but I think I need to join you. In my ML I have good dribblers that even master some special skills.

Honestly this game!

Magic!

I have tried to do the same at 6:30AM. Ever tried to find a way to disable the startup beep of PS4? ;) Found out that it would need to be done at the hardware level.

Fifa had one clear advantage over PES: it runs super silent on the PS4 during those night sessions. PES makes the system fan spin like crazy, especially if you pause a match. (Weird, this last one.)

This place is alive.. love it!!

Won't start a proper ML until konami sort things out for PC version. It's a mess right now.. people are getting crashes when they reach the January transfer window, whats the point?

keep it up guys

Rough learning curve on this one.
Get good tactics in and follow them,also get tactics that your players now from the start,it makes things a lot easier.
Struggled on my first ML,restarted and now it's going really well,pretty much due to the advice above.
What's your settings?

I've left all as is, so the shooting and passing will be whatever the basic is I guess. always play top setting, superstar.
As said I think I'll need to look at tactics a bit more and take up some training.
I'm finding the majority of my goals are from crosses, as said head on shots seem to glide past post far too often.

FD

So just had two early games before work still top class full manual..1st match against spurs they were playing some good football and missed some good chances some wide some my keeper saved really well..I ended up scoring a scrambled goal with henderson and then holding out before I made it 2 - 0 10 mins from time ..really enjoyable believable game..the 2nd game away at Sunderland was a bit silly..Sunderland played like barcelona with little tricks and back heels opening me up at will..3-0 down at half time with defoe who had turned into messi for the first half was unstoppable and scored 2 of the three .
The second half the defended in numbers and don't think they had a shot ..I pulled 2 back using manual pass from the right wings and banging them in ..1st half was a bit silly might bring it down to professional if that becomes the norm

This place is alive.. love it!!

Won't start a proper ML until konami sort things out for PC version. It's a mess right now.. people are getting crashes when they reach the January transfer window, whats the point?

keep it up guys

Elja!!!!! You're alive. Hopefully it gets sorted out with the PC version soon.

So just had two early games before work still top class full manual..1st match against spurs they were playing some good football and missed some good chances some wide some my keeper saved really well..I ended up scoring a scrambled goal with henderson and then holding out before I made it 2 - 0 10 mins from time ..really enjoyable believable game..the 2nd game away at Sunderland was a bit silly..Sunderland played like barcelona with little tricks and back heels opening me up at will..3-0 down at half time with defoe who had turned into messi for the first half was unstoppable and scored 2 of the three .
The second half the defended in numbers and don't think they had a shot ..I pulled 2 back using manual pass from the right wings and banging them in ..1st half was a bit silly might bring it down to professional if that becomes the norm

I went down to Pro after some stupid results on top player as well ... .. as I posted earlier .. . a few matches that I had the A.I would go down to 10 men at the start of the match ... then I would dominate and 'miss' a host of chances. . .they would come out in the second half and beat me 3 or 4 nil. .. .absolute nonsense.

Fair play to you playing on Superstar. . .
In this particular match the CPU was absolutely fair. Both goals from my mistakes: second goal a result of a gross error, and in the first I am opening up space by moving a defender from a blocking position.

So the goals left me depressed but not angry. :)

But I know that unstoppable CPU goals will be coming my way soon.

I went down to Pro after some stupid results on top player as well ... .. as I posted earlier .. . a few matches that I had the A.I would go down to 10 men at the start of the match ... then I would dominate and 'miss' a host of chances. . .they would come out in the second half and beat me 3 or 4 nil. .. .absolute nonsense.

Been reading the posts but no time to quote and reply to all of them. I did see your earlier video Deco.

After my post about this game being the best ever I played a game away against Wigan. They were bottom P7 W0 D1 L6 F1 A19 GD-19 beat me 5-1. And they were down to 10 men at 2-0. Absolute joke when it plays like that. Both had 17 shots both had around 9 on target. If it was like this all the time I wouldn't be able to play it :(

On prof too.

Been reading the posts but no time to quote and reply to all of them. I did see your earlier video Deco.

After my post about this game being the best ever I played a game away against Wigan. They were bottom P7 W0 D1 L6 F1 A19 GD-19 beat me 5-1. And they were down to 10 men at 2-0. Absolute joke when it plays like that. Both had 17 shots both had around 9 on target. If it was like this all the time I wouldn't be able to play it :(

On prof too.

Ah Jaysus Geeee you were going great . .. . .just think of it as a blip. . .when I was on Top player I only won 3 matches in the whole season . . .keep going don't lose heart . .I know I lost heart . . .well anyone would after getting beaten 35 times.

Guy's how frequent does your player/oppo get injured during game?
So far i can get through a season without recording any injuries.
Anyone experincing the same thing?

Elja!!!!! You're alive. Hopefully it gets sorted out with the PC version soon.

I am, tried playing full manual on superstar the other day and nearly got a heart attack

On prof too.

Do you feel the keepers are OP this year? I mean, I see them make saves that should've been goals. And the defenders have turbo boots. 5-1 isn't bad right geeee? didn't you lose like 9-0 before :D

Guy's how frequent does your player/oppo get injured during game?
So far i can get through a season without recording any injuries.
Anyone experincing the same thing?

There are injuries not only from training but also during match.

I am, tried playing full manual on superstar the other day and nearly got a heart attack

Do you feel the keepers are OP this year? I mean, I see them make saves that should've been goals. And the defenders have turbo boots. 5-1 isn't bad right geeee? didn't you lose like 9-0 before :D

I always have a defibrillator handy for switching to Superstar . ... .CLEAR!

Is it a difficulty thing? im on Pro. hardly any injuries

FD

I always have a defibrillator handy for switching to Superstar . ... .CLEAR!

I´m going Pro too from now on. I tried so hard but I can´t simply put a goal in. CPU defense is unreal, and the catchup is too overpowered. Also I don´t like how my players take ages to react in some situations, to make it easier for the CPU to get the ball.

Yesterday I played a Champions League mode, several testings again... Pro on manual, and Superstar on PA1. Superstar on PA1 was horrible!! PA1 made my buildup repetitive as hell, lack of fouls also. CPU played on steroids all time, their passing was allways first time passing and super fast! That´s the one thing I´ve always hated on Fifa, totally unrealistic. Top Player should be the way to go, but the amount of matches I have in ML without a win is far from realistic too. I don´t want to win everything in every single attempt, but I wan´t to know that I have my chances.

Played a couple matches on Pro and though it seems easier (maybe a bit too much), CPU still gave me trouble, and in a second half they even won posession stats. So the balance is there, the challenge is there (and we all know how challenging the ML can get). I´ll keep my ML going, but on Pro level.

220px-Real_Valladolid_Logo.svg_zpsvqngpw5y.png

Real Valladolid

Blanquivioletas / Albivioletas
(Master League :: Top Player :: 10 Minutes :: Full Manual :: Club Original Lineups)
November - Its a results driven business!
Remember, remember the misery of November. Thats the cry from the Valladolid fans as they become more and more impatient with Penitez and his mis-firing team. The clubs only point came in the opening fixture, as the 1-1 draw with Huesca would stretch their unbeaten record to 4 games.

g9_zpsazevqugj.png

That was as good as it got however, as a tight yet disappointing 1-0 defeat at Lugo set the tone for the remainder. Next up came the teams biggest loss of the year as Alcorcon rattled 4 past a hapless Valladolid side, the sole consolation coming from Dolly Menga late on.

g10_zps6buakkzh.png

Then the final game of the month saw a heartbreaking last minute loss to Tenerife, as the visitors snagged an undeserved win thanks to a fortunate ricochet in the box. With that loss the team are unsurprisingly rooted to the foot of the table and staring down a barrel.

2016 will end with a bumper 6 game month in December as with time ticking down, it could be the last chance for any salvation of the current season. A home game with minnows CF Reus gets things going, before tripes to Oviedo and our cup conquerors CD Mirandes. There is a brief break before 3 games in 6 days will see us host Almeria, before travelling to Cordoba and Getafe to round things up.

November Results:
(H) 1-1 Huesca (Juan Villar)
(A) 0-1 CD Lugo
(A) 1-4 Alcorcon (Menga)
(H) 0-1 Tenerife

Current Standings:
stand2_zpsleoxfjqq.png

For me it's a matter of assisted controls vs manual controls. I got 0 injuries playing PA1 on Top Player - but I switched to PA0 and Professional and now injuries actually occur during games.

im hopeless on manual. hahha. so meaning injury wont occur as frequent?

Firmly believe that professional is the best and most accurate level,even though I play on TP.
But I haven't really experienced any problems from the CPU on it.
I can feel that my players are a bit off in positions,a bit slow in reactions in games,that makes it rough,but if that's the worst,compared to the script fest in 16,I'll take it

I have been following all your posts, thanks for the great stories.

One side note, I see a lot mentions about difficulty level which brings me to something I always wanted from ProEvo that Konami never gave us: independent CPU difficulty settings for offense and defense.

As most of you have noted defense is sometimes too overpowered in the higher difficulty levels, bu when you switch it down then the CPU offense often feels dumb and apathetic.

Wouldn't it be great if we could dial it just right?

Back
Top Bottom