The Master League adventures thread

guyz what are the best formation/tactics/instruction to play like pep's mancity/barca/bayern type dominating football right now i made two formation for barca and manc.
1st formation- kick off 4-3-3/in poss 3-1-3-3[two attacking midfield with convert RB to RWF]/out poss 4-3-3 tactics possession short pass/support 7/flexible, defensive line 8/aggressive, tikitaka-wing rotation/gegenpress-counter target for barcelona
2nd formation pep style- kick off 4-3-3/in poss 4-1-2-3[2attacking midfield]/out 4-3-3 tactics possession short pass/support 7/flexible, defensive line 7/aggressive, tikitaka-hug the touchline/gegenpress-counter target for manc.
i am using manc formation in my ML with derby country..
is there any other formation i am missing for domination football?

Posted this a few days ago, my take on Guardiola's system towards the end of his Barça spell.

Wait till I hit my second Ml season rock then I'll be as happy as Larry.
This is by far my fav forum.
Great stories,misery,joy male fucking bonding.
Hope to stick it to Lazio later on,I'll be playing a few games after MOTD tonite.
Think I have Lazio/Cagliari/Crotone.
Since I'm chasing an EL spot,I need to win over Cagliari and Crotone at least

This is by far my fav forum.
Great stories,misery,joy male fucking bonding.
Hope to stick it to Lazio later on,I'll be playing a few games after MOTD tonite.
Think I have Lazio/Cagliari/Crotone.
Since I'm chasing an EL spot,I need to win over Cagliari and Crotone at least

Wait untill I get a reasonable squad Rock . ..I'll have you all driven mad listening to my adventures . . .sure I'm a Paddy ... gift of the gab and all that ha ha. Btw this is without doubt the best Pes site. . . ..a lot of decent skins on here.

Wait untill I get a reasonable squad Rock . ..I'll have you all driven mad listening to my adventures . . .sure I'm a Paddy ... gift of the gab and all that ha ha. Btw this is without doubt the best Pes site. . . ..a lot of decent skins on here.
Shure is mate,loads of decent dudes in here.
Yeah,you'll probably chat my ears off mate:)
Got any plans on how to build your squad?
Recon you'll be building around a 3-5-2?
Wouldn't mind combining my 4-3-3 with it
Think is fun that no matter what difficulty or manual/assisted,you get to share and hear others struggles/succes.
Think we can start renaming this thread to the "master league Adventuro Italiano"

t
Shure is mate,loads of decent dudes in here.
Yeah,you'll probably chat my ears off mate:)
Got any plans on how to build your squad?
Recon you'll be building around a 3-5-2?
Wouldn't mind combining my 4-3-3 with it
Think is fun that no matter what difficulty or manual/assisted,you get to share and hear others struggles/succes.
Think we can start renaming this thread to the "master league Adventuro Italiano"

You're right Rock. . .it's fun even though it's difficult . .. La Liga 2 can be fun as well. . .I love the unpredictability of the ball in tackles . . .and yes I'm a 3-5-2 man as well as using 4-3-3 for all out attack. .I know Matt10 and others like an 80's style slow build up game but sometimes it's good to have an end to end match. . .Pes is notorious for throwing up the odd classic where everything feels unshackled and both teams play freely .. but you do need the odd scrappy matches where you can grind out a 1-0 lead and hang on to it or fight back when 1-0 down .. I think there is longevity in this game if you have patience and work hard and you will be rewarded as it's not an easy game to master. . . so roll on Ml and I look forward to your posts and anyone else who feels like joining in.

t

You're right Rock. . .it's fun even though it's difficult . .. La Liga 2 can be fun as well. . .I love the unpredictability of the ball in tackles . . .and yes I'm a 3-5-2 man as well as using 4-3-3 for all out attack. .I know Matt10 and others like an 80's style slow build up game but sometimes it's good to have an end to end match. . .Pes is notorious for throwing up the odd classic where everything feels unshackled and both teams play freely .. but you do need the odd scrappy matches where you can grind out a 1-0 lead and hang on to it or fight back when 1-0 down .. I think there is longevity in this game if you have patience and work hard and you will be rewarded as it's not an easy game to master. . . so roll on Ml and I look forward to your posts and anyone else who feels like joining in.
If you look at modern football,it's not about possesion,it's what you do with it.
Forward fast,lose the ball,press til you get it back,rest with the ball,and then repeat.
The Germans teach us how to attack and retain the ball,Italians how to defend,the Brits toughness and pace.
Never been a fan of sideways football or Spanish tiki taka

You're right about this game,you can be down and out,the in a few magical moments you're back and vice versa.
Love the challenge of this game,mark my words in 2025,people are going to talk about this as we did of PES 5
And the dirty side to this game,luv it,hard tackles flying in.
Stunning game

If you look at modern football,it's not about possesion,it's what you do with it.
Forward fast,lose the ball,press til you get it back,rest with the ball,and then repeat.
The Germans teach us how to attack and retain the ball,Italians how to defend,the Brits toughness and pace.
Never been a fan of sideways football or Spanish tiki taka

You're right about this game,you can be down and out,the in a few magical moments you're back and vice versa.
Love the challenge of this game,mark my words in 2025,people are going to talk about this as we did of PES 5
And the dirty side to this game,luv it,hard tackles flying in.
Stunning game

Brits and toughness don't fit in the same sentence. .. ..Jaysus Rock I'll probably be dead in 2025 . . . .the filth in the game is marvellous. . .some brilliant tackles from behind. . I'm guilty of some of them. .you really have to time your sliding tackles well. .. did you ever play real life football rock? .. I played as a left back for years in local clubs even though I was right-footed .. great fun. . makes you appreciate football and the work involved. . . .David O'Leary was one of my neighbours growing up for a few years . .. . he played for Arsenal and managed Leeds. . .nice chap .. used to come back to the area and give the kids signed Arsenal jerseys and stuff .. . . .I'd say most of them went in the fire as most kids supported Man Utd or Liverpool.

Does Finesse Shot works well in Manual Shooting? I've been shooting with it but the ball got no spin :/

As of my ML, I'm sitting third in the table behind Atlético de Madrid and Barcelona, who are the first one. Difference between FCB and me is 5 points "only", but I'm still getting the grip to full manual... It's really hard for me to score with manual, even when facing the GK, can't decide between finesse shooting, filling the bar... Really difficult to aim to one of the sides when facing the net front side.

And creating chances is difficult too, mostly when you try to play like Guardiola and use manual passing. But so far so good. 5 win strike even tho the manual thing.

Last edited:
So got Lazio away,horrible weather.
A snooze fest for sure,don't think I or Lazio created one single chance of any worth the whole game.
2nd half,pitch slow as hell,just balls being hoofed left and right.
Game ended 0-0, good result,and I fucking loved that game.

2nd game Cagliari away.
Pretty much a standoff in the middle,I kept them on the outside ,they did the same.
In the 30th minute,crossed and one of my strikers Jesé got a foot on it and made it 1-0.
Controlled the rest of the game with solid passing and being very defensive.
Game ended 1-0,really good result.

3rd game Crotone at home,and what a cracker lads.
Got 1-0 down on a mistake by my GK Donnarumma,couldn't get a hand on a cross,missed it totally( so great to see) and one of their strikers headed it for goal,cleared of the goal line,second striker headed to he clearance over the GK.
Felt that this will be a long game..

2nd half and I pushed really hard for an equaliser,but couldn't break through their concrete wall.
Then when they were attacking me,my Df played the ball up to the halfway line,one of my MF flicked it sideways to Montolivo who struck a throughball perfectly between their Df line and my striker got on the chase,got the ball rolled in 1-1.
Beauty
5 min later on a hard driven corner one of my strikers kicked it direct,on volley top right corner.
Almost shat myself!
2-1
With 20 min left,switched to a 4-2-3-1 def lineup and just hoofed the ball,they pressed me insanely,managed to concede 3 corners and 3 dangerous FK during that time,longest 20 min ever.
Clock up to 90, of course,5 min added on,fought for my life and got the win.
Can't describe how that felt
Fucking priceless
I'm beat boys straight to bed with 7 out of 9 pts

Brits and toughness don't fit in the same sentence. .. ..Jaysus Rock I'll probably be dead in 2025 . . . .the filth in the game is marvellous. . .some brilliant tackles from behind. . I'm guilty of some of them. .you really have to time your sliding tackles well. .. did you ever play real life football rock? .. I played as a left back for years in local clubs even though I was right-footed .. great fun. . makes you appreciate football and the work involved. . . .David O'Leary was one of my neighbours growing up for a few years . .. . he played for Arsenal and managed Leeds. . .nice chap .. used to come back to the area and give the kids signed Arsenal jerseys and stuff .. . . .I'd say most of them went in the fire as most kids supported Man Utd or Liverpool.
Yeah remember O'Leary well,played on the same arsenal team as Anders Limpar,swedish magician with the ball.
Played MF until I was 17,mainly on the right,fast,good stamina,shit on the ball.
Right you are,you get better understanding for the game having played it yourself.
Grew up as kid watching 1st div football on the telly from the UK,Sweden has had a long fascination for that league,not as much now.
Sweden started first division broadcasts on the telly back in -69, so grew up with muddy pitches and weird haircuts.
Don't watch much premiership nowadays,still watch MOTD though,and the football league show on CH 5

This game is so good,so many nuances,the ball physics are out of this world,and I still feel I'm only scratching the surface,so much to learn,so much you need before even being near mastering it
Naaaw mate,you'll still be in Serie B moaning in 2025

Does Finesse Shot works well in Manual Shooting? I've been shooting with it but the ball got no spin :/

As of my ML, I'm sitting third in the table behind Atlético de Madrid and Barcelona, who are the first one. Difference between FCB and me is 5 points "only", but I'm still getting the grip to full manual... It's really hard for me to score with manual, even when facing the GK, can't decide between finesse shooting, filling the bar... Really difficult to aim to one of the sides when facing the net front side.

And creating chances is difficult too, mostly when you try to play like Guardiola and use manual passing. But so far so good. 5 win strike even tho the manual thing.
It's tough even on basic shooting this game.
And creating chances to

It's tough even on basic shooting this game.
And creating chances to

Before the manual thing, I was 3-0 in 45 mins against Real Madrid in top player... But manual is like starting from zero and also a challenge. And that's cool. So are you all telling us to play manual and sharing our ML :D

Before the manual thing, I was 3-0 in 45 mins against Real Madrid in top player... But manual is like starting from zero and also a challenge. And that's cool. So are you all telling us to play manual and sharing our ML :D
Yes sir:)
Manual is a beast mate,but oh so fun,you're doing just fine.
I'm playing with a good team,and I struggle against smaller teams,and that says one thing,this game will still be fun in a year.
Keep going Ianni

Hey guys :) Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been doing Serie A Master Leagues since the early PS2 days. I believe Italy offers the most varied tactical approaches and challenges. One game you're facing a back 3, the next a diamond formation, then a Xmas Tree and now with teams like Sassuolo etc, a more modern 4-3-3. You also have the small Italian sides that barely leave their own half that are incredibly difficult to penetrate because of the lack of space.

I started a new ML yesterday with Genoa on Top Player (15 mins) playing manual on -1 speed. My budget was €25m and I spent it as follows:

Buys: Jovetic (€3m loan with option to buy), Rog (€1m loan with option to buy), Volland (€10m), O. Dembele (€10m), Kovacic (€13m), R. Guerrero (€9m).

Sales: Pandev €11m, Gakpe €10m, Wolski €500k.

Not exactly realistic numbers, but I won't complain :D

I'm playing a fluid 3-5-2 formation with a modified defensive scheme similar to Sousa's Fiorentina. With the ball it's 3-5-2 with the wide CBs spread as far wide as possible to form a diamond with Veloso acting as a deep lying playmaking DM. I use Dembele and Guerrero as RM and LM and play with 2 box to box CMs, usually between Kovacic, Rog and Rigoni. I have Jovetic or Volland as a SS, with Volland or Pavoletti as a CF. My main strategies are to try to play into the strikers feet and get midfielders from the 2nd line to attack the box or get my wingers in behind their defence by working triangles with the strikers and central midfielders.

Without the ball, I lineup in a 4-4-2. Guerrero plays as a LB with the left sided CM switching to a LM to form 2 banks of 4. I set the the defensive line a bit deep because I have slow defenders that don't excel in covering large spaces.

Thus far, my results have been pretty good (better than I expected). After 6 league games, I'm equal 2nd with 13 points (4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw). 8 goals scored and 3 conceded, a real grind apart from one game against Palermo :D The team that caused me the most problems, was Bologna who actually pressed my entire back 3 and I couldn't get into any rhythm and deservedly lost 1-0. Most of the smaller Italian teams have a gentlemen's agreement not to press high up the pitch and they definitely caught me off guard. Roma also caused me problems with their quick diagonal balls to Salah and El Shaarawy on the counter, but fortunately Perin made several good saves and I stole the win late on with a goal coming from nowhere.

I'm hoping that as my team spirit improves and I get better at the game I can start creating more chances. Although, I must admit there is a certain beauty about grinding 1-0 victories with midtable Italian sides.

Hey guys :) Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been doing Serie A Master Leagues since the early PS2 days. I believe Italy offers the most varied tactical approaches and challenges. One game you're facing a back 3, the next a diamond formation, then a Xmas Tree and now with teams like Sassuolo etc, a more modern 4-3-3. You also have the small Italian sides that barely leave their own half that are incredibly difficult to penetrate because of the lack of space.

I started a new ML yesterday with Genoa on Top Player (15 mins) playing manual on -1 speed. My budget was €25m and I spent it as follows:

Buys: Jovetic (€3m loan with option to buy), Rog (€1m loan with option to buy), Volland (€10m), O. Dembele (€10m), Kovacic (€13m), R. Guerrero (€9m).

I'm playing a fluid 3-5-2 formation with a modified defensive scheme similar to Sousa's Fiorentina. With the ball it's 3-5-2 with the wide CBs spread as far wide as possible to form a diamond with Veloso acting as a deep lying playmaking DM. I use Dembele and Guerrero as RM and LM and play with 2 box to box CMs, usually between Kovacic, Rog and Rigoni. I have Jovetic or Volland as a SS, with Volland or Pavoletti as a CF. My main strategies are to try to play into the strikers feet and get midfielders from the 2nd line to attack the box or get my wingers in behind their defence by working triangles with the strikers and central midfielders.

Without the ball, I lineup in a 4-4-2. Guerrero plays as a LB with the left sided CM switching to a LM to form 2 banks of 4. I set the the defensive line a bit deep because I have slow defenders that don't excel in covering large spaces.

Thus far, my results have been pretty good (better than I expected). After 6 league games, I'm equal 2nd with 13 points (4 wins, 1 loss, 1 draw). 8 goals scored and 3 conceded, a real grind apart from one game against Palermo :D The team that caused me the most problems, was Bologna who actually pressed my entire back 3 and I couldn't get into any rhythm and deservedly lost 1-0. Most of the smaller Italian teams have a gentlemen's agreement not to press high up the pitch and they definitely caught me off guard. Roma also caused me problems with their quick diagonal balls to Salah and El Shaarawy on the counter, but fortunately Perin made several good saves and I stole the win late on with a goal coming from nowhere.

I'm hoping that as my team spirit improves and I get better at the game I can start creating more chances. Although, I must admit there is a certain beauty about grinding 1-0 victories with midtable Italian sides.

Fantastic post! We're all in Italy with our ML saves at the moment so good to have you with us as well.

Is that the Dembele and Guerriero from Dortmund? They've been electric so far this season. Excellent signings.

Fantastic post! We're all in Italy with our ML saves at the moment so good to have you with us as well.

Is that the Dembele and Guerriero from Dortmund? They've been electric so far this season. Excellent signings.

Yep, it's those guys. Both excellent players with a very high upside. Guerrero has been one of the signings of the season in all of Europe thus far. He's been playing as a CM, even though he made his name at LB. Dembele was brilliant in France last season and under Tuchel's system he's going to become even better. Dortmund have an amazing scouting team.

Yep, it's those guys. Both excellent players with a very high upside. Guerrero has been one of the signings of the season in all of Europe thus far. He's been playing as a CM, even though he made his name at LB. Dembele was brilliant in France last season and under Tuchel's system he's going to become even better. Dortmund have an amazing scouting team.

Completely agree. Dortmund are going to really kick on this season once everybody settles in to the squad. You can see them starting to gel over the last few games. Passlack has also been impressive early on.

Completely agree. Dortmund are going to really kick on this season once everybody settles in to the squad. You can see them starting to gel over the last few games. Passlack has also been impressive early on.

It's amazing what they are doing and how well they are playing after they lost 3 key players (Hummels, Gundogan and Mkhitaryan). My favourite team to watch at the moment. I saw Passlack play at the U-17 World Cup last year, so calm and very poised. Almost like a younger version of Lahm.

I hope they humiliate Real Madrid on Tuesday :D

The 1-0 wins or even the 0-0 draws against a top teams are the best.
Good start for you

So is 15mins the sweet spot for match duration if I am going to start an ML? I can play okay with PA0 but still think I will stick with my current PA1 + Advanced Shooting set-up initially. Hopefully will start a Serie B as Benevento Calcio (they play in the same colours as my team, Partick Thistle) some point today.

So is 15mins the sweet spot for match duration if I am going to start an ML? I can play okay with PA0 but still think I will stick with my current PA1 + Advanced Shooting set-up initially. Hopefully will start a Serie B as Benevento Calcio (they play in the same colours as my team, Partick Thistle) some point today.

Yeah 15 mins is just long enough for you to lose badly, but not badly enough to be ashamed at posting the result on the forum.

Started mine the other day. Changed Lucas status to open to high offers and Torino came in with £18mill bid. Told them to up it and I sold him for just under £21mill. Hilarious.

Then used the funds to sign Kramer, Fernando and Jovetic. What also made me chuckle was Fosu-Mensah and Rashford being surplus at Man United both were placed on the transfer list. I got Fosu-Mensah pretty easily. Rashford proved difficult and talks went on for an age. I asked them to lower their valuations, talks broke down, tried again, talks broke down. Ended up getting him with an hour in the window to spare. What was pretty good was that because they knew his potential and my interest, the second time I went in for him they doubled their valuation with time running out. I didnt panic buy and got him for about £6mill. Drastically improving after every game for me now. He's in form and scoring for fun.

The prices are off and the fact I'm signing players from Man United as Liverpool is unrealistic, but it all adds to the entertainment of master league. It doesnt take itself too seriously. Thats why you keep coming back for more.

q84K1zT.jpg

First month full manual... This is getting really hard.

At last I got my first victory with Virtus . .we beat Latina 2-0 ... . .took me 8 matches to record a victory . .. I had one of my bargain basement forwards Petagna up front leading the line .. I see him as a Costa Lite if that makes sense .. .I stuck to my 3-5-2 and 38 team spirit . . a goal from Coutinho and Petagna wrapped it up .. .twas a good game but I have to say anytime I'm leading a match the opposition A.I really start to push for an equaliser and winner .. .I know people are complaining about not enough attacking from the A.I but I haven't found that at all. .. .just because the att/def level bar doesn't go up to red for them when behind doesn't mean that they're not interested ... I had to hold on for dear life to win this match and was relieved when I did .. . if I'm brutally honest they should have won on chances alone .. .but you have to stick it in the old onion sack and they didn't .. .onwards and upwards now.

i am in love with pes this year, best master league mode till date as per my opinion in terms of adative AI..
with my derby team promoted to epl by winning in playoffs against aston villla a drama game from 2-0down to 3-2 win in 92nd mins what a match.. ok now in epl i started with my own custom formation pep style with false righback and tikitaka
after playing 7 games my point was 13 then against swansea city i changed the tactics to hug the touchlline and tiki taka with 4-3-3 two attacking midfielders like manc playing i scored 5-1 <3 ....... next match against southampton omg how on earth they countered my tactics with 4-3-3+markings my wingers and striker they also using hug the touch line to make the pitch big and playing in the middle or sometime wings and diagonal passes and scored a goal then i changed my tactics to wing rotaion+tiki taka and after few mins i equalized now the drama suddenly they scored somehow through the wings cross head boom 79mins, i went full attack they just sit back and clear ball after ball shot after shot save miss all the drama holly molly that some game lost 2-1 but really happy how they adapt and play super good feel like tactical battle..

Back
Top Bottom