The Euro 2020 Thread

Well that was inevitable, lost all initiative sitting back. Use the bench! Pace on that bench, an old now tired pair of cb's. Rashford, Sancho, Grealish all sat on the bench

Loved Chiellini right up to that moment. Think he's a bastard now... :D

Italy on top massively. Think it's all over now. We're getting found out - Italy were playing our own passing style against us second half (possession at all costs) and 10x better than us.

England don't even look like the same team in that 2nd half. They're fatigued. It's always the typical problem very early England goals. This could well be Croatia all over again.

Pardon for my ignorance but who is Jack Grealish? Every time he comes on from the bench, the English cheer him up like he's some sort of Messiah.
Is he the new Beckham of England?

I just google-d as I thought he's the new rooks, like young guns you know, which is normal for folks to cheer him up.
I mean the excitement of young players, wonderkids but the dude is 25 yo.

How could he wait this long to bring in Sancho?
Unreal how long the subs took. I don't get it. All I can imagine is that he thinks it shows faith in them if he leaves them on, and they will repay his faith. But it's nonsense. So many players were dead on their feet.

Congratulations, Italy - you deserved it by far. The best team to watch since the start of the tournament. You were brilliant all the way through.

We had our style (heavily possession-based) and we couldn't play any other way. You had a plan A and a plan B - throughout the tournament. When you attacked, you were incisive (which we couldn't really do), and when you defended... Well, in that second half tonight, you played our way, shuffling the ball from side to side, and you did it better than we did.

I really hope that none of the penalty missers get slagged off in the press. Why the hell would you let Saka take one, he's a kid. Why wasn't Sterling taking one, for example? So cruel.

Feel sick to the pit of my stomach - worse than I thought I would - but I've loved Italy's performances all the way through. The better team won, and honestly, if any team won it other than a home nation, I'm glad it was Italy.

...Chiellini is a piece of shit though. :D

It's coming Rome innit? Told u 🐑

What a find most ridiculous about England is that they're packed with absolutely exciting talent and yet almost don't have team. Playing like a complete trash and still getting into the final, not sure whether to laugh or respect that.

Whoever can take English players, all this insane talent (honestly, not being a cunt here) and turn them into an actual team will win every single trophy for the rest of the history. Not going to happen now.

Italy just solid, although shocking lack of finishing up front. Still a dominant side, your typical tournament Italy - step by step, until the big final.

Some shambolic PKs, shoutouts to Gigi and Pickford for some good saves.

Everything back to the way it was meant to be, with Italy on top of everyone. Avanti! 🐑

ITALY WIN EURO 2020 (OR 2021) !!!!!!!!

Sorry can't hold my excitement back I'm losing it right now at 1am

There was just no way I was going to sit here for 3 hours to see England win the trophy :BLEH:

Back
Top Bottom