The Euro 2020 Thread

Southgate’s patriotism leading England into Euro 2020 final​

https://apnews.com/article/euro-202...ional-soccer-8f576098ebec191c2dd9c7d318489239

Well... ^^

:ACHOO:

I love Southgate, but this was a terrible choice of words. He's right, but it needn't be said, and it seems to me like a desperate attempt to get in with the bulldog wankers he's better than.

-----

As it grows nearer so does my belief in England's chances. I think they'll win it. Would be interesting if Italy did to England what Argentina did to Brazil this morning. All the gammon in England would combust.

I love Southgate, but this was a terrible choice of words. He's right, but it needn't be said, and it seems to me like a desperate attempt to get in with the bulldog wankers he's better than.

-----

As it grows nearer so does my belief in England's chances. I think they'll win it. Would be interesting if Italy did to England what Argentina did to Brazil this morning. All the gammon in England would combust.
Yeah, he can and should do better, word wise.

who would have thought... Will watch some recaps now.

home advantage for some time now… I really can see some positive aspects for England (besides their squad) snatching that title tonight.
my heart says Italy gonna make it.

edit: one thing is for sure though. at kickoff I’ll be thinking of @Chris Davies dad, sitting in his bed room in front of a huge tv yelling at the lads like in that fifa voice recognition tweet (you guys know what I mean)… „fing wanker!“ :LOL:

:APPLAUD: Life is so good! Wish I had a dad to share it with. Anyway. My mom did awesome!!
maybe that’s why I’m sucking on those stories like it was candy! Thx Chris.

Last edited:
FFS! don't tell Matt. :SHHH:

I really hate that the name of one of my favourites foods has become used in this way. Surely it's some kind of gastric appropriation or something? :D

Why couldn't the final have been played on Friday or something, all this waiting is terrible. At least I can watch the British Superbikes on tv this afternoon up in @Flipper the Priest 's neck of the woods at Knockhill to keep my mind off it!

Just hope it's a good game tonight whatever way it goes and that there's no controversy with any of the goals. Good luck to @Ciais @Madmac79 @*aLe Everything points to a tight game, but I just have a feeling it might bring a few goals.

Also chuffed for Messi to have got the no tournament win for Argentina off his back.

Last edited:
all this waiting is terrible.
Tell me about it! I actually woke up this morning in "Reset mode" it took me a minute of thinking "Are we playing tonight?" and with part glee, part "O OH" realised it was. I still haven't changed my mind, i think it will be a close contest.

If we end up on penalties, i will be like...
[HIDE]giphy.gif[/HIDE]

Prediction :- England 3 Italy 1. Tight 1-1 till 75 minutes then Mr Grealish enters the fold like he did against Germany and unlocks the Italians aging defence 🦁🦁🦁

I cannot comprehend how excited you English guys must be right now. I'm club before country (city before country, generally speaking), but international football has that special unifying effect, which adds to the occasion a buzz you don't get with the club game.

Been a long time since I've been to Knockhill @mattmid. Since I was 13 or so. Not one for motorsports now but I used to be into touring cars (mainly due to Toca Touring Cars on PS1 - what a game) and would go there with a mate and his dad. A good day out.

The second half of the Copa America final was great. To peddle the stereotypes, you kind of expect lots of flair and creativity, either with the ball or with the opponent's sanity. It had the latter in abundance. Neymar is so frustrating. See at the end when he was focused on football and getting the ball forward, he was scintillating. A joy to watch.

Anyway, enough OT from me!

Just hope it's a good game tonight whatever way it goes and that there's no controversy with any of the goals. Good luck to @Ciais @Madmac79 @*aLe Everything points to a tight game, but I just have a feeling it might bring a few goals.
Good luck to you guys! Usually in this case one may also say "break a leg", but I'm confident that both legs will surely be broken if one of you happen to get past Chiellini. He's an old school defender after all: "ball or ankle makes no difference, as long as I end up hitting something".

Boys, im on nights this weekend. Got one more to go, so I wont see the game.

Best of luck. Hope it will be a good final to remember.

Chris is probably already with his da, paining his face and learning new songs as we speak.
- This is so nice, isnt it dad?
download (3).gif

Well the supposedly leaked team is Trippier in for Saka and wing backs. I can't really complain as his tactics have got us to where we are but I wish he'd let this team loose. We have so much attacking talent and we're essentially starting with seven defensively minded players.

Back
Top Bottom