The Euro 2020 Thread

Sorry @rockstrongo but that Christiansen goal is as animated as I've been during this tournament. The way it pinballed around and was lashed in - I was out my seat.

All in our hands tomorrow...
Screamer!!!
Though i preferred the first Danish goal,that's a beauty by Damgaard.
Good luck tmw, we're already through thanks to the r sults tonight

What a great result for Denmark!
Also a couple of cracking goals! I am glad i chose to watch this one, as Belgium was a foregone conclusion really.

:THINK: Riddle me this though. If Danish people are called Danes and their country is known by themselves to be Danmark, then why do we call it Denmark? Bloody English! :D

People in Germany shouldn't listen to bloody UEFA and have the Allianz Arena in rainbow colours.
Germany against Portugal was the best i've seen this tournament, really liked the Germans. Good revenge for Goossens on Ronaldo.

People in Germany shouldn't listen to bloody UEFA and have the Allianz Arena in rainbow colours.
Germany against Portugal was the best i've seen this tournament, really liked the Germans. Good revenge for Goossens on Ronaldo.
the flying Goosens move is already one of my favorite moves! that was zlatanesqe! :D

man, that will, the power, the sheer hunger... when he came flying in! loved it and will never forget it!! :LOVE:

gosens.jpg

Last edited:
:THINK: Riddle me this though. If Danish people are called Danes and their country is known by themselves to be Danmark, then why do we call it Denmark? Bloody English! :D

It's the same priniciple that @rockstrongo comes from Swaden :LOL:

Re the covid situation, did Gilmour not go anywhere near any Scottish players in the changing rooms, in training, at the camp and so on? Seems bizarre to me that Mount and Chilwell are the only players in isolation.

Being as results in other groups, mean we have already qualified for the next stage, i expect a good open game tonight. But i wont hold my breath.

Crazy though, how people are already thinking that it may be better to finish second in the group. What a joke! This is not the attitude if you truly believe you could win it (not to mention losing home advantage).
In my book, if you topple the big guns on the way to the final you send out a big message. If not then it's better to get it over and done with. I don't subscribe to this "sneaking in the back door" attitude. Although that always seems to be our forte. :))

On another note. What a story it would be though if Denmark won the tournament. :WOOT:

Being as results in other groups, mean we have already qualified for the next stage, i expect a good open game tonight. But i wont hold my breath.

Crazy though, how people are already thinking that it may be better to finish second in the group. What a joke! This is not the attitude if you truly believe you could win it (not to mention losing home advantage).
In my book, if you topple the big guns on the way to the final you send out a big message. If not then it's better to get it over and done with. I don't subscribe to this "sneaking in the back door" attitude. Although that always seems to be our forte
. :))

On another note. What a story it would be though if Denmark won the tournament. :WOOT:
i agree! full power! no holding back!

on another note: :YAWN: seen that before! ;)

edit: if its attractive football i'm all in for a winner thats not Germany! :D
what i dont wanna see is another "2004"! ;)

Last edited:

an another note: :YAWN: seeen that before! ;)
I wouldn't at all be surprised if we play each other, in the next phase. If so, i will say now, well played, i hope you do well in the rest of the tournament. :P:D

on another note: :YAWN: seen that before! ;)

edit: if its attractive football i'm all in for a winner thats not Germany! :D
what i dont wanna see is another "2004"! ;)
Oh yeah missed that first point, i suppose you are refering to "1992". I remember :SHOCK:

It would be like 2004 if we won :LOL:

Oh yeah missed that first point, i suppose you are refering to "1992". I remember :SHOCK:

It would be like 2004 if we won :LOL:
Exactly. 1992! The substitute team won the tournament. Once in a lifetime I say! :) At least they scored some goals...!
Back then, they moved on from the group stage securing 2nd place. Similarities...! :D

Not to mention a certain keeper's dad!

Yeah I just meant it as a joke using the E as an A. :))
Could go back to the Latin name for Denmark (Dania)
Still weird though.
Finland (in English and Swedish and probably a few other languages)
But it's Soumi in Finnish.

Making everything even weirder, Ice/Nor/Dan/Sve are all related to each other,and to ENG/GER etc etc,but Finnish is related to it's close neighbors Estonia and...Hungary?
Weird stuff!

That concludes Rock's history lesson for the day

Last edited:
Our Planet Weird and not World...

... yea I know boring joke. :FAIL:

Our Planet Weird and not World...

... yea I know boring joke. :FAIL:
When it comes to common sense.....Planet Dearth! :D

Anyway about tonight's game, i hope Sancho starts or at least gets a good run out. I remember Southgate saying we have some good talent on the bench. Well the time has come to let them play. Although preferably in a natural position. "do you hear me, Gareth?" :P

@Buzzy And he doesn't! Pleased to see Saka start at least, really rate him, but he could have started on the left in place of Sterling who's been out of form for months and given Sancho a place on the right.

Is Foden injured or has he really gone for two keepers on the bench and left him out completely? Tell me he hasn't actually done that.

Two other things I was thinking during this tournament having watched Netherlands three times now.

1) Liverpool are really going to miss Wjnaldum and
2) Why on earth did Klopp never give him the same license to go forward, he's like a goalscoring machine for Netherlands!

@Buzzy And he doesn't! Pleased to see Saka start at least, really rate him, but he could have started on the left in place of Sterling who's been out of form for months and given Sancho a place on the right.

Is Foden injured or has he really gone for two keepers on the bench and left him out completely? Tell me he hasn't actually done that.

Two other things I was thinking during this tournament having watched Netherlands three times now.

1) Liverpool are really going to miss Wjnaldum and
2) Why on earth did Klopp never give him the same license to go forward, he's like a goalscoring machine for Netherlands!
Because the netherlands are playing 2 strikers and he runs down the channel in between.
If I remember right Liverpool plays 3 strikers with firmino covering the space wijnaldum now covering in the dutch squad (on the counterattack).
Also its in dutch nature to be quite adventurious yet naive while on the attack. and Klopps team are fun to watch but his teams are better balanced against counter attacks meaning keeping wijnaldum deeper in midfield.

Last edited:
Because the netherlands are playing 2 strikers and he runs down the channel in between.
If I remember right Liverpool plays 3 strikers with firmino covering the space wijnaldum now covering in the dutch squad (on the counterattack).
Also its in dutch nature to be quite adventerious yet naive while on the attack. and Klopps team are fun to watch but his teams are better balanced against counter attacks meaning keeping wijnaldum deeper in midfield.

True, but he was also scoring regularly when the Dutch were playing 4-3-3 as well, I just wonder why Klopp didn't give him more freedom to break into the box when he is so effective at it, particularly last season when Mane and particularly Firmino were struggling for goals

Back
Top Bottom