The Euro 2020 Thread

I'm a little bit suprised why Turkey is on last place on his group. If I had bet for Turkey I would have now much money loss.
Bad quality of friendly matches due to Covid restrictions on Turkey (visa rejected by Wales and Belgium).

Bad coaching, terrible mismatches. Bad fitness. It's crazy our guys played 2 matches at Azerbaijan and coming back here. Not a good Euro trip.

Seems like I wrong about Seferovic :SHOCK:. All 4 goals in the Switzerland - Turkey match were crackers. Italy getting the job done, I'm happy for Wales getting through.

Bad quality of friendly matches due to Covid restrictions on Turkey (visa rejected by Wales and Belgium).

Bad coaching, terrible mismatches. Bad fitness. It's crazy our guys played 2 matches at Azerbaijan and coming back here. Not a good Euro trip.
Basically I find this new concept a little bit weird. Why not play all group matches in either Italy or Azerbaijan, just one country.

I mean travel from middle of European continent to the Far Eastest part for a group stage?

Or at least if 2 countries per group was mandatory, have it be Italy and Swiss, or Italy and one stadium of Galata/Besiktas/Ferner.

It would be even closer.

Also disappointed of Turkey performance. Many Greek book makers were giving high chances bets for Burak Yilmaz being 1st scorer, at least in the group stage.

Basically I find this new concept a little bit weird. Why not play all group matches in either Italy or Azerbaijan, just one country.

I mean travel from middle of European continent to the Far Eastest part for a group stage?

Or at least if 2 countries per group was mandatory, have it be Italy and Swiss, or Italy and one stadium of Galata/Besiktas/Ferner.

It would be even closer.

Also disappointed of Turkey performance. Many Greek book makers were giving high chances bets for Burak Yilmaz being 1st scorer, at least in the group stage.
Yeah the concept of multiple hosts made a lot of people angry because of this.

It's bad enough when one big country hosts a tournament and teams had to cart themselves around the nation for it's games. Each team had at least one game that had considerable travel in USA 94 & 2010.

Eygpt got royally screwed with the distance they had to travel in 2018 for their training camps and group games. These things are seemingly never taken into consideration for squads and supporters it seems.

Going to be a complete joke 2026 when we have fucking Mexico, USA and Canada hosting one damn tournament.

What next for 2030, The first Intercontinental World Cup? Maybe it'll take place on 3 bloody continents, Why not? It'll be ground-breaking they'll say.

It would be even closer.

We all did. A running joke here, is that if anything is shameful, or disappointing in international level, we act like it's Greek (Greek national team, Greek singer), just to disown it, jokingly.

We all did. A running joke here, is that if anything is shameful, or disappointing in international level, we act like it's Greek (Greek national team, Greek singer), just to disown it, jokingly.

It is shocking and/or fun sometimes how football goes in contrast to predictions.

In continuation to Yilmaz, another YouTube channel I watch here in Greece , participated by two YouTubers and Kostas Katsouranis, ex Greece NT veteran and Euro2004 champion, had strong hopes on Yilmaz.

As for their group predictions, of course Italy was expected to finish 1st,which they did even much better than expected.

For the 2nd position they strongly expected to be a tough battle between Turkey and Switzerland.

For some reason they had Wales as the total underdog of the group and completely out of the frame.

Finally, the real life group, except for #1 position Italy, finished so inverse to expectations , by Wales going 2nd and Switzerland/Turkey battling for the 3rd position of hope.

Assuming as a requirement to play he must of been vaccinated. Which begs the question, what is the point? I suppose they will say it's the delta variant.
Well, from what I seem to remember vaccines don't prevent you from actually catching the virus. They just train your body to recognize it at first sight, so it gets dealt with in a quicker and better fashion (and hopefully you don't end up in hospital).
I'm no expert though so I might aswell be wrong.

/OT

Well, from what I seem to remember vaccines don't prevent you from actually catching the virus. They just train your body to recognize it at first sight, so it gets dealt with in a quicker and better fashion (and hopefully you don't end up in hospital).
I'm no expert though so I might aswell be wrong.

/OT

and you're also much less contagious afaik.

Macedonia Holland, littlebit chaotic but pretty fun match. Pandev the legend deserves a goal.
This one is resembling the open ended football we all know and love to watch. A less serious life or death game and a fun one to watch for the neutrals.

Nice to see Pandev's acknowledgment in his final international game. I actually thought he was the oldest goalscorer in Euros history but it's actually Ivica Vastic of Austria (Euro 2008) at 38 years old.

Johan Vonlenthen of Switzerland
(Euro 2004) Is still the youngest goal scorer which I was surprised to see still holding the record.

Stopped watching the news but football meets politics again totally ruining my healthy news fasting.
Germany wants to play in a rainbow coloured Alianz arena ( Idea of the Munchen Mayor)
Hungary foreign minister is pisssed off because they are aginst promoting homosexuality....
I hope adidas drops a last minute germany pink-gold third.

Germany wants to play in a rainbow coloured Alianz arena ( Idea of the Munchen Mayor)
Hungary foreign minister is pisssed off because they are aginst promoting homosexuality....
this happened just a week ago https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ry-passes-law-banning-lbgt-content-in-schools

They are afraid that their under 18s will see rainbow colours and turn gay. The Hungarian government is an embarrassment to human decency, and sadly not the only one around those parts.
Edit: I see now that the Major wants to do this directly because of the new law, he should not ask permission from Uefa, he should just do it

Last edited:
this happened just a week ago https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...ry-passes-law-banning-lbgt-content-in-schools

They are afraid that their under 18s will see rainbow colours and turn gay. The Hungarian government is an embarrassment to human decency, and sadly not the only one around those parts.
Edit: I see now that the Major wants to do this directly because of the new law, he should not ask permission from Uefa, he should just do it
Haha. yeah a rainbow alianz would be nice : )
The Germans are quite sincere about these things.
I also have Ramzan Kadyrov in mind, pretty serious stuff.
I'm just getting a bit cynical when football meets politics and the overlkill of "statements".
"Uefa for the children"
In the Netherlands we had this dragging discussion about the qatar statement of our national team.
In the end our players walked on the pitch wearing a t-shirt saying "football for change"...
I guess I'm jealous of the germans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom