The England Topic

I just hope Alan curbishley isnt appointted, or fucking steve mcclaren, Taylor dude. These are the most boring managers and if they get selected cuz they are english im gonna hate england for a long time. I think big Phil Scolari is the man for the job. He proven and time and time again he has got what it takes to manage country. He won world cup with brazil, got portugal to euro semi final and was unlucky to be beaten by the winners Greece.Scolari said he'd be interested in job and willinging to listen. If FA come short and appoint some twat ass smuck like Boltons ayldice i will be pissed since they really can get any coach in the world and they want third rate british managers who get small clubs in premiership mid table.

Alucard said:
I just hope Alan curbishley isnt appointted, or fucking steve mcclaren, Taylor dude. These are the most boring managers and if they get selected cuz they are english im gonna hate england for a long time. I think big Phil Scolari is the man for the job. He proven and time and time again he has got what it takes to manage country. He won world cup with brazil, got portugal to euro semi final and was unlucky to be beaten by the winners Greece.Scolari said he'd be interested in job and willinging to listen. If FA come short and appoint some twat ass smuck like Boltons ayldice i will be pissed since they really can get any coach in the world and they want third rate british managers who get small clubs in premiership mid table.
how would you brits feel about and american... Bruce Arena...

csaunders said:
how would you brits feel about and american... Bruce Arena...

On a serious note, I'll love to get one of those mega American motivational speaker guys you see on TV as an England coach! Man, the players will be so hyped up every game. No football tactics required!

Seriously, if not England, I really wanna see another country do this.... They'll easily win the World Cup!!

This is a bloody good England team youth n experience!

Well done Crouch good goal but Joe Cole the solution to the left hand side who would of thought???

CSaunders...Bruce Arena mate? I dont think he has what it takes to be a top international coach yet,no offence.He has to do wonders with team USA in WC2006 and only then people will start lookin.

I actually think Bruce Arena would be a good choice - however, it's all about the players having respect for you and I think he'd have to work at that due to the xenophobic English players attitude that American know little about footy (not true for those who work in the game!). From what I saw against Japan recently, they looked a very strong home team, but I guess we'll find out if they can live up to their great 2002 run in Germany later this year, by which time of course, sadly, the England manager will already have been chosen.............allegedly.

phrase said:
CSaunders...Bruce Arena mate? I dont think he has what it takes to be a top international coach yet,no offence.He has to do wonders with team USA in WC2006 and only then people will start lookin.
well if you look at his record of USA since he has taken over, and then compare that to the US coaches the previous 10 years, he has done wonders...
The united states is the dominant team in this region, mexico is second, mexico was argubly the best team in the confederations cup, they played the best is what i mean, not that they are better then brazil or argentina, there is this huge misconception of the europeans that your only a coach or a player if you play or coach in europe, which is a load of shit IMO...

by the way he IS a top international coach, if you look at his record and the USA's ranking, no matter how flawed the ranking system is he is very good.

rockykabir said:
On a serious note, I'll love to get one of those mega American motivational speaker guys you see on TV as an England coach! Man, the players will be so hyped up every game. No football tactics required!

Seriously, if not England, I really wanna see another country do this.... They'll easily win the World Cup!!
I seriously think the full american squad would give england lots of problems and england would have a tough time beating them..... And i noticed crayon menitonend the USA's performance against japan, that was USA's B team vs Japans A team, and we beat them...
Arena in my opinon is top notch

pic191567no.jpg

:mrgreen:

FD

So will it be McLaren or Scolari, the Brazilian is favourite atm but should he be? Well on one hand we have McLaren who is part of the set-up with Ericsson and I feel to leave him as manger would clearly be a step back. He is a decent manger but he is no world beater and I feel to give him the job would be a very poor decision by the FA.

Now Scolari , he has a great record looking back at his career , that is something that cant be knocked. He would clearly try and get the team playing attacking football, and I think we do have some players that can compliment his style of football but we don't have a team. I am unsure of how he would do as England manger but it would be a better appointment than McLaren.

The other contenders, O'Neil, Allardyce and Alan Curbishley. Out of these three I don't really see an England manager with the slight exception of Sam. He doesn't play the nicest football at times but he shows a hard working side with the ability to win when it matters which would be good for England. O'Neill - No thank you, a few reasons why I don't want this guy for the job, partly as he was the manager of Celtic but also his style of football. Has anyone here actually watched his sides play in the past, 3-5-2 very defensive, just does enough and no more. Lastly Curbishley, seems like a nice guy but he just looks very stale. He has been in the same job for so long that think he will find it hard to make the leap that is required. Alan Curbishly needs another job before he can even think of such a high profile role.

My choice would have been Gus Hiddink, I would have loved this guy as the next England manager. I do relies however the way this man works, he likes quick "projects". Short term with the next job in mind half way through, so for these reason's I understand why he hasn't been offered the job.

My two choices out of the names given are big Sam and Luis Felipe Scolari. But who ever comes in for the job should get the whole support of the nation as we won't do anything if we don't have that.

rockykabir said:
I'm not joking either mate...seriously, for football sakes, I'll like to see the US win (maybe it'll bring more fans in?).
there`s lots of fans the problem is no one surpport the US,WHen RMadrid,Fulham,Chelski,Sunderland came all U see is England Flags everywhere! and a few American Flags.Hell when Mexico Plays it`s 75% mexican surpporters.

In Miami,when US played BRazil it was all Brazilians even the americans surpported Brazil.Futbol can`t survive when american surpport their parents country.Hell I surpport Spain and my heart wants England to win (i back the EPL)

Cloud1863 said:
So will it be McLaren or Scolari, the Brazilian is favourite atm but should he be? Well on one hand we have McLaren who is part of the set-up with Ericsson and I feel to leave him as manger would clearly be a step back. He is a decent manger but he is no world beater and I feel to give him the job would be a very poor decision by the FA.

Now Scolari , he has a great record looking back at his career , that is something that cant be knocked. He would clearly try and get the team playing attacking football, and I think we do have some players that can compliment his style of football but we don't have a team. I am unsure of how he would do as England manger but it would be a better appointment than McLaren.

The other contenders, O'Neil, Allardyce and Alan Curbishley. Out of these three I don't really see an England manager with the slight exception of Sam. He doesn't play the nicest football at times but he shows a hard working side with the ability to win when it matters which would be good for England. O'Neill - No thank you, a few reasons why I don't want this guy for the job, partly as he was the manager of Celtic but also his style of football. Has anyone here actually watched his sides play in the past, 3-5-2 very defensive, just does enough and no more. Lastly Curbishley, seems like a nice guy but he just looks very stale. He has been in the same job for so long that think he will find it hard to make the leap that is required. Alan Curbishly needs another job before he can even think of such a high profile role.

My choice would have been Gus Hiddink, I would have loved this guy as the next England manager. I do relies however the way this man works, he likes quick "projects". Short term with the next job in mind half way through, so for these reason's I understand why he hasn't been offered the job.

My two choices out of the names given are big Sam and Luis Felipe Scolari. But who ever comes in for the job should get the whole support of the nation as we won't do anything if we don't have that.

Those are exactly my choices and reasons also, i totally agree. I just think it will be back to the keegan days where you''ll be asking when not if they will get the sack if the FA appoint someone like Alan Blandishly or Boring McClaren.

Alucard said:
Alan Blandishly or Boring McClaren.

Totally agree (English versions of Sven in that respect). They'd probably pick Hargreaves too :roll:

Who else thinks Lennon should be on that plane to Germany? Given the chance, i can honestly see the kid impacting like Owen in '98.

On the subject of Rooney - while his injury certainly isn't a good thing, it may help in the fact that it's going to lower people's expectations. Who knows, another hero may rise. Joe Cole and Gerrard were fantastic this weekend for example.

Sven is more of a politician, than a football manager. You never know what hes really thinking. Also very sly and can never give a straight answer to whatever question.

Rooney will be back like a lion. The last time he was injured for England, he came back and scored a hatrick in the CL after 3 months out. 6 weeks is half the amount of time he's having off and he's a much better player now too.

In Sweden they laughed:-

ITF059015.jpg

In Paraguay they laughed:-

migel_laughing.JPG

and in Trinidad & Tobago they laughed:-

istockphoto_260130_shy.jpg

FD

fd1972uk said:
In Sweden they laughed:-

ITF059015.jpg

In Paraguay they laughed:-

migel_laughing.JPG

and in Trinidad & Tobago they laughed:-

istockphoto_260130_shy.jpg

FD

C'mon FD, Im feeling a bit dissapointed from your many images of humour(as per usual). What about where it really counts, im sure the Germans will laugh, then there is the Argies and lets never forget the Scots.

I believe that there is an England player who is injured and may miss all of the World Cup, who is it and why has there been no media coverage on it at all?

Back
Top Bottom