The England Topic

The bottom 3 teams havent won a game? Thats a pretty bad group. Theres no competition at all.

RuneEdge said:
The bottom 3 teams havent won a game? Thats a pretty bad group. Theres no competition at all.
That's very irregular, means between them 3 neither could win.

except Poland and Azerbaijan all teams haven't played one game yet

Mayor said:
except Poland and Azerbaijan all teams haven't played one game yet
I understand now, it seemed me quite rare.

And here is that England Thread.

A shocking game tonight

I hope you play like that in the next qualifying game, we'll stand a better chance of winning! :mrgreen:

Surely that is the end for James. He makes mistakes in every game he plays in he's just lucky that sometimes the oppo doesn't capitalise.

Good to see Rooney scoring in the white and Beckham put in some effort towards the end. Other than that the second half was just embarrasing.

james no words just no words

and rooney surely and surely he is the best thing in england at the moment

its also nice thing to see rooney in control of this team its only a matter of time

WTF ? any post the score ? :roll:

DENMARK 4 - 1 ENGLAND

Much better

What about Lampard and Gerrard ? play good ?

Last edited:
Lampard and Gerrard are too similar for me. They both like attacking and both need a holding midfielder like Hamann or Makelele to cover.

Substituting 6 or 7 players doesn't help......oh, especially when one of those is a wally keeper. Had to laugh, it was like pub football tonight.

After knowing the shocking scoreline,then reading the news about James being not ready for this game,I felt like punching James in the face.There you are,representing England,in a top class friendly and you say you are not fcuking ready??? God,how stupid can a man be?? This has surely be the end of James,check out his quotes.

'I wasn't fully prepared,' he revealed.

'Because I knew I wasn't going to start, for once I didn't do my starting preparations

'There were a few choice words said which weren't necessarily needed. But I say things when I watch football matches, so I am not going to criticise the fans for showing their feelings.'

'Sven wasn't happy because we lost,that is only right. I am representing England and I should have paid more attention.'said James, who was winning his 33rd cap.

GRANDE IDOITA!!!

crayon said:
Lampard and Gerrard are too similar for me. They both like attacking and both need a holding midfielder like Hamann or Makelele to cover.

Substituting 6 or 7 players doesn't help......oh, especially when one of those is a wally keeper. Had to laugh, it was like pub football tonight.

Play 3-5-2 and its sorted or at least play one down the left n play Carrick.

Cant blame Sven for that result just crap players, at least Sven was pissed and made no excuses.

You guys took a bit of a thrashing???
Well, cheer up...it's only in a friendly...this could turn out to be a blessing in disguise...it's time that people around the English national side realise that their team isn't that exceptional as people England think.
It's a good team, sometimes a very good team.
With a litle bit of luck this team could win a World Cup, but that can be managed by 10 other teams aswell.
I'm not saying this because i want to have fun with English football, i love English football, but people in England have the tendancy to overestimatie their national team and when players start to believe this themselves it usually turns out disastrous...

And before the inevitable moron starts, yes i know the English national team is better than the Belgian....and yes i know England will go to the World Cup and Belgium almost certainly not, but that is not my point...and the intelligent majority of this forum is aware of this.

Just my two cents, and good luck to England in the rest of their campaign...

horse%20laughing.jpg

FD

I’m no Mike Basset but surely these points need to be addressed, and fast!

- Why even play Owen let alone call him in to the squad if he is banned from playing the next 2 qualifiers? Surely Sven should have called up someone who deserves a chance i.e. Ashton

- He needs to either make Gerrard the holding midfielder or drop Lampard. Gerrard is a more versatile player than Frank. At the moment they are treading on each others toes and we are leaving the defence bare. You need to put in a natural defensive midfielder i.e. Parker or Carrick

- Glen Johnson is NOT England squad material, he is inexperienced not only in the international arena but he is not getting games at Chelsea. Plus he is too immature to accept he is making mistakes.

- Beckham, are you a right winger or a centre midfielder? Please chose and stick to it. Wright-Phillips on the right (or left)

- Joe Cole has to learn to pass the ball. He is still the show off kid back in his West Ham days.

Rant over.

Well it was a shambles but you no what who cares no one will remember this result until we meet Denmark again and next time we will win. England are still one of the best teams in the world and easly in europe. think everyone can just relax a little. Sven knew his errors and so hopefully he will make smarter choices next time. Carrick should of started after his display in America,. James should never come back to england full stop let alone play for England, he is cocksnot and does not deserve to be Robinsons No2. J.Cole is fine on the left and when he plays in an important game and plays well everyone will love him again. English are so fickle.

Ah well back to the prem this weekend.

I feel we are all a bit touchy about this (oh well, the English are anyway) but Gerd is right as usual (he once said "Crayon for president!" which I was rather proud of:D but that is the only occasion he got it wrong:lmao: ) - England will probably finish third or fourth, there but not quite. At least this will have the effect of making them "smell the coffee".

Keep the good work going Sven! :applause: :applause: :applause:

lol @ FD's post :lol:

:: JJ :: said:
Keep the good work going Sven! :applause: :applause: :applause:

lol @ FD's post :lol:

Beware the wounded lion my friend.

I can see you going for a similar scoreline.

Terrible second half last night, I think James is taking the blame away from a few of the others though, i.e Glen Johnson, Rio Ferdinad, even Carragher but ah well only a friendly.

lmao @ FD.

DIdnt get to see the game, but i have yet to see a Frank and Stevie midfield look as dominant on the field as it would appear on paper.

ghazi said:
lmao @ FD.

DIdnt get to see the game, but i have yet to see a Frank and Stevie midfield look as dominant on the field as it would appear on paper.

Well as the great Big Head said, "Paper teans win paper trophies!"

Gerd, your sig is abit suspect, do you know anything about FC United or you just using it to have a dig at United?

Back
Top Bottom