The England Topic

Both Vann...i do know that FC United of Manchester is to Manchester United what AFC Wimbledon is to the MK Dons (well that comparision does not do justice to Manchester United, but you get the figure).
I read an article about Fc United in Four Four Two and immediately felt sympathy for the people who started that club. They felt fed up with Man Utd for the same reason i do: it's getting a cororate business unite instead of a real football club... It's an injustice having to say this to you, but most Man Utd fans on this forum are gloaters and glory hunters and although i never went to Manchester let alone to Old Trafford i feel i'm a more honest Man Utd fan than those people. But i don't agree with the direction Man Utd has taken after the treble...in retrospect the treble was a bad thing for Man Utd and English football...but i don't expect much people to agree with me and i'm fine with that...as always: respect to you Vann and sorry to be off-topic. (Gerd posting as Stan)

FC United just a joke only yesterday there spokesman said as the Glazer thing has died down they would now liked to be know as a exstention of the Manchester united family....!

And now it looks like the England team will switch to a 451 formation that is boring the fuck out of everybody, I know we looked dodgy defensively against Denmark but we were solid for 45 minutes...

CWright said:
And now it looks like the England team will switch to a 451 formation that is boring the fuck out of everybody.
And watch them lose! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nah but I would loves it if we win 1-0 and we start singing "one nil to the sheepshaggers!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Keep it going with the dodgy tactics Sven, music to my ears! :lol:

Gerd said:
Both Vann...i do know that FC United of Manchester is to Manchester United what AFC Wimbledon is to the MK Dons (well that comparision does not do justice to Manchester United, but you get the figure).
I read an article about Fc United in Four Four Two and immediately felt sympathy for the people who started that club. They felt fed up with Man Utd for the same reason i do: it's getting a cororate business unite instead of a real football club... It's an injustice having to say this to you, but most Man Utd fans on this forum are gloaters and glory hunters and although i never went to Manchester let alone to Old Trafford i feel i'm a more honest Man Utd fan than those people. But i don't agree with the direction Man Utd has taken after the treble...in retrospect the treble was a bad thing for Man Utd and English football...but i don't expect much people to agree with me and i'm fine with that...as always: respect to you Vann and sorry to be off-topic. (Gerd posting as Stan)
Sorry for going off topic but what is your definition of a real football club? Its exactly what it says. A football club. Its got nothing to do with how its run. I'm a fan of the football team, I dont care how they get the job done as long as they do. If that means they have to become a big marketing brand to increase success on the pitch then so be it.
When I go to watch a game, I go to watch the team, not the owners of the club. How the club is run shouldnt concern us.

Professor Nutmeg said:
Are you sure you're not a Chelsea fan? :mryellow:
:lol:
The thing is, Chelsea aproach is a lot more extreme. They are willing to use every dirty trick in the book even if that means that they will be hated by everyone or even if they will have to ruin football for the rest of the world.
I dont blame them cuz I'm sure many other club would have done the same in their position.

Edit - Apologies for the earlier comment, I will now disappear.

Last edited by a moderator:
:: JJ :: said:
Let's just say that as of now I will be refraining from posting on these forums for one whole week. I made a deal with CW, if we won, he'd give me a tenner, if we lost, I would stay away for a week, so that is what I'm doing.

*Hits log out, vows not to return until 10th September*

Just to clear this up, we never decided on JJs forfeit so today he just made one up to make me look bad.

Just to stay on topic its yet another hugely convincing win under Sven. The man has no tactical nous at all

I didn't agree with the tactics as I feel he's worried that Defoe will perform too well and then he'll have to drop Owen.

I can't see how he can be playing this same formation but with Owen up front on Weds with Rooney wide when Defoe wasn't chosen up front on Sat. Owen has played hardly any football this season and surely Defoe form is better than Cole and SWP's?

Can anyone remember that 4-3-3 where Rooney played just behind Defoe and Owen? IMO that was better than the 4-3-3 with Cole and SWP.

Yeah but that was a friendly wasnt it? I just think hes looking for a backup plan incase Rooney or Owen arnt fit for the finals!

Its funny how England ALWAYS had potential to win a major tournament but it never materialize in the end.This upcoming world cup promises to be the most competetive ever as almost all major powerhouses are making it thru.I really hope England get their act together for the next game against N.Ireland and book their ticket to Germany.

Looks like Swp got the nod over Joe Cole with Rooney being deployed on the left of the attacking three! Cole must be sick of the sight of Swp!

This formation is actually 4-5-1 which is actually different from 4-3-3. Which is why it sucks.

4-3-3 means you have 3 forwards, two of which play wide and provide service AND score. 4-5-1 means Rooney and SWP will be playing further back.

Sven needs to get his act straight.

On paper, England's best XI is as good as it can get. About time they started playing like it.

I reckon Sven has missed another good opportuntiy with Carrick, with him playing the holding role, Beckham/Gerrard/Lampard the three further up and Rooney playing in a free role behind Owen.

This 4-5-1 formation just seems like an excuse to accomadate people, seriously wtf is Beckham doing in a defensive position.

But then we would have no width and everything would be threw the middle which a good defensive team would porbably shut out!

RuneEdge said:
On paper, England's best XI is as good as it can get. About time they started playing like it.
I used to think that, but i dont think so.... gerrard and lampard play the exact same role for there club teams, so those two seem to be out of place on the field at once... beckham and owen... those guys are not the players they once were it seems...

if you compare player to player with argentina or Italy I think england does not look quite as good on paper, of course thats paper, on paper brazils defense is shit, but once the world cup starts.... a whole different matter.... so paper means shit... with englands results latley and performances this is obvious

Back
Top Bottom