The England Topic

RuneEdge said:
LOL. Owen is still young. He can be as good as he ever was if not better.
yeah but, is he? does he have the same form he had leading up to WC 2002? so calm down on the LOL, he has been playing since he was 17 thats 8 years... so yes he is young, but he has been playing a while mate....

Well so far this game has been a total waste of time. Fuckin pointless

an absolute disgrace...they were a disgrace to themselves and they have let england down they need to take a good long look at themselves and wonder why they play for England

nice to see Gerrard, Lampard and Defoe take club form into these games they only seem to care about the game there getting paid stupid amounts of money to play in i feel sick i am absolutely disgusted to be english tonight

sven its time to leave shut the door on your way out you have no place managing england

Fuckin WANK!!!!! I hate Ericksson, no team spirit with him in charge. Look at the spirit in the N.Ireland team!!

It took me one second, glancing at England's line up to say "that team is unbalanced." Now it's not my job, but why can i see it, and yet somehow it slips past the likes of Sven and Steve McClaren (although i don't know how much influence he has) I'm sorry Sven but you need a better plan going into matches like those. NI showed great spirit.

Cue English rants and raves about how bad the manager is. Indivdually your players are indeed world class, but as a team your nothing special. Northern Ireland tonight proved that a team is great than the sum of it parts, something England need to learn if they want to win anything ever again.

scottish_carson said:
Cue English rants and raves about how bad the manager is. Indivdually your players are indeed world class, but as a team your nothing special. Northern Ireland tonight proved that a team is great than the sum of it parts, something England need to learn if they want to win anything ever again.

yep cant disagree on many points but from someone like u its not football based it spite but hey u cant get rid of the sweaty in u i guess, dont forget u r all but out of the world cup and we are still in with a good shout. Calls for England being sorry Scotland in desguise. :(

scottish_carson said:

Yes but thats it, as a team we should be something special. It's the managers job to bring the individual talent together and make them play as a team. But I've said from day one Eriksson was the wrong man, and these last 3 performances have been shocking. Ok we won against wales but we didn't make it easy. Denmark was disgraceful and tonight was just god damn pathetic. I never usually post in the football discussion forum but I'm that pissed off with the way were going I just had to vent my disappointments. :(

Why is Sven so scared not to play so stars like Beckham Gerrard and Lampard, This formation has further proved to me that Sven would rather see Becks and co run around for 90 mins than England win. Much too long have we relied on individuals rather than a team spirit which could make us true champions

england need to loose the egos. then get rid of sven.

big sam allerdice is the only man for the job now.

they need balls and a team spirit - unless they find them before next summer, they will have no chance in germany...

northern ireland were magnificent tonight. after half an hour, they had their first attack, then a bit of belief crept in and they thrived on it. the longer the game went on, the better they got... one of the best nights of my life!

The whole thing was embarrassing because the team didn't appear to know what they were doing also.Ive seen many teams Club/Countrys witha world classs outfit full of house old names but never won a dam thing because there star team never gelled Just like England we aint gellin 1 bit.

We need to mix it up a little and throw in a Scotty Parker to play the holding midfield and drop either Lampard/Gerrard/Beckham as the three of them are way to similair.There was no tempo to Englands game and passing was awful .Why he took off Shaun Wright Phillips ill never know and Owen Hargreaves is never an England player.

England and Eriksson will take a lot of stick over this, and we cannot expect anything else. we cost around £211m and the Northern Ireland team cost around £6m.

It was a complete embarrassment.

Thats takein nothing away from N-Ireland who i thought got stronger -quicker and showed a huge desire to win tonight and in the end we got what we deserved.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

G.

Last edited:
Thats football.....all teams have embarassing moments as I'm sure Milanista and Thomasgoal could attest to. Tonight's was Englands turn.

England are shit, it is as simple as that. I have never seen such a pathetic bunch of players on that pitch in my life. Beckham is not a leader, he ain't a holding midfield player either. Owen was crap, mainly due to lack of match practice - you could argue he shouldn't have started. Rooney showed us the other side of his game by moping around the pitch having a tantrum just because things weren't going his way. Ashley Cole and Joe Cole can't cross to save their lives, hence why Beckham should be out on the right wing. Even if we do get a decent cross in it won't help as our attacking line up total 4ft 6" in height.

I could go on but I can't be bothered. We need a serious shake up, not necessarily regarding the players but regarding the international setup. They need to meet more regularly for a start.

N.I played with heart and passion and they won, I can't remember the last time I was proud of the England side.

Rant over.

England = DOGSHITE!!!!! 1 = erickson has to go, 2 = owen needs to be replaced hes burnt out and if sven wasnt there he wouldnt be 1st choice him and owen are lovers and owens his little sex toy!!!

ReActor said:
England are shit, it is as simple as that.
There it is, in a nutshell.

We can flatpack Sven back to Sweden but if the players aren't going to perform or try and play like a team it's not going to matter who's in charge. They shouldn't need someone to fire them up.

Northern Ireland showed us how to do it, inidividual skill is useless by itself. I would've felt cheap had we got anything from the game. Well done to them, a thoroughly deserved victory.

Oh and the fans shouting "you fat bastard" at EVERY Paul Robinson goal kick was genius, far too often it only happens a couple of times in a match.

Eriksson has lost it, we just don't play as a team anymore. He has World Class players available to him but he doesn't seem to know how to get the best out of them anymore. When he started out he had donkeys like Heskey and Barmby playing well, but now he has more World Class players available to him and he hasn't a fucking clue. Why take off SWP who looked our most dangerous player and WTF did he bring on Hargreaves for? He looks out of his depth in that side. Lets get back to 4-4-2. Put Rooney through the middle where he can do damage, play Beckham centre mid, drop Lampard. Lets get back to basics.

At the end of the day, 2 wins will see us qualify but we need to buck our ideas up. Oh and surely we can't sack Sven, it will cost too much!!:(

Well I think its Sven's fault. the 4-5-1 formation just doesnt suit England. Like one of you said he might be scared of not playing stars like Gerrard, Lampard or Beckham. Beckham cannot play in a defensive role, being great in one match doesnt mean he'll be great in all matches playing in this role, i think England should stick to the traditional 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 formation they used to play last year or few months ago (cant remember), it was far more effective and balanced.

Well, England suck really, they have a manager that never leaves out the big names regardless of their form. He also plays the best player imo out of his position, I mean the team doesn't work as it should so why the feck does he stick with it all the time?

Another Real Madrid, top players with a shit manager. As Ian Wright said, look at Scotland under a foreign manager, utter shit, yet look at them under a Scottish manager, draw with Italy and beat Norway 2-1, big difference. Under Vogts Scotland woulda been tanked by any team they played.

Just use a 4-4-2 diamond, have Parker in the DMF and Lampard/Gerrard in the OMF position, find a good LMF and have Rooney behind Owen, that should work.

laughingIrish_sm.gif

FD

Back
Top Bottom