The England Topic

Just to drag this topic from the depths of the forum, the England Squad to face Northern Ireland

England squad:

Goalkeepers: David James (Manchester City), Paul Robinson (Tottenham Hotspur), Robert Green (Norwich City).

Defenders: John Terry (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Ledley King (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Arsenal), Gary Neville (Manchester United), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Phil Neville (Manchester United).

Midfielders: Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Bayern Munich, Germany), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool) Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Kieron Dyer (Newcastle United), Jermaine Jenas (Newcastle United), David Beckham (Real Madrid, Spain).

Forwards: Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Andy Johnson (Crystal Palace) Michael Owen (Real Madrid, Spain), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur), Emile Heskey (Birmingham City).

Metallica said:
Quite pissed off that Heskey is in the team

What the fuck is that all about, Sven needs some new specs

Hes on form pick him so what!

Hes earned it where a b4 he didnt!

Get over it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 6 goals in the last 10 games, and not ONE of them a pen ;) fully deserved, imo.

Weres Alan Smith him and Rooney should start together up front. It wont matter though the green and white army of northern ireland are gonna casue an upset.

Even thou I'm a united fan,I cant really back up Alan Smith about this situation.Hes not been at his best since he got that injury,hasnt been scoring either.Its good that Sven choose a player based on his form rather than reputation.So,Heskey it is then...6 goals in the last 10 games,not bad,we'll see how he does,than we'll gather the banter aiight guys?

How many can England put past Azerbaijan tonight, Sven says he`ll be happy with a 1-0 win but I dont think we will be.

3-0 would be my prediction for tonight but we all know how shite my predictions usually are.

I would be extremely surprised if we get the 10 some people are thinking

hard to predict what the score will be tonigh, after saturdays result Azerbaijan will play with 11 men behind the ball and could be difficult to break down so i don't expect the cricket score that some people have predicted, however they're playing some of their younger players and if england can get an early goal or two then maybe they'll go on to get a big win

all that really matters is that england get the 3 points

fishcake said:
all that really matters is that england get the 3 points

Dont you start with that as well, next you`ll be wearing those funny blue rimmed specs and have a receding hairline

:lol: :lmao: :lol: I meant by football.... :roll: :mrgreen:

Not a bad game I suppose but England ran out of ideas at times after they didn't get the early goal. Only reached half my target. :(

owen thought he could score five haha wat a pathetic loser, haha :lmao:

wat Carlos Alberto thinks about Owens stupidity 'Who is he anyway, what has he ever won? He should wash his tongue and clean David Beckham's boots.'

'This man - what's his name, the number 10, the small one who doesn't play in the Real Madrid first team - said that if Poland beat Azerbaijan 8-0, England should score at least eight goals and he'd score five of them.

'But he must respect everyone. Who is Michael Owen anyway? What has he ever won in football? He plays for Real Madrid but is always on the bench.

'It is not right for him to say that he can score five goals against Azerbaijan. Where are those five goals tonight?

'He didn't score one. Sven-Goran Eriksson is a good man, he should teach him to respect everyone. Who is he anyway? Who is he?'

'I have a history in football but what is the history of this guy? He ought to clean his tongue,' added Carlos Alberto, now well into his stride.

'I don't accept this, he is not a man. I would say this to his face if he was here. I hope he is back on the bench when Real Madrid play this weekend.

'This man, this midget, I refuse to talk about him any more. I will talk about Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand or Lampard, but not this midget. This midget ought to clean the boots of Beckham as they are so wet tonight.'

chelsea_fan said:
'This man, this midget, I refuse to talk about him any more. I will talk about Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand or Lampard, but not this midget. This midget ought to clean the boots of Beckham as they are so wet tonight.'

That is harsh

:lol: LOL...............was a classic, from a classic player.

Had to laugh I heard 10, 11 and 12 goals being mentioned. Then we had how if 'The Midget' :lol: scored 1 he'd be level with Shearer and if he scored 5 he'd be level with big ears..............haha, quality, it's that easy?

What capped it off, was listening on the radio whilst it was 0-0 and the game was dragging on, how Poland really where lucky to get 8 goals and every shot went in, basically Azerbaijan (not sure how the heck you spell it) where being turned into a half decent team now seeing as the mighty England weren't scoring goals all over the place.

haha..........quality.

FD

Old Carlos Alberto can't be a good manager if he doesn't know who the oppsotion players are, can he. ;) Mind you, i've always refered to Owen, Defoe and Vassell as the Oompa Lumpa's :mryellow:

It was silly to expect a shedload of goals really. Did Poland think they'd get 4 against Northern Ireland? They got 1. :)

We had the chances to win 15-0, just couldnt finish them off. Plus as England were getting more and more frustrated Beckham started coming inside more and we created less chances.That was really frustrating as he was playing well and creating a lot of problems out wide.

I think Mr Alberto better check is facts hes looking stupid, everyone knows Owen is the interview king, If asked if hed score 5 hed probalby turn around and say id love to get a goal but as long as the team wins ill be happy! he never gives anything in interviews.

Mr Alberto didnt't have a clue what Michael Owen really said. There was a complete breakdown in translation, as everyone now knows. Just posting to reiterate. Owen said that there is talk of england scoring double figures after the Poland result, but that he'd be happy with one goal and a win. I think Mr Alberto needs to apologise to Owen, as Owen would never offend or disrespect anyone in an interview. The bloke has that much diplomacy and tact...he could teach a few politicians a thing or two.

Can someone please let me know the point of these games in the US, the stadium seems to be full of England fans. Are we not supposed to be showing the Yanks how the game should be played and if we are showing them wouldnt it help if there were some of them there

I think its to give these younger players a chance of playing for England, do you honestly think that Green GK would play a WC game over james/Robinson?

You have to figure out the problems in the English team, because imo they dont perform as they should, but changing almost all the starting 11 isnt going to help, what needs to be done is changing 1-2 players at a time, not 8, because then its a case of inexperiance, so England are back to square one.

I dont think Beckham is the ideal captain for the team, if you have someone like Crouch in the box, you dont play low balls, you swing them in..I very rarely seen someone swing the ball into him, and as a captain you should be telling your players what to do.

CWright said:
Can someone please let me know the point of these games in the US, the stadium seems to be full of England fans. Are we not supposed to be showing the Yanks how the game should be played and if we are showing them wouldnt it help if there were some of them there
a)you dont need to show us shit
b)the crowd in chicago was far more pro-american then pro-england
c)the stadiums in american are much larger then in england, thus ours look somewhat empty
d)if you think your b team beating our b team 2-1 in a close match is showing us how to play the game, then england is in deep shit... you realize we were missng most of our starters as you were....

reyna, gooch, beasley, eddie johnson, eddie lewis, john obrien, players you probably dont know, but they our USA's best at there positions and they didnt play, maybe swen wanted a free trip to the states

csaunders said:
maybe swen wanted a free trip to the states

That could be the only explanation, though surely he can afford it with the money the FA are throwing at him.

Still, least its better playing these players in these matches rather than playing them in a WC and losing because of it, then the English fans would be moaning because Sven shouldnt have played un-tested players in the WC :)

Why do you think teams have reserves?..its the same as this, he wanted to take some players none of us have seen in an England top to see if he should play them in the more important matches or not.

Carlos Alberto Torres Hooligan

Mr Alberto strikes again, doing suspicious moves and emphatically leaving the pitch through the center after recieving a red card for hitting the tech referee in 80th minute of Azerbaijan - Poland game

Seems they didn't know that in Brazil touching you in the face with closed fist is the sign of biggest respect :D

00003746_tecnicos_f5.jpg

Current group VI table (WC 2006 Qual.)
grupa6table1zc.png

Back
Top Bottom