The England Topic

ainslm said:
Sorry to dissapoint you guys! But it was a foul on the keeper :(

So how do you come to that conclusion?!!

There was nothing wrong with the goal.

The swiss ref just wasn't good enough for such a big game, he made the wrong calls for both teams.....and what was his beard??

Stop argueing about whether it was a foul or not - jesus christ! If we actually accepted defeat and moved on we would be a better f*cking football team. Instead of always looking to the past, blaming the ref, the pitch, the injustice of it all. 40 years of hurt and all that crap!

The phrase "We didn't deserve to lose" is a complete load of horseshit. We lost. If you lose then you deserve to lose. It doesn't matter if you were the better team, or worse team on the night, if you lose then there is f*ck all you can do about it.

The reason I'm pissed off is because we are out, and we played shit. It has nothing to do with any decision that happened during the game, its in the past - move on!

super mick mcarthy said:
go portugal!!!! knock the hooligans back home!!!

Mods i want something doing about that comment

What the hell is he talking about, its stereo-typing all England fans to be Hooligans

He obviously knows FUCK ALL about anything to make that comment, you idiot

It's just a throw-away comment he's made, didn't label it at any of you. It's okay for you lot to call people names which has been done already that I've saw. You called Thomas a frog did you not? Take it like a man.

FD

I do agree with you reactor, but that was an injustice not gettin that goal. I am a qualified ref (lv5) and i no i am not as high as Urs 'twat' meier, but there was nothin wrong with the goal. John Trry did not look at the keeper in fact he had his back to him and made an honest jump for the ball to which he never took his eyes off. Not only that but Sol Campbell jumped higher than anyone to score that goal, the keeper would not have got to it first. Terrible decision.

noise said:
I do agree with you reactor, but that was an injustice not gettin that goal. I am a qualified ref (lv5) and i no i am not as high as Urs 'twat' meier, but there was nothin wrong with the goal. John Trry did not look at the keeper in fact he had his back to him and made an honest jump for the ball to which he never took his eyes off. Not only that but Sol Campbell jumped higher than anyone to score that goal, the keeper would not have got to it first. Terrible decision.

I don't mean to be rude, but i would not want to play for a team in a league where you are a referee...i'm sure you know the rules very well...you have a serious eye problem though...It was clearly visible that Terry touched Ricardo's arm...
Further on the way you describe a fellow referee ("Twat") proves that you're unable to be objective and therefore not suited to be a referee... (neither am i, but i don't bother...)
I also agree (totally) with reactor.

Sorry, but i just cant resist.. :D

Beckham.jpg

Yeah I agree Gerd. I have a mate who is a referee and stand's up for his referee's, but will obviously have an opinion too, however can't see him calling any of his fellow ref's that.

And for our seemingly blind referee member, can you tell me if it's illegal for Ricardo to have a third hand growing at the back of his head?

200394_480X320.jpg

FD

I have a theory. Beckham shaved his hair off, therefore losing his powers - in a hercule's style - i didnt say it was a good theory ;)

I dont care about refs cock up what hurts more is the lack of skill and ability in the England players, i feel a shakeup is needed.

Dare I say it but Neville was solid, I hate that MANC!!! but he played well, Ahsley and Campbell too, and lets not forget King, shame he wasnt used again after playing so well.

Then Lamps and Gerrard are fine in middle, its the two wide men who did nothing for me, Becks and Scholes, I seriously feel Dyer and maybe even Joe Cole, two players with a bit of flashy skill on em could do better, up front I tihnk Owen shoud go his overall game isnt up to scratch, Rooney and Defoe is where its going.

having said all that maybe its just the grass roots level of the game in this country where it appears the only things that people look for (scouts and managers) in a player here is speed and strength.

Are our coachs, managers and scouts pushing skill levels up???

What do you think ??? I seriously feel its the system thats let us down, we look abroad for skill yet rarley produce it here.

Where are our Ronaldo's and Robbens ???

Did you not see Owens performance last night? if he'd had decent service he could have bagged a hatful, and the running and link up play he did was ok, nothing special, but i dont think he needs to be dropped.

i have to say i dont think you can fault the personel, its the system and the fact we try and play long ball, pressing games. we clearly had portugal on the back foot last night, and i know our talisman went off but i jsut thought at the time that it'd be perfect for joe cole, give him the ball, see what he can do, playing in the hole, i just thought it was made for the fella.

It's worth saying again, England could have done with a target man to hold up their big hoofs up the park last night, Sutton would have been perfect. Had no width on the left either, Thompson again would have been great there although so would Bridge/Cole.

Possible England Team in WC2006

5-3-2

-------------Robinson
----------------------------------------
-----Campbell, Terry, Ferdinand-------
???-------------------------------A. Cole
-||--------------------------------------||--
-||----------Gerrard (or Lampard)--\/
-\/------Beckham-------------------------
------------//-----------------Rooney (or Lampard)-
-----------\/----------------------||-------
-----------------------Owen (or Rooney)
--------------Defoé--

Dunno who play as right back, hopefully someone better than Neville

cfdh_edmundo said:
Dunno who play as right back, hopefully someone better than Neville

thats utter bollcks
Neville has been excellent in this tournament and for england over the years. An absolute clueless post

Neville did have a quality tournie, but hopefully we'll have a fully fit and professional Glen Johnson in the side by then.

But what will he be like in 2 years time?

No idea if this has been posted yet as i cant be arsed looking through 40 pages of moaning fans but i thought it was funny.

foot3.jpg

Neville did have a quality tournie, but hopefully we'll have a fully fit and professional Glen Johnson in the side by then.

Yes Glen is better than Neville with some experience :) - a good point as I forgot about him.

Neville's pace will have gone by then read the first bit for WC2006 if you knew anything about football you would know you cant play with slow full backs... Watching players like Gary Breen and Kenny Cunningham in my team makes me think any defenders without pace are a liability. In Neville's position he'll have to run up and down the side of the pitch a lot. He'll be 30-31 by then, he'll have put on more weight and lost muscle (it happens more the older you get) hes already lost some pace (not that much to really affect him but a noticable amont) when more goes that will be it. Players age with time, even Man Utd ones, to cite an extreme example Brian McClaire wouldnt be a top class striker now-a-days would he ;) .

loz said:

indeed glen looks one for the future, but to just dismiss G nev after the way he has played for england in recent memory is ridiculous

sorry ed, but i dont agree. i think playing the wing-back position is more about stamina, and i'd prefer to see becks in that position than the central role, tbh!!!

cfdh_edmundo said:
Neville's pace will have gone by then read the first bit for WC2006 if you knew anything about football you would know you cant play with slow full backs... Watching players like Gary Breen and Kenny Cunningham in my team makes me think any defenders without pace are a liability. In Neville's position he'll have to run up and down the side of the pitch a lot. He'll be 30-31 by then, he'll have put on more weight and lost muscle (it happens more the older you get) hes already lost some pace (not that much to really affect him but a noticable amont) when more goes that will be it. Players age with time, even Man Utd ones, to cite an extreme example Brian McClaire wouldnt be a top class striker now-a-days would he ;) .

i knew it was for the WC2006 i can read
to be fair i think Neville is slightly better than Gary Breen and K Cunningham :roll:
Gary Neville has never really had any pace it isnt one of the fundemental factors of his game, he is more of a reader of the game and is a steady and efficient defender.
I realise that youngsters, especially Glen Johnson will be gunning for his position, but i think Neville still has a lot to offer to the English team, he is a calming influence on the team and has experience that others cannot offer in his position

Yeah I think Neville has had a very good tournament also, don't think he'll be that over the hill come 2006, although you never know. However one thing I'll say about him too is his crossing is incredible for a full-back. :shock:

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yeah I think Neville has had a very good tournament also, don't think he'll be that over the hill come 2006, although you never know. However one thing I'll say about him too is his crossing is incredible for a full-back. :shock:

FD

yeah he has delivered a few decent crosses, i cant really remember him doing that for United that much recently.

loz said:
fd1972uk said:

FD

yeah he has delivered a few decent crosses, i cant really remember him doing that for United that much recently.

He does it nearly all the time.

We was robbed, still we were outplayed for most od the game tho.

Portugal was great BTW, got back yesterday and the whole plane was filled with depressed England fans.

I was also in the square where that fella got stabbed, not at the same time but the day before.

Roll on 2006!

Back
Top Bottom