The England Topic

i think we will be ok it will be tight but i predict a 2-1 win to england

garyrob said:
i think we will be ok it will be tight but i predict a 2-1 win to england

We can defo turn em over, but it wont be a walk in the park the first goal will be important, and if we do get in front weve got to finish em off, not go 1-0 up and then sit back like we usually do! (any one noticed how weve started doin impressions of old itlalian teams, but end up conceding instead of shutting teams out all game?)

Its gonna be tuff IMO, maybe if we go one or two up they might self destruct!

I dont think he will, even though that is Croatia's game plan.

Please England dont go out for a draw! Please! Look what happened to Spain!

So Portugal or Greece await us if we beat Croatia. And to be honest neither one scares me. Portugal havent played well, and Greece are beatable. So i say go for the win and if we get it lets see what the gods decide for the French game.

i think england has definitely go for a win, croatia will be very motivated, they still have the chance to reach the quarters with a win...

portugal and greece: both are very hard to beat imo. greece is in a good form (the defeat against russia was due to a lack of concentration imo) and have team-spirit, which is very important in big tournaments.

portugal need to play more effective, but their technical skills and the home-advantage make them a dangerous opponent.

france and england will go through ;)

I dont think Greece are big game players, just look at tonight, when the pressure was on they failed.

yes, but now they're in the quarter finals, which is a big success for them.

against france or you (england) they are the underdogs who have nothing to lose. that makes them quite dangerous, don't you think?

julien said:
yes, but now they're in the quarter finals, which is a big success for them.

against france or you (england) they are the underdogs who have nothing to lose. that makes them quite dangerous, don't you think?

I think the Greeks will be happy to be there, and will be less motivated, they have had a successful tournament already, as long as they do not get hammered they will go home happy bunnies, smashing plates all the way. (Plus, don't forget, the longer they are in Portugal, the less overtime they will get building the Olympic stadiums)

Croatia are a good side, if you let them play. With France's expansive midfield, they had plenty of room. Switzerland virtually nullified any threat by defending well, something England CAN do. 2-0 to England - Rooney double again.

look at this quote i made before Euro 2004 :)

Rooney a star man!?!

I dont think hes anywhere near as good as the hype surrounding him, the only coverage he will get this summer is when he half kills someone in a game.

Defoe deserves a place ahead of Rooney, u need to take players on form not players like Scholes who aint scored for 3 years and Rooney who dont look like scoring. He didnt even look bothered tonight

hahahaha

MrCoopz said:
look at this quote i made before Euro 2004 :)

Rooney a star man!?!

I dont think hes anywhere near as good as the hype surrounding him, the only coverage he will get this summer is when he half kills someone in a game.

Defoe deserves a place ahead of Rooney, u need to take players on form not players like Scholes who aint scored for 3 years and Rooney who dont look like scoring. He didnt even look bothered tonight

hahahaha

LMFAO!!! :mrgreen: Good find mate

Lol class Coopz!

So Portugal next then who knows. Fingers crossed Terry is ok for Thursday, we could really do with him.
As for performances in particular Cole and Gerrard had great games i thought, and Rooney produced what was expected ;)

Yea, Cole and Campbell have been emense!!, well all the defence has.

Gary Neville has been awesome in all of our games so far, doesn't get the credit he deserves in my opinion as he often comes across as a twat. I fear his true value to both United and England will never be recognised.

hutch said:
Gary Neville has been awesome in all of our games so far, doesn't get the credit he deserves in my opinion as he often comes across as a twat. I fear his true value to both United and England will never be recognised.

I agree! Excellent defending AND going forward, Beckham isnt the same player without him.

Other than Heskey, no one had has a bad tournament. I really can't see England losing. The only problem is defending set pieces. You can really see how they miss Rio.
I personally think if we carry on playing like this, the world cup is ours too.

[quote="freddyboy2-0 to England - Rooney double again.[/quote]

If you ignore the 2 Croatia goals, and lampard and Scholes' I was spot on.......

Bring it on Figo and Ronaldo

What a great game for Rooney. Seriously, this kid could be the next _______(insert great player name here). Wonderful performance from the team, other than Beckham :roll:. Seroiusly, a round of applause for Rooney.

I don't trust a guy who can't spell "Premiership" right in his sig... :)

It's weird though. Like I've said before I'm not the biggest football fan in the world and the only stuff I watch is English domestic games and the odd World Cup and European Championship until now, so I've took everyone saying "Zidane is the best player in the world" to be true. But from what I've seen of him so far, I think he's been absolutely dire. Over the hill, greedy on occasions, can only score set pieces and easy headers - that would be my brief description of him if anybody asked my opinion on him.

So maybe it's a good job they don't... :eh:

But seriously, I think he's been utterly utterly poor - and to think he was voted the "best player ever" (not just from this year or something) in some FIFA thing?! I would compare him to Simon Haworth at my little second division English club!! Past it but can head it on occasion!!

However, having said all that, and then reading the above post, I have to say I think Beckham's been really good - not spectacular, but he's kept the show going, got some good passes together and he's been a brilliant, brilliant captain; keeping his cool more than Rooney, which is nice to see.

So... Hmmm. Maybe I should just stick to watching the Premiership. :eh: But if Beckham scores on Thursday I want full recognition! ;)

Jack, honestly, go see someone mate. Zidane's touches have been sublime, the way he controls the ball and gets himself out of every possible situation is unreal. He's not lit up a game yet in the way Nedved or Larsson has for example, but he's still got 3 goals and he's not even started yet.

yeah jack, zindane is on another level, classicd nailed it on the head

"the way he controls the ball and gets himself out of every possible situation is unreal"

zindane is easily the best player in the tourney...

He is playing better than anyone so far, i know people will talk about him being too inexperienced and they will say players like Zidane and Henry are far greater, but at the minute he is the player that any team dont want to face!

Back
Top Bottom