The England Topic

:mrgreen: LOL..........yeah but Coopz, you know none of your boys will score more goals than him again.

FD

Over all i think its a solid squad for England, however i would of loved to have seen Defoe in there, sigh! :(

The miserable scottish are being typically critical of england.....I see,

FD and CD stop this hatred. And get your england shirts on for the big france game!!

Lets face it, Sven played arguably one of the best central midfielders in the world at wide left to accomodate Lampard - an attacking midfielder in the holding role, and Scholes - a 'goal scoring midfielder' who hasnt scored for England in 26 games.

Is he trying to win this thing or not?

Or is he content to sit back on his wages - which are reportedly more than the Brazilian, Argentinian, Italian, French, German and Dutch managers combined?

It seems we've reverted back to the Keegan era - where KK chose the best 11 English players and played some out of position!

Never thought that Gerrard would end being the answer to England's left mid problem. Barry & Thompson, perhaps even Bridge and Cole must be wondering what they've done not to even deserve a decent chance at that position...

We don't need to be critical of England, your own fans should do that for you. Wait a minute, you're England! That can't be right! You're great! One of the big teams, despite not winning anything since 66, and not winning a game in the last 9 months. Go England. Go Sven. Go Ulrikakaka!

SHOOTO!!!!

:mrgreen:

I like how u keep saying nine months to make it sound really bad

How many games have we had in nine months? 3, 4?

Just because u have won 2 games in a row dont mean u can slag us off :)

MrCoopz said:
I like how u keep saying nine months to make it sound really bad

How many games have we had in nine months? 3, 4?

Just because u have won 2 games in a row dont mean u can slag us off :)

True; the fact that we're crap is the reason to slag us off. Tsk tsk Classic!

(just wanted to show the Scots that not every Englishman is so blind that he believes his team are "coming home" with anything more than rape charges)

ClassicD said:
I know Jack, many of your fans are not delusional fools, my message was aimed at those who are ;).

Stop giving your country a bad name Coopz! ;)

It's not that I don't support them but I look at that lineup and I just sigh. I see three or four truly world-class players in that lineup. European Championship winners need eleven. Plus you need every single player to be firing on every single cylinder.

I want us to win it, after all I'm English and I love football, and I love tournaments like this. The World Cup was absolutely sensational, waking up to football and going to sleep to it too, and the displays put on by each team were spectacular. But all I see in that England line up are has-beens and overhyped players with the exception of one or two like Gerrard and Beckham (who have tempers so God knows how long they will be available for).

I'll be celebrating with everyone else if we win it; but I'd be very surprised.

Please note that this is the opinion of one England fan, please don't send me death-threats :)

Jack u must be 49% English then :)

And for then record i have never said we were gonna win it CD :)

not with that team anyway, maybe a few changes and we will ;)

ClassicD said:
One of the big teams, despite not winning anything since 66...

England won Le Tournoi in 1997 ;)

So England haven't lost a match when Gerrard has played, right?
So either that record will end this summer (unless penalties don't count) or England might even win it. Unless 3 draws isn't good enough to qualify for the knockouts.

Unless, if, but, when, etc....... :roll:

Good luck to England. They will need it.

England has lost a match when gerrard played, i think only once, was it Sweden? I cant remember but i no they have

England will need more than luck, to win Euro 2004. They will need a miracle!

European Championship winners need eleven

i disagree mate, France are generally thought of the best team in this competition and they dont have 11 world class players imo

They dont have a world class keeper (although they have a decent selection)

There defence is getting older and players like Lizarazu, Desailly and Thuram are not the players they were

There Midfield, what can i say. same with there strikers really

Zidane says our defence isnt up to much, well i think he should have a gander at his own before he slags ours off

Cant wait until the game now, im not saying were going to win but its a joke people writing us off against the mighty French, the same people who expected 5-0 when they played Senegal in the world cup, if Senegal can do it, im pretty sure we can

I dont feel very confident, but confident enough to bet with the odds. In fact, ima log on to a betting website now. Any suggestions.

super mick mcarthy said:
Cant wait until the game now, im not saying were going to win but its a joke people writing us off against the mighty French, the same people who expected 5-0 when they played Senegal in the world cup, if Senegal can do it, im pretty sure we can

Yeah but Senegal are a hard working Organised team. who play with pace and power. we unfortunatly dont have any of those qualities.

We play good football until the other team starts to wake up, then we turn to sh*t. We will not win this tournment unless we play to our strengths and looking at the side Sven put out the other day....we fucked :mrgreen:

How Phil Neville continues to be picked in the England squad is beyond me, surely there must be someone out there who has some talent and doesnt have a head that resembles a raped asshole.

The midfield is just crowded, Phil was a lucky one. Parker wasnt. England have too many of these players that can play the holding midfield role.

Back
Top Bottom