The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

4.3.3 is out now. Update straight to the official firmware, then do the jailbreak. Guide is on Redmond Pie for that too, extremely easy to do.

Yeah, done it. Thanks.
The whole process of restoring and updating is such a pain. And I hate the fact that you cant leave recovery mode if you messed up somewhere.
For some reason yesterday, I couldnt download my backed up contacts, messages, etc back onto the updated phone cuz apparantly "they were corrupt". After 20 minutes of panicking and retrying, I finally got it working.

Has anyone here used "LockInfo"? It basically seems like a plugin that does everything the new iOS5 lockscreen gives you.

Yep, LockInfo 3.0 is very good. That's the only reason I jailbroke my iPhone again :)).

http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16810659&p=1

I use that, but with a different background image:

db715bcd.jpg

Last edited:
Great. I basically wanted some opinions and whether I should bother with it, but I guess you kinda already answered that for me. Thanks.

Do you know if its possible to download or browse different lockscreen sliders rather than whole themes? I found a theme I like but yet to see good lock slider.
I'm currently rocking this bad boy. lol
phototy.png

Yeah, LockInfo is definitely worth getting. It's free for 14 days so you an try it and see if you like it anyway. As for the different unlock sliders you can get what you want and apply it separately via SSH if it's not part of a theme you want, so ultimately yes you can have different sliders.

You get it from Cydia. Its one of the few themes that are free. It comes with (I think) 200 custom app icons but you'll have to manually add any others that you might want.
MacThemes forum has loads in the BlackUPS thread.

I like the groups you've created Rune!

P.S. Just thought I'd add that I'm posting from my MacBook which is using the Personal Wi-Fi hotspot being created by my jailbroken iPhone 4! Crazy shit!

P.S. Just thought I'd add that I'm posting from my MacBook which is using the Personal Wi-Fi hotspot being created by my jailbroken iPhone 4! Crazy shit!

:LOL:

You didn't use this when you had Android phones in the past?

I like the groups you've created Rune!
Thanks. :SMUG:
Took me a while to figure out where I wanted to put everything, mainly because of the 12 app folder limit (Im guessing Cydia probably has something to deal with that, but meh).

I have the more, shall we say less important groups on the second page, such as "Music" (iTunes, Shazam, Soundhound), "Web" (web browsers like Opera, Mercury, and things like Tapatalk), "Lifestyle" (things like Flixster, AroundMe), and other groups like Navigation, Fun, E-Commerce, etc.
The third and last page is just games split into different genres. :P

I quite like how I've set it up. I remember my previous iPhone having something like 7-8 pages of apps and stuff all over the place. So I was quite surprised how I managed to sort everything out into just 3 this time. Especially since I have 19gb of apps installed on there now.

swapped my iphone 16gb 3gs for an ipad 32gb wifi + 3G

so now looking for some decent apps, games for the IPAD

anything and everything?

what are the best apps/games out there?

seems not as many apps for the ipad as the iphone

cheers

There's tons out for the iPad, anything Universal uses the larger screen etc as well. Nearly everything on my iPad is Universal, annoys me having to 2x the screen (and that's using RetinaPad, a jailbreak app to make 2x games look better).

guys i bought ipod touch 4g months ago , i want to ask if there is any problem if i do jailbreak or any info about it

sorry but this is my 1st apple product so im amatuer on this :P

Any Folder Enhancer or Infinifolder users in here? Just want your thoughts on it such as bugs or whatever and whether it has any conflicts with anything else. I think I read that you cant fiddle with your app layout/folders in iTunes cuz it doesnt support more than 12 apps per folder.

Any Folder Enhancer or Infinifolder users in here? Just want your thoughts on it such as bugs or whatever and whether it has any conflicts with anything else. I think I read that you cant fiddle with your app layout/folders in iTunes cuz it doesnt support more than 12 apps per folder.

The last part is true. Other than that, its one of the best tweaks available in Cydia. Well worth it and I've never encountered any problems.

So what happens if you sync your phone to iTunes, any problems there?
And which one have you used? Folder Enhancer or Infinifolders?
Folder Enhancer looks like the one with more features and everything but I like how Infinifolders is simple and doesnt move away from the standard folder look. Folder Enhancer on the other hand basically recreates the folder feature of iOS.

The Sky Go app is out and i think its the best app that i have seen on the iPhone

The quality of streaming is superb even on 3G

Same as the Sky Mobile TV app? Just replaces it doesn't it?

You also need to make sure you've got unlimited data if you're gonna use it a lot on 3G.

WOW! The quality really is excellent. I think the real test will come when you got a top Premiership game that everyone's gonna be streaming.

I had iPhone Sky Mobile player for the majority of the last Premiership season. No problems streaming whatsoever even on the big games. All very good quality for the size of the device.

Is there a way to stream from my iPad 1 to my PC? My parents will use one of the Sky Go passes for their laptop so I can use the other. I've always used the PC but tempted to use my iPad as then I can watch anywhere where there's wifi. Only problem then is having to watch it on the iPad instead of a big TV. Any workarounds?

guys i have one question i get "cowboys & aliens" app and when i run game i pick "gun" before to start game when its loading game crash ..... anyone have any solution ?

EDIT: can i watch match's free (example premier league) with sky go or sky mobile tv ? thanks and sorry im noob :P

_________
sorry my bad english

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom