The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Tesco Mobile are back with their iPhone deals. I got an iPhone 4 at launch for £20 a month for 12 months and have no complaints at all. Great customer service, 12 month contract, great reception and club card points.

Just checked their deals, they are very good! But the name Tesco just puts me off. They use O2 network, is that right? How have you found their customer service? This is big factor for me...

Tesco Mobile are back with their iPhone deals. I got an iPhone 4 at launch for £20 a month for 12 months and have no complaints at all. Great customer service, 12 month contract, great reception and club card points.

wow thats great deal so at last u get iphone4 for about £240 , wish i can do same contract in my country !

Just checked their deals, they are very good! But the name Tesco just puts me off. They use O2 network, is that right? How have you found their customer service? This is big factor for me...

I have no complaints for them at all. Customer service has always been fast and able to assist me. There was one time where the 3G network was down, but that was due to O2 and not Tesco. It's very efficient and I highly recommend their service.

wow thats great deal so at last u get iphone4 for about £240 , wish i can do same contract in my country !

Well when I did it, it was £350 for the 16gb iPhone 4 and £20 per month. So in total you're paying £540 as opposed to the much more expensive contracts from other networks. I think it's a great deal. I got 350 minutes, unlimited text and unlimited data.

People assume Tesco is crap because of the name, but it's just O2.

Anybody know the answer to this?...

I have no issue with an imessage getting sent as a picture message, what I don't want is for a picture message to go through as I don't want to pay the charges for them as I don't have them as part of my plan. I'd just e-mail instead.

Do I just turn MMS off for this to work like this?

So pictures go through on iMessage but won't if no signal? But a message with just text will go through as an iMessage if I set it to send as an SMS??

I will probably go ahead and get it after Xmas. Will it really make a difference though, all I really do is play FM, chat on MSN and surf the net.

Anybody know the answer to this?...

I have no issue with an imessage getting sent as a picture message, what I don't want is for a picture message to go through as I don't want to pay the charges for them as I don't have them as part of my plan. I'd just e-mail instead.

Do I just turn MMS off for this to work like this?

So pictures go through on iMessage but won't if no signal? But a message with just text will go through as an iMessage if I set it to send as an SMS??

There's an option in Settings>Messages called 'Send as SMS', turn it off. This means if the iMessage can't send, it won't send at all. This can save money especially if you're texting someone abroad.

There's an option in Settings>Messages called 'Send as SMS', turn it off. This means if the iMessage can't send, it won't send at all. This can save money especially if you're texting someone abroad.

I found that but if it's text only I don't mind them going through. It's just the picture messages. There is am MMS option so I've switched that off. Will see what happens next time I'm out of reception.

Noticed that when I had iTunes running last night, FM was a bit sluggish, and matches were certainly quite jumpy. So I've just ordered the extra 4GB RAM for my MacBook Pro!

ScreenShot2011-11-05at172206.png

Yay.

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anyone can help.

My brother gave me his iPhone (he got the 4S recently).

I'm not very good with phones and stuff, I currently just have a Nokia N95 8GB on a pay as you go.

Can I just put my simcard (it's O2, just the same as my brothers phone network too) and that's it?

I seem to be able to use the wi-fi.

Looks like I have to do something to be able to get applications. My brothers username or whatever is still on that.

TIA

FD

Seeing as you're both on O2, your sim will work fine.

I think you can just go into the settings and do a complete reset and it'll get rid of your brothers details etc.

if goin from a normal phone to an iphone 4 or s you will need a micro sim like. the missus did the same thing went from a nokia n96 to an iphone 4 recently.

you gotta be cafeful though lad. if you dont cut it right obviously it wont work but then again you can always ask your provider for another sim so not too much of a problem like.

Had a kernel error a few weeks back on my MBP and it was decided in the Apple Store after supposedly running a bunch of diagnostic checks, etc. that it could only be the logic board and therefore wasn't economical for me to fix it.

Took it apart today with two friends to see if the hard drive still worked and the data was salvagable. It was which is fine. Then ran the diagnostic check to see if the logic board was actually faulty (couldn't have been really because it'd still boot but then get to the error screen that tells you to restart) and absolutely nothing is apparently wrong with it.

Chose the option to restart from that point and for whatever reason it works again...despite us not really doing anything other than taking the whole thing apart?

It's not hugely stable but getting better as time passes, possibly it was only jerky at the start because it's been dormant for a while and was after a fairly serious issue.

In any case, what the hell? Did the Apple 'genius' actually do fuck all then expect me to buy a new Mac because it would supposedly have cost just as much to fix my old one? Bear in mind it's three and a half years old so perhaps he saw me as an easy target to upgrade to a nice, shiny new one.

guys I have my ipod touch 4g jailbreaken with 4.3.3 ISO and i want to do 5.0.1 jailbreak again , I can do it or I have to update my ipod to other version first ?

guys I have my ipod touch 4g jailbreaken with 4.3.3 ISO and i want to do 5.0.1 jailbreak again , I can do it or I have to update my ipod to other version first ?

You shouldn't update to 5.0.1. You need to update 5.0.0. Because there won't be a jailbreak for 5.0.1., because there are only small differences between 5.0.1. and 5.0.0.

There currently is a jailbreak for 5.0.0., but it is unthethered, that means that you need to jailbreak every time you turn it off or if the battery is dead.

You shouldn't update to 5.0.1. You need to update 5.0.0. Because there won't be a jailbreak for 5.0.1., because there are only small differences between 5.0.1. and 5.0.0.

There currently is a jailbreak for 5.0.0., but it is unthethered, that means that you need to jailbreak every time you turn it off or if the battery is dead.

well i found this video but i have hard to understand as my english is really poor , YouTube - NEW 5.0.1 Jailbreak iPhone 4/3Gs iPod Touch 4G/3G & iPad - Redsn0w 0.9.9b8

I think he fix this problem with battery here ? didnt he ?

but if is this better to stay on 4.3.3 that i already have !

It's better to stay on 4.3.3. , because in that video it's also thethered.
If there is an unthetherd jailbreak for 5.0.0. available, you should update to that. Untill I advise you to stay on 4.3.3 ;)

Back
Top Bottom