The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

It automatically checks for updates when you go into Cydia

You just click changes and update if there is any

On my iPod when I try to go on Cydia it loads up, then just closes.

I had this problem before and had to remove a file via OpenSSH but that file isn't the problem this time so I don't know how to fix it.

I think a full restore is in order though, I have too many shitty games/apps and starting from scratch would force me to sort it out :P.

Infinifolders is the shit. I recommend you guys download MiTube before it gets pulled by Apple. It lets you download videos off youtube on any quality. It used to be a jailbreak only app.

I believe MiTube is made by the same person who made MxTube on Cydia. It even has the same icon. Glad to see it on the App Store and for free!

Aren't the apps tied to the iPhone though? Hence the need to jailbreak to use cracked iPhone apps that everyone can use.

In all honesty, MiTube a great app for downloading files/streaming in HD etc etc. However, I wish it had the same functionality as the Youtube app i.e. the ability to view your subscriptions/favourited videos/history/playlists. I follow a lot of game walkthroughs and it's an absolute pain trying to find the parts in the right order. I would probably use it a hell of a lot more if it had these especially as I can watch them all in HD.

Like many people with iPhone 4's, my battery drains a lot faster after jailbreaking. I did a full restore and it still drains like mad. Usually I'd lose 1% overnight, now I'd lose upto 20%. I'm only going to use it for infinifolders and the carrier unlock until there is a fix - its too unstable.

It's been pulled.

I also recommend Infinifolders. Well worth the £2

The only problem with this and Infinidock is that when you connect to iTunes and click the app tab where you can organise your icons, iTunes doesn't realise you have either installed so just chucks the icons in the folders all over the place

Its fucking annoying having to move them everytime

Just walked past the new apple store in Covent Garden, there are some sad fucks there, camping over for the opening tomorrow :ROLL:

I think I might get a new 13 inch MacBook Pro in September. My late 2007 MacBook seems so outdated now. Its got a crappy Intel integrated graphics processor and only 1GB RAM. I need some more power now and I need Windows 7 so the 4GB RAM in the MacBook Pro along with the Nvidia 320M GPU will be extremely useful. Plus that will mean I can finally play some games like Starcraft 2!

Last edited by a moderator:
In all honesty, MiTube a great app for downloading files/streaming in HD etc etc. However, I wish it had the same functionality as the Youtube app i.e. the ability to view your subscriptions/favourited videos/history/playlists. I follow a lot of game walkthroughs and it's an absolute pain trying to find the parts in the right order. I would probably use it a hell of a lot more if it had these especially as I can watch them all in HD.

instead of the iPhone's default YouTube app, you may wanna just add the mobile version of YouTube(m.youtube.com) to your homescreen instead. the mobile site is running on HTML5, and the videos load up a bit faster. better quality (HQ only) than the default app too.

if ur phone's not jb'd.

Last edited:
Yeah, I recently discovered the mobile YouTube site too. It also saves to the homescreen like a web app with its own icon and everything too.

Thanks for that. I tried it and the app showed up in iTunes. I tried to sync the phone and surprisingly I got no error messages (like how you normally would with apps that arent authorised on your phone). But for some reason I dont see the app on my phone.

EDIT
Nevermind. I had to select it in the app tab, and it still dont work. I guess I'll just have to jailbreak the phone if I want to use it.

Last edited:
Its nice of Apple to fuck up the OS on a 3GS so now everything is slow, cheers you cunts

Back
Top Bottom