The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

i'm still debating on wether to get a screen protector for my two day old iP4. i look at the two floor models at my local at&t store, amazed at how well they've held up after weeks of handling and 'abuse' by the public. the workers tell me they have never been changed out, nor do they have screen protectors on :CONFUSE:

It wont scratch with people using fingers on the test models probably even if they run there nails on it

Its the everyday normal use that does it, in and out of your pocket with something in there that you forgot or something accidentally hits or scrapes the screen, its very easily done as i found out with my old one which i was very careful with

If you've got the magic mouse, you can set up all the same mouse gestures on it.

Yea, I've got that and I use most of the gestures. Havent bothered getting the plug in to enable all gestures, but must admit I love the 3-finger 'back' swipe on the net as well as 2 (or 3?) fingers up/down to jump up/down the page.

I think ergonomically, for me at least the tilted pad should hopefully work better.

Let me know how the trackpad is Paul, I do graphics design as well and love the trackpad on my macbook.

Will do, was kinda hoping to get it today as it shipped yesterday, but its on standard mail, so could be as late as Monday :(

I'm interested to see if it works well with FM2010 and Starcraft as I'm currently playing them in bed (well, not RIGHT now!) and its little awkward cramped up on the MBP pad.

Be nice to have the trackpad by my side... dunno, see how it goes!

My free bumper arrived yesterday. Seeing as I only ordered it last week that's really good.

I'm going to echo Stef's question about the shields. I bought a Griffin one from O2 as it was the only shop near work that had an IP4 shield available, but it's starting to bubble. Any suggestions as to what I/we should look for?

It wont scratch with people using fingers on the test models probably even if they run there nails on it

Its the everyday normal use that does it, in and out of your pocket with something in there that you forgot or something accidentally hits or scrapes the screen, its very easily done as i found out with my old one which i was very careful with

true, but after a month, & with school being out, there would be some mischievous types(punk ass kids, and adults!) scratch testing with keys, coins, rings, etc; when no one was looking.

for the speck hd? i got it of the only retailer having it in stock on ebay uk. 800k or something reviews so seems legit, hope they ship fast.

now i'm looking into power support anti glare on ebay us, 1 retailer stocking it with slightly less shocking delivery fees then the official store (how can you cheapest shipping option for a little, letter sized piece of paper and plastic be 28$, 50$ for usps express, 80!!!$ for ups??), still 30$ for express shipping which would add up to 60$ for a pack of stupid cover up foils. still consider doing it as they are so class i hate to actually touch my phone with the zagg one installed...:(
anybody wants to maybe share an order and split shipping?

I heard the SGP Ultra Crystal one is the best - I've been researching a bit. Apparently this one is almost literally invisible and is fully compatible with the bumper. My fucking Zagg is peeling because of the bumper and it feels like a ballsack on the front screen.

never again zagg, that's for sure...although on my eos it works okay, than again that is a tiny screen which is not touched.

Actually now my iPhone 4 is fucked. Its hanging on the Apple logo after reboot and isnt recognised in iTunes. Aaah.

Did you get a message after the jailbreak was complete? Mine just jumped to the homescreen so I thought I had to reboot to get the Cydia icon but then it got fucked. Im going to try it again in a minute.

OK so my windows 7 laptop is looking like its about to die. I'm considering getting an iMac 27" but trying to justify the spending.

Are any of you guys iMac users? I really don't use my computer other than to download and browse the net so is it maybe a bit excessive to spend almost £1300 on an iMac.

My alternative is to buy an iPad and then maybe one of those all-in-one desktops (possibly a dell) which will cost about the same as the imac. But obviously that would mean going back to windows on the dell.

Any suggestions???

Uh oh. Quite a lot of people are reporting that there are some major side effects to this jailbreak especially for iPhone 4 users. MMS option and FaceTime seem to have disappeared and also carrier information on some devices.

looks like i can finally upgrade to iOS4 then

If i upgrade will i lose all the stuff on my phone though?

OK so my windows 7 laptop is looking like its about to die. I'm considering getting an iMac 27" but trying to justify the spending.

Are any of you guys iMac users? I really don't use my computer other than to download and browse the net so is it maybe a bit excessive to spend almost £1300 on an iMac.

My alternative is to buy an iPad and then maybe one of those all-in-one desktops (possibly a dell) which will cost about the same as the imac. But obviously that would mean going back to windows on the dell.

Any suggestions???

I had a 24" iMac and they are superb. I am a web designer, so need the extra grunt, but even I found the iMac excessive for what I needed.

If I were you and you have that sort of money, then I'd get a Mac Mini (with as much RAM as you can) - around £650 and an iPad - £500.

Perfect!

I had a 24" iMac and they are superb. I am a web designer, so need the extra grunt, but even I found the iMac excessive for what I needed.

If I were you and you have that sort of money, then I'd get a Mac Mini (with as much RAM as you can) - around £650 and an iPad - £500.

Perfect!

I did consider that but then the mac mini doesn't come with a screen does it?

Back
Top Bottom