The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

The other cases being offered will probably be better than those rubbish bumpers!

I think the whole issue should be put to bed now. If you believe what Apple say, a large majority of smartphones have the same issue - it's just been massively exaggerated with the iPhone.

Free case / refund and a software fix to solve it, what else can they do?

Glad to hear they acknowledged the proximity sensor issue and that it seems fixable with a software update.

You won't get a refund because they are not giving out free bumpers they are giving out free cases

A free case for every iPhone 4 buyer. If you got one, we’ll give you a refund.

We’re going to send you a free case. We can’t make enough bumpers. No way we can make enough in the quarter. So we’re going to source some cases and give you a choice.

And if you’re not happy, you can bring the phone back. We’ll give you a full refund within 30 days. No restocking fee. We want to make everyone happy, and if we can’t make you happy we’ll give you a full refund.

It hasn't said that on these iPhone websites

Just free case's nothing else

edit: One site says the equivalent ones will be £25 like the bumpers anyway

Last edited:
If you actually read the link Dags posted then you'd know one guy has been into Regent Street apple store and already got a refund on a bumper ;)).

I would go for the 13". The screen is perfectly fine for normal use (browsing, movies etc) and the only reason to go 15" IMO is if you're either going to use it for Photoshop-ish stuff where the larger screen is needed or if you're not really going to use it as a portable computer.

Big enough for watching movies etc?

I have a 13" and it's perfectly fine for movies! I lay on my couch and watch. It's fantastic for movies/games. Unfortunately I regret getting a 13' because I'm on photoshop whenever I'm on my Macbook.

My 13' is great for 720 movies. All my shows are in 720p, which looks very sharp (but all Apple monitors are very sharp). I think the main difference is mobility and maybe graphics card for gaming.

Don't care about gaming, just fear 13' might still be too small. Will need to check both of 'em out.

invisibleshield sort of sucks, applied it to my 4 few hours ago and can not see how the bubbles are supposed to go away within 24 hours?

i was much much happier with powersupport anti glare, way easier to apply and it looked a lot better, too bad the iphone 4 version is not out yet

how long did it take to settle down?

i've got the front covered btw, nothing on the back

currently "cleaning" up my 3gs and then merge all data over to the 4. :)

still very happy with the device, the feel is so much better than the plastic-y 3gs

I only applied it on the back, since that's the most fragile bit. I sprayed loads of the included liquid and put it straight after unboxing the phone. Within 15 minutes it was flat and settled - and I squeezed out any bubbles or liuqid.

I took my invisiShield off. Looks much better without it on.

My front one's peeling off, will reapply soon. My in car charger with the aux lead attached to it, stopped working tonight, anyone know of any decent replacements?

i just played around with it, the speed in some apps compared to the 3gs is incredible. camera shutter time - WOW!

i'm in love :D

@ OPM - the bubbles will eventually wear off after a day or two. All of you with iPhone 4's are making me jealous though, I'm in love with the design of it.

When I went to bed my iPhone battery was at around 55%. I wake up and its on 13%!

Really weird - first time its done anything like that. Hopefully its just a one off, but I can't see what would have drained it so quickly?

It normally loses no more than about 5 - 10% in a night.

You weren't running something that uses location services in multitasking were you?

I applied my invisibleSHIELD nearly 7 months ago onto my iPod Touch, and it's not peeling off and you can hardly see it - I had to take off the bit that goes over the back and sides because the corners starting coming off but tbh you only really need the screen protection.

However, they do exaggerate the strength of the material... I tried cutting the piece i took off the back with a sharp knife and it was fairly easy to cut through... Realistically this isn't going to happen to your iPhone though :LOL:, I just wanted to test how strong the stuff actually is.

i think it is reflecting too much - i am used to the anti glare, i can see everything in bright sunlight without any reflection.

speaking of it, i found another 3gs anti glare around, guess there were 2 in the package. how different ist the size of the 4 screen to the 3gs? i do not mind covering up the front camera as i will never use it, but if there is too much of a blank border etc. i am not even going to try to apply it.

When i got my 3G the guy put a anti glare protector on it and it was awful outdoors as all that you saw was reflections off it making it very very hard to see anything on the screen

Stick with the normal ones i aint had any problems at all with mine except when putting on a case sometimes it catches the edges and a bubble appears, but all i do is get a credit card to smooth it down again

Back
Top Bottom