The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Apparently the front of the invisisheild is like orange peel, so I'm going to probably just use the back and sides.

I told people about this in here before with the invisishields

I got a cheap one off eBay (£3) and its brilliant, its called Z Life

I told people about this in here before with the invisishields

I got a cheap one off eBay (£3) and its brilliant, its called Z Life

That's the same one I'm using. The only problem with these invisible shields is that they look better on the black model as my white 3GS is starting to look grubby around the edges and I've only had it a few weeks.

iOS 4.1 is now available for developers. The main feature seems to be the inclusion of Game Centre but lets hope Apple have resolved the reception issue.

Lads, help me decide between the 13' and the 15' Macbook Pro. The price difference is pretty significant, so I really need to make the decision carefully.

13' inch the extra portability, plus the cheaper price. I could even keep my desktop at home, but then, when I go to college, I'll be using just the MBP, and I'm not sure if the screen size is big enough to enjoy the occasional movies, or TV shows there.

15' is bulkier, but much more expensive (though much more powerful). Buying it would probably mean I sell off my desktop to cover the price difference. I could still use my LCD as a screen to match movies etc at home, and then it would be decent enough as a screen when I go to college.

What makes more sense?

I would go for the 13". The screen is perfectly fine for normal use (browsing, movies etc) and the only reason to go 15" IMO is if you're either going to use it for Photoshop-ish stuff where the larger screen is needed or if you're not really going to use it as a portable computer.

I moved from a 15" to 13". I feel the portability is so much easier. Speed wise its awesome too. With student discount my 4gb ram, 500gb, 2.53ghz (at the time) came to exactly £1000 with 3 years Apple Care.

ps - IPHONE 4 HAS COME. But i'm at work :(

If your going to be taking it around like at college then the 13 inch MBP is the way to go.

The bars look really weird now :LOL:

Interesting that I now get Edge instead of GPRS in my front room, and a stronger signal showing.

More importantly, the bars don't seem to be dropping off when I pick up the phone! :SHOCK: (Although it does drop a bar down, still keeps four bars total).

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope, I'm still getting signal loss when I pick the phone up. Full strength 5-bars and it goes down to 1 bar when I hold the phone :ROLL:

No chance, Apple wont ever admit to such a mistake. Plus it would cost them BIG TIME. Won't happen.

Just picked up my phone. Quite impressed considering I only ordered it on Wednesday...

Just setting it up now, though no doubt I'll be asking numpty questions soon!

Went for the iphone 4, 32GB.
Haven't noticed any signal problems yet, which is good for a lefty :)

How are you getting on with yours?

I tried to get the dropped calls but it just doesnt happen. At times a bar or 2 go down but nothing wrong with calls! That means my phone is fine:D Loving it. The browsing is so much faster than my 3rd Gen iPod Touch.

Apparently Apple are giving out free bumpers starting next week!!!!

Back
Top Bottom