The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

seems like apple uk is now processing orders placed on the 21st of june, i ordered on the 23rd...damnit :)

Seems like a good deal, might want to make sure he's got an eBay account or something as well though? Only a 5 rating isn't great when you're sending £300, although he's been around since 2003.

Hope it works out good for you :TU:

Cheers Dags. I have 2 choices:

£340 for a 32gb 3GS thats got Warranty until March '11, or £300 for the same model without warranty. What do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
Is the warranty worth £40? I'm not sure that it is really. What would they cover it for anything?

I think its the complementary 1 year warranty that involves free repairs (not if u did it on purpose). It also means that the phone is newer so the battery wont be as worn out?

Just set up my email and everything it said I had 3 new ones so I opened it and looked. Then I closed it and the email app still has a 3 on it but when look again they have gone. How do I get rid of it.

I had that Jay. I fixed it by deleting the Mail account. Turning the iPhone off, turning it back on and adding the mail account again.

There should be a way to rate iPhone apps within apps themselves or from your apps section, rather than manually searching for each app.

It's quite good that I can download all the paid apps and games I had on my old iPhone for free for this one :TU:.

Cheers Dags. I have 2 choices:

£340 for a 32gb 3GS thats got Warranty until March '11, or £300 for the same model without warranty. What do you guys suggest?

If you get the one with the warranty you can buy a extra year on ebay for £25

That's what i did so by the end it will have been covered for 2 years and if i see a event a hint of the battery draining quickly its being sent in or even if i get dust under the screen again :LOL:

Cool, cheers Coopz! I've placed a bid for another one too though, without warranty. £290 for a near mint condition one!

Last edited:
My phones are always mint condition. My iPhone 4 certainly will be with the bumper and invisiShield on it.

My phones are always mint condition. My iPhone 4 certainly will be with the bumper and invisiShield on it.

Nope, your 3GS had scratches on the Apple logo and slight marks on the chrome as well ;)

Just bought this:

Griffin Aircurve 6261-AIRCRVC Accoustic Amplifier for iPhone: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410dyVlOZ2L.@@AMEPARAM@@410dyVlOZ2L

Works really well and amplifies the sound out a lot better than the iPhone speaker.

Even so, fair play to anyone who can keep their iPhone in a decent condition for longer than 12 months.

I guess they're providing pictures though?

Have had mine for 9 months now using invisible shield and when I remove the invisible shield (which I did a month ago to put on a new one) it looked brand new!

Fring for iPhone has been updated and now supports video calling via the iPhone 4's front facing camera and it works over 3G! You can now video talk to all your Skype, AIM, MSN, GoogleTalk and Yahoo friends.

Video calling has to be the worst thing on any phone

Who the fuck uses it?

I have been using it extensively since I have had my iPhone 4. I ring my family and get to see my niece and her reaction is brilliant! I have always loved video calling and I use Skype with over 50 of my friends so the ability to video call them on my phone now and on the move with 3G is a big benefit to me.

Back
Top Bottom