The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Ordered the black bumper from Apple. Was hoping to get a green one. Oh well at least its free.

anybody else feels the dock for the 4 is quite a bit wobbly and "cheapish" compared to the 3gs dock? especially considering how it holds the phone in place

not 100% happy there

apple-ipad-review.jpg

any idea where i could possibly find this WP for use on the iphone?

Should hopefully get my free case this week - got this mail last night:

We are pleased to advise you that your Apple Store order WR0000xxxxx has been dispatched by mail and will be delivered to your shipping address.

The expected postal time for your order is 3 business days. This is an estimated lead time only and may vary slightly. As your order is being delivered by post there is no tracking available.

Opted for the Apple bumper. Didn't really like the look of the others.

Shame you can't choose a colour though...

Wow, just checked my banking online and apple have automatically given me a £25 refund for the bumper that I bought!

Hey guys, if I jailbreak my iPhone 4 (when its possible), will that void my warranty? If I just restored my phone would the warranty be back? The only reason I want to jailbreak is so that I can unlock it to use in Italy.

"Along with the announcement of new Mac Pros and iMacs came the news of the Magic Trackpad, a much needed component from Apple. The Bluetooth-enabled pad serves as a jumbo sized version of the teeny trackpad found on MacBooks. Its comes in around the same size as an external keyboard yet obviously not as long. Retail is set at only $69 USD, boasting all the same touch features currently implemented onto the latest trackpads from Apple."

since i prematurely ordered a bumper instead of checking my other options i cashed out on a speck hd case, think it looks pretty cool and should protect the device really good combined with a front cover

Did you get October estimated delivery as well? I doubt I'll even use the thing but felt obliged to go for a freebie.

for the speck hd? i got it of the only retailer having it in stock on ebay uk. 800k or something reviews so seems legit, hope they ship fast.

now i'm looking into power support anti glare on ebay us, 1 retailer stocking it with slightly less shocking delivery fees then the official store (how can you cheapest shipping option for a little, letter sized piece of paper and plastic be 28$, 50$ for usps express, 80!!!$ for ups??), still 30$ for express shipping which would add up to 60$ for a pack of stupid cover up foils. still consider doing it as they are so class i hate to actually touch my phone with the zagg one installed...:(
anybody wants to maybe share an order and split shipping?

Last edited:
I removed my front screen invisishield. I've kept the back and sides. I've owned 2 iPod touches and have NEVER scratched the front, so I'm going to keep it like this. With the side invishield stickers, my iPhone never drops a single bar anymore. So I doubt i'll even use the bumper when it comes.

^ i understand that the oleophobic film is what scratches readily. it was introduced on the iPhone3GS first. probably why my 3G screen is still mint without a screen protector. i don't think the Touches had it either.

i'm still debating on wether to get a screen protector for my two day old iP4. i look at the two floor models at my local at&t store, amazed at how well they've held up after weeks of handling and 'abuse' by the public. the workers tell me they have never been changed out, nor do they have screen protectors on :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
"Along with the announcement of new Mac Pros and iMacs came the news of the Magic Trackpad, a much needed component from Apple. The Bluetooth-enabled pad serves as a jumbo sized version of the teeny trackpad found on MacBooks. Its comes in around the same size as an external keyboard yet obviously not as long. Retail is set at only $69 USD, boasting all the same touch features currently implemented onto the latest trackpads from Apple."

Ordered the trackpad yesterday as soon as I saw it!

The trackpad on my macbook pro is beautiful, so if its the same as that then I'd be well happy. And its the same size and shape as my aluminium keyboard, so it will look the bollocks side by side.

Just hoping now it actually holds up as a device I can use daily - as a web designer, I rely heavily on the mouse, though its starting to give me really painful RSI in my wrists, so hoping this will help.

Should get it tomorrow according to the shipping estimate.

trackpad27jul2010.jpg

Back
Top Bottom