The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Thanks for the advice but like I've said I'm coming from a laptop so I don't have the extra accessories like mouse keyboard and monitor. I understand these can be bought for cheap but the difference between buying a mac mini with the other components and a 21" iMac instead (which also comes with a magic mouse and wireless keyboard) i think i can justify that spending.

Anyone had experience with the Apple Refurb store?

My uncle has bought a Macbook Air and a Macbook Pro off the refurb before. The people in-store said that most of the time they are returned bulk orders from corporations that are completely unused - all they miss is the original packaging. If you have any friends that are university students, or have access to a university network, you can get something like 15% off any Mac, including £50 for Apple Care instead of the usual £100-something.

I aint messing around with my iPhone 4 just yet. I hate the whole restore process when things go wrong.
And besides that, are there any good apps and stuff that I'm missing out on anyway? My iPhone 3g was jailbroken and the only thing that it was useful for was getting itunes apps without having to pay for them.

If you sync it before you jailbreak and make sure it backs up your iPhone (iTunes will automatically unless you've turned it off) then just update to iOS4 and your iPhone will be as you left it :)

You will of course lose all of your jailbroken apps. However, if you install Rock from Cydia and register with them, you can backup a list of what apps you have installed meaning when you reinstall Rock after you've updated, you can automatically reinstall all of what you had before.

Some jailbreak apps aren't working with iOS 4 yet. Most notably Safari Download Manager and MxTube.

FaceTime over 3G - done. Will push update to My3G here in the hour. Repo issues are just from EVERYONE hitting our servers. Working on it.

From the ModMyI Twitter :) killer reason to jailbreak on iPhone 4 IMO.

Hmm did the jailbreak now winterboard won't install... :S

EDIT: Working beautifully!

Last edited:
Thing is the modmyi website is running slow because of it :lol: I need a decent theme suitable for iOS4 as well.

If your using an iPhone 4, you may be waiting for a while as most themes won't have updated their iconsets to the retina display resolution.

Suave HD is one of them but the only one I know of currently.

Tried FaceTime over 3G earlier. Worked perfectly! :)

SBsettings works by swiping your finger across the top where the time is mate.

Mine updated and jailbroke fine and it kept all my stuff :)

The only problems i have though is there is no Books icon anywhere and multitasking is fucking awful but im sure there will be a fix on cydia to disable it so a can use a proper tool like backgrounder

Back
Top Bottom