The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Got my full body (front and back) invisiShield today in the post. Just applied it, looks good :TU:.

Anyone reckon this phone is worth tying down a 24 month contract for?
I've never had a contract this long and I can see atleast one other iPhone coming out during that time. And the contract I'm looking to get can save me £100 on the handset by switching from 18 months to 24 months.

This 24 month contract with Orange gets me about 600 minutes and unlimited texts. What my sister suggested is I get the contract, and when anything new comes out that you fancy getting, get it on PAYG on Orange and then stick your 24 month SIM into it.
Bad idea?

Better idea to save up money and buy a PAYG phone now, then do a monthly tariff which works out much cheaper and no commitment for 2 years IMO.

Better idea to save up money and buy a PAYG phone now, then do a monthly tariff which works out much cheaper and no commitment for 2 years IMO.

I guess that depends on what SIM only tariff you go with.
There are two contracts that I'm currently considering for a 32gb handset.

The first one is 18 month x £35 + £319 handset = £949 in total.
With this you get 600 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited internet.

The second one is 24 month x £35 + £219 handset = £1,059 in total.
With this you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

If I go with the PAYG handset option with a SIM only tariff, I pay £570 for the 32gb handset + £25 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. I guess the good thing about this is that I'm not tied down for 18 months and I can quit whenever I like seeing how it's only a 1 month contract. But if I work out how much it'll cost over 18 months, that's 18 months x £25 + £570 = £1,020.
Main problem with this is that Orange say they dont have SIM only contracts in micro SIM form just yet, and secondly, I'd have to fork out £570 up front for a phone that I can basically finance with a standard contract like the two above. I guess another way of looking at it is, if I get a SIM only contract and only keep it for 12 months, that's only 12 months x £25 + £570 = £870.

Anyone with an iPad and fed up waiting for their favourite iPhone app to be given the iPad treatment???

Download FullForce from cydia (free) and then set it up in 'settings'. It works soooooooo much better than the crappy 2x button. I've just used it on mBox mail app and it is amazing!!

Anyone with an iPad and fed up waiting for their favourite iPhone app to be given the iPad treatment???

Download FullForce from cydia (free) and then set it up in 'settings'. It works soooooooo much better than the crappy 2x button. I've just used it on mBox mail app and it is amazing!!

Doesnt work on all apps (I'm led to believe) and some look better than others...

Yeah, you're correct. Tried a few more and it's hit and miss. Works beautifully on apps that are text based, and pretty badly after all on graphical apps... Still, mBox mail (for hotmail accounts) looks amazing using it...

This one was inaccurate but nice try lol.

Video chat works almost everywhere, u don't need 4g whilst the iphone 4 u need wifi :)

The EVO battery last normal and you can buy multiple batteries and swap it out whenever it dies. This one didn't make me laugh once but the other had me in tears of laughter.

Yeah, but your video was totally accurate.:BYE:

I guess that depends on what SIM only tariff you go with.
There are two contracts that I'm currently considering for a 32gb handset.

The first one is 18 month x £35 + £319 handset = £949 in total.
With this you get 600 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited internet.

The second one is 24 month x £35 + £219 handset = £1,059 in total.
With this you get 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet.

If I go with the PAYG handset option with a SIM only tariff, I pay £570 for the 32gb handset + £25 a month for 600 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. I guess the good thing about this is that I'm not tied down for 18 months and I can quit whenever I like seeing how it's only a 1 month contract. But if I work out how much it'll cost over 18 months, that's 18 months x £25 + £570 = £1,020.
Main problem with this is that Orange say they dont have SIM only contracts in micro SIM form just yet, and secondly, I'd have to fork out £570 up front for a phone that I can basically finance with a standard contract like the two above. I guess another way of looking at it is, if I get a SIM only contract and only keep it for 12 months, that's only 12 months x £25 + £570 = £870.

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/Is-it-the-end-for-mobile-contracts/ba-p/28072

GiffGaff are doing half-price Goody Bags during July! :SHOCK:

100 mins, unlimited texts and data for £5!

It was a cracking tariff anyway, this is crazy.

:FAIL:

Works perfectly for me...

Just found out that it is a bug of some sort and it does this in everything apart from quicktime unless you record the video in landscape then it will work properly in anything

Apple do things some half arsed ways

Alot of complaints coming in as well about iOS4 now

Especially the multitasking which isn't done properly and drains the battery

I may as well stick with 3.1.3 and get backgrounder which works as it should

Back
Top Bottom