The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

I got a zagg all over thing for my hero and I took it off the other day (had it on for a few months).

The screen protector is good. But the other stuff isn't very good imo. you can see the joiny bits and they collected bits from my pocket etc.

It was really fiddly to put on aswell.

i would advise getting the screen protector and a nice normal cover for the sides and back.

If this is truly widespread and as bad as people are making out (e.g. many people are reporting that they are not having the issue - also, people are saying that this has always been an issue, even with the 3G / 3GS though I must say I've never had a problem) then this is a big, big deal.

A mass recall could be on the cards?

Picking my iPhone 4 up in the next hour. Feeling quite anxious about it now

htc desire ftw ;)

A heads up for everyone you can get a extra year onto your iPhone warranty (Applecare) for £23 on ebay

Apple's response to the signal dropping? Buy an official bumper for an extra £25.

Convenient.

Buy a htc desire ;)

jokes aside my work mate walked right in the apple store in regents street and got one.

diddnt have to que as he knows the store manager.

Apple's response to the signal dropping? Buy an official bumper for an extra £25.

Convenient.

Thats bollocks for 2 reasons.

1 apparently having some sort of casing on the phone doesn't fix the issue.

2. If it actually does, then that is an absolute disgrace from apple. We invest so much money for premium products and this is the sort of thing I'd expect from any other company.

No way am I going to have a gay bit of rubber round my phone. Man, I'll be so angry if this is what apples answer is - it would certainly make me question future purchaes, especially day 1 products.

Thats bollocks for 2 reasons.

1 apparently having some sort of casing on the phone doesn't fix the issue.

2. If it actually does, then that is an absolute disgrace from apple. We invest so much money for premium products and this is the sort of thing I'd expect from any other company.

No way am I going to have a gay bit of rubber round my phone. Man, I'll be so angry if this is what apples answer is - it would certainly make me question future purchaes, especially day 1 products.

1. It does. All the posts I've read of people using a bumper are saying it's fine with a bumper, but drops the signal when taken off.

I actually quite like the bumper and I'd love one for the 3GS.

Yeah I like the bumper too. I wanna get one, but don't wanna pay £25 for one and then find apple are giving them away free!

Oh yeah, can you still get Facebook to use it's photos for your contacts? If so, how? Cheers.

1. It does. All the posts I've read of people using a bumper are saying it's fine with a bumper, but drops the signal when taken off.

I actually quite like the bumper and I'd love one for the 3GS.

The way apple have played this then means they surely must have known the issue existed and invented this new bumper with the implication of selling it as an accessory, but in fact is a fix to a hardware bug.

Does nobody else find this poor show? Cannot believe you'd like to have a superb looking device like the iphone 4 and have to put some rubber round it to make it work???

It's pretty shocking, definately a poor show. It's one of those things where you have to wonder how it wasn't picked up during testing though.

Surely the Apple people had test units for a while before they were sent to manufacture? Apparantly Microsoft staff have got the Windows 7 phones for their everyday phone and that's going to be good testing as it's in real world conditions. Surely Apple did the same?

This line sums it up:

As amazing as the rest of the phone is, for a mobile phone to lose a signal when you pick it up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, it does seem a bit dodgy now this signal issue has come out yes... But the bumpers themselves are pretty smart I think, and I was going to get one anyway. Protects the corners and edges of the phone from knocks and dents too.

Back
Top Bottom