The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

I pay £20 a month for my Simplicity contract, so a 16GB would be £349, which is pretty good considering I'd be paying £20 anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to my O2 contract ending. Doubt I'll go contract again, just find a decent provider on PAYG and leave me free to choose a phone.

Will get an IP4 (or latest equivalent!) next May, until them, I'm dead chuffed with the 3GS for now.

Did you get one sorted Dags?

Looking forward to my O2 contract ending. Doubt I'll go contract again, just find a decent provider on PAYG and leave me free to choose a phone.

Will get an IP4 (or latest equivalent!) next May, until them, I'm dead chuffed with the 3GS for now.

Did you get one sorted Dags?

Yep, buying Flawless's 16GB White 3GS off him, should be getting it on Friday and I can't wait :D

Although with Tesco offering the 4 for not too much more than what I've paid for Flawless's, I might be persuaded to go for the iPhone 4 soon enough.

Stef, I think I read about unsyncing your photos and then resynching them again?

http://nexus404.com/Blog/2010/06/22...lurry-images-issues-we-show-you-how-to-do-it/

Last edited by a moderator:
How much you buying it for Dags?

And a question for everyone, does O2 have good 3G coverage and is it strong? Also is this deal really unlimited internet or have they put a sly cap on it without telling anyone

Online simplicity 15
Sim only iPhone tariff
£15 a month
300 minutes & Unlimited texts
12 month contract
Unlimited data & Wi-Fi

£285 with 9 months left on the warranty and a dock.

O2 aren't too bad as far as coverage goes, although I can't get 3G in my work on O2 but Vodafone and Orange work fine.

O2 are changing their unlimited data to 500MB a month for new customers.

Not sure on that one mate, if you don't do any streaming then 500MB is plenty though.

I think I probably will go with Tesco now that I've worked out the numbers.

I'm buying Flawless's 16GB 3GS for £285 and I'm on a £20 a month tariff. That's £525 over the year.

If I sign up on Tesco's 16GB iPhone 4 at £20 a month, the phone will cost £349 and the yearly cost is £589.

So for an extra £64, I could have an iPhone 4 really.

Which is worse: the heartbreak of knowing you're not getting an iPhone 4 by launch day, or receiving one early but slightly defective? I'm going with the latter, myself.

Several folks who've received an iPhone 4 early are tipping us and reporting to Apple that the fancy, new Retina displays on their new iPhones are defective and showing odd, colored splotches near the bottom edges of the screen.

One report notes: "In the bottom 10% of the screen there are three blotches about the size of shirt buttons that discolor the screen a brown/yellow color." You can see a demonstration of that anomaly in the image to the right.

Seeing as there's quite a shortage of iPhone 4's right about now, if you're experiencing this issue and report it to Apple, it may be some time before you see a fresh, undamaged one in your hands. In fact, we're told Apple won't take tech support calls for the iPhone 4 until after its official release tomorrow.

After all these years, I've succombed to the temptation of buying my 1st Apple product... My current phone is an ugly N7370 borrowed from my brother so I needed some change.
I hope the iphone 4 is good, I should receive it on monday :D.

Which case is the best to protect this phone ?

Tuta, the official apple bumper cases are out in a couple of weeks. I'm getting one of those, plus the Zagg invisiShield full body protection.

Apparently the bumpers wont effect the signal issue. Read somewhere that someone has theirs in a silicon case and it does exactly the same thing when you touch the sides.

If this does turn out to be a hardware fault though and the bumper some how does fix it, I can see Apple shipping everyone a free bumper!

Who wants their beautiful (but non-functioning! :LOL:) phone encased in some strip of coloured rubber.

Could be a major Apple-fail on the horizon. For that reason...

...I'm out.

If this is truly widespread and as bad as people are making out (e.g. many people are reporting that they are not having the issue - also, people are saying that this has always been an issue, even with the 3G / 3GS though I must say I've never had a problem) then this is a big, big deal.

A mass recall could be on the cards?

Picking my iPhone 4 up in the next hour. Feeling quite anxious about it now

Thanks Tim. Is it hard to install the Zagg protection ? I'm pretty sure I don't have enough patience for this.

Oh dear! Mine's not arrived yet. But I'm just chilling out with a pizza watching the tennis, cricket and footy until it does :SMOKIN:.

Back
Top Bottom