The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Yeah, iOS4 is free for everyone. Been to one of the O2 shops in Bluewater and the guy confirmed people can pick up a free micro SIM card from tomorrow if they have proof of iPhone 4 preorder from apple. He also said if you're in the middle of a contract and want it transferred to the micro SIM, that O2 customer services would do it.

That's good it's just a pity Vodafone don't have a clue what's going on.

Downloading at the mo - have you got it yet? Probably looking forward to folders and obviously multitasking. 4x software zoom will be interesting too...

iBooks 1.1 is now out for iPhone on the App Store. It comes with full PDF support and a complimentary copy of Winnie The Pooh! Cant go wrong with Pooh! :)

I missed this one - the iPhone has an orientation lock now. Double tap Home, slide left and there are more controls, including the lock button...

Last edited by a moderator:
probably going to camp out thursday morning in front of the local t-mobile shop.

can't be arsed to wait until the 15th :p

Looks like iOS4 is causing a number of problems. People are having issues with photos going missing or being blurry now and it seems quite a few apps aren't working properly, with TomTom being one of them.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/21/poll-is-ios-4-causing-you-grief/

Also looks like some people will be getting their iPhone 4 on June 23rd instead.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/22/iphone-4-arriving-one-day-early-on-june-23rd/

Always the way with new updates. I think some Apps need to be updated to be iOS4 compatible. Not really Apples fault as they have had the Dev kits and new APIs out for some time.

probably going to camp out thursday morning in front of the local t-mobile shop.

can't be arsed to wait until the 15th :p

Thats what im going to do but with the Apple Store in my local shopping centre. Thankfully I wont have to wake up too early to queue up as the shopping centre itself wont open until 7:30am and the Apple Store until 8am so all I have to do is run up the escalator as soon as the doors are opened and push everyone out of the way to the front of the queue. Plus I will have my vuvuzela there to annoy anyone who gets in my way!

I could have got 5 PS3 games for £20 yesterday

Your just jealous you dont get offered good deals :LOL:

Got it from the O2 shop in Bromley yesterday, just showed my proof of apple pre-order and then she went and got one. Got home and it took about 10 minutes to activate :)).

I was expecting one in the post but nothing has arrived yet. Went into the O2 shop in Nuneaton yesterday to get one for my brother but they said they only had enough to cover the stock of phones they had.

Apparently you get one with your phone anyway so I guess I'll just wait and see on Thursday if nothing turns up tommorow.

Apple has announced that over three million iPads have been sold around the world. The tablet went on sale 80 days ago in the US.

"People are loving iPad as it becomes a part of their daily lives," said Apple's Steve Jobs.

"We're working hard to get this magical product into the hands of even more people around the world, including those in nine more countries next month."

mickey20mouse20fantasia.jpg

Back
Top Bottom