The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Why is everyone going back to iPhone's now anyway?

Does the HTC not cut it? My mate hates his Desire but when i had a go it runs pretty smooth like my iPhone does

My N1 is great for everything apart from games, but the main draw of the iPhone has always been the games for me.

I love the N1 for what it does, but I didn't realise I'd miss playing the iPhone games so much. If I could get the iPhone games on the N1, I'd be well and truly happy.

O2 said:
Pre-ordered a sim free iPhone 4 from Apple and need an O2 micro sim? Get one in store from Monday. Don't forget to take in your Apple pre-order confirmation.
:))

Why is everyone going back to iPhone's now anyway?

Does the HTC not cut it? My mate hates his Desire but when i had a go it runs pretty smooth like my iPhone does

Desire is very fast - and faster with the new update apparently.

My reason for changing was 75% down to the keyboard on the Desire. Could not get on with it and I tried a few. Since getting the iPhone back, it just proved it for me - detects 99% of my presses, where I'd honestly say the Desire was about 50% - very frustrating. Pay the price for having fat fingers! :LOL:

The rest of the reason as Dags says, the Apps arent so good and I personally found the 'openess' of the Desire a distraction.

To be fair, it does some things better than the iPhone. The camera (and flash) are much better, Navigation built in was superb and I'll miss that and the widgets idea was nicely done once you set it up how you wanted.

It is a really good phone, but it will never 'be' an iPhone for me :)

I've actually been keeping an eye on that funnily enough :)

Last edited:
As far as I know you have to pay for major firmware upgrades on iPod Touch, with it being free on iPhone.

There doesn't seem like anything useful on iOS4 for me to consider paying for the upgrade, as well as the fact that it may take a while for a jailbreak to be made.

As far as I know you have to pay for major firmware upgrades on iPod Touch, with it being free on iPhone.

There doesn't seem like anything useful on iOS4 for me to consider paying for the upgrade, as well as the fact that it may take a while for a jailbreak to be made.

Its a free upgrade.

Yeah, iOS4 is free for everyone. Been to one of the O2 shops in Bluewater and the guy confirmed people can pick up a free micro SIM card from tomorrow if they have proof of iPhone 4 preorder from apple. He also said if you're in the middle of a contract and want it transferred to the micro SIM, that O2 customer services would do it.

I think he was being sarcastic lads.... of course it's free.

My friend has the Gold Master of it on his iPhone already jailbroken. It is a really nice interface and the additions are really useful. Getting it as soon as it's out.

I think he was being sarcastic lads.... of course it's free.

My friend has the Gold Master of it on his iPhone already jailbroken. It is a really nice interface and the additions are really useful. Getting it as soon as it's out.

I dont think he was being sarcastic lol!

iOS4 isn't out for iPad tommorow - it comes out later in the year.

And I imagine he wasn't being sarcastic cause this is the first major firmware update that will be universally free. Previously, iPod Touch users have had to pay.

iOS4 isn't out for iPad tommorow - it comes out later in the year.

And I imagine he wasn't being sarcastic cause this is the first major firmware update that will be universally free. Previously, iPod Touch users have had to pay.

Seriously you have to pay for firmware updates?! That's daylight robbery right there. I've never had to pay for any firmware updates for any hardware, including every iPod I've ever owned.

I can stay mad at Apple though... :SMUG:

I don't really follow all the news about the iPhone/iPod but I clearly remember there being controversy over a software update costing iPod users, but being free for iPhone users... I just assumed it'd be the same.

Everywhere says it is for iPad tomorrow too...

I very much doubt its true. At the OS 4 event they said it would be released in the Autumn for iPad, probably around September when they upgrade the iPod Touch again.

Prefer a 32GB but if a 16GB is available at a very good price, I could be persuaded ...

Multitasking sounds shit on this new firmware

I thought it would be like backgrounder where you can keep any app running but it isn't at all

Back
Top Bottom