The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Good stuff!! How you finding it?

It's 'magical'! lol. But seriously it's an absolutely wonderful device for web browsing, media, books etc. Websites look fantastic on it and the iWork suite is actually really good. I have been very critical over the iPad but after spending the last 7 hours on it and the battery only going down by 30% I'm very happy. However I may have to return it as I'm unsure whether I should keep it, sell my 3GS and downgrade to say a Palm Pixi Plus or return it and just get the iPhone 4.

In his hands I hope.

Right so who does the best sim for the new iphone? I don't have a clue what to do with it when I get it now.

I looked at reviews recently because my contract ends soon and Vodafone seems the best for 3G and stuff, for £20 you can get 600 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb internet

But T-mobile and Orange are merging on the 31st June so they might be a better option because you will be getting 2 carriers instead of 1 which means more coverage for everything

To be fair to T-Mobile when i rang them about leaving and my poor 3G coverage they told me what i said above and the 3G does seems better already. Its not gone off since and is alot quicker (it used to go off and i just got missed calls saying someone rang) so they must be slowly merging before the 31st

I might even stay with them now if they can match the Voda deal

I'm leaving Vodafone because I can't get 3G at home, I actually keep getting calls dropping because the signal is so poor, and 3G coverage isn't as good as O2's in my experience.

I'm leaving Vodafone because I can't get 3G at home, I actually keep getting calls dropping because the signal is so poor, and 3G coverage isn't as good as O2's in my experience.

Mine was the same on T-Mobile as i said but people who are on Vodafone are fine here and at another mates house which nobody can get any signal at all in

Its all down to location really and i guess Vodafone have better placed masts here, i aint had no problems with T-Mobile other than this 3G dropping and there customer service has always been very good

My missus is on T Mobile and she doesn't even get any signal downstairs in my house, whereas I'm on O2 and get full signal and HSDPA internet.

How do you know if you have HSDPA connection on the iPhone?

I just had a look and they say they only way to find out is speed tests

I looked at reviews recently because my contract ends soon and Vodafone seems the best for 3G and stuff, for £20 you can get 600 minutes, 3000 texts and 1gb internet

But T-mobile and Orange are merging on the 31st June so they might be a better option because you will be getting 2 carriers instead of 1 which means more coverage for everything

To be fair to T-Mobile when i rang them about leaving and my poor 3G coverage they told me what i said above and the 3G does seems better already. Its not gone off since and is alot quicker (it used to go off and i just got missed calls saying someone rang) so they must be slowly merging before the 31st

I might even stay with them now if they can match the Voda deal

The bloke from Virgin told my Mrs they are joining with Vodafone.

iPhone 4's selling for silly money on eBay!!! I might sell mine for about £900 and then buy one again a few weeks later!

OMG, the iPhone keyboard is just infinitely better than the Desire its not even funny. So nice to send messages and emails quickly and without frustration!

Went to meet the guy I brought it off last night as he was local and he had just got a Desire from his work and said he already hated it because of the keyboard.

Im going to return the iPad now and get the iPhone 4. I cant be arsed to go looking for a replacement for my 3GS and the iPad isn't exactly cheap. Plus I will have to wait until autumn for iOS 4 on it. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

What exactly is the situation regarding launch day stock at O2, The Carphone Warehouse stores etc. I know Apple have sold out of launch pre-orders and you wont get one from them now until the 14th of July but what about the high street retailers. Will they have some on the 24th. There is a Carphone Warehouse just around the corner from me so I don't mind waking up early next week if they might have some in.

Trying to get anything out of Vodafone about these micro sims is like trying to stop PB from buying shit.

I found out my contract isn't up until 28th of July. Dunno if they will give me a micro sim until then?

Back
Top Bottom