The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

I have just found the best app ever

Its called LogMeIn and you can access your PC from anywhere with your iPhone, i could even load up Poker Stars and play a online tournament from my phone :LOL:

Saying that if i wanted i bet i could load up a P2P program on the PC download a song then sync the phone to iTunes wirelessy...

This has just open up loads of options in my head, if i wanted to watch UFC on the go or at someones house i could convert the file on the PC through my phone then sync it to itunes as well :LOL:

Hmm, looks like you can only reserve and pick up 8GB iPhone 4's. 32GB ones available from the apple website though and they say it will be delivered on the 24th :TU:.

I saw an iPad for the first time earlier, smaller than I expected but very impressed with the look and how it all feels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely that's without warranty though?? :CONFUSE:. Mulling over £280 for a Black 3GS 16GB with 4 months warranty left.

If you know of a place for cheaper ones, send it my way fella!

Mine was the same price and has the same warranty left i think and i'm very glad i was recommend to get a 3GS

I might go back to the 3GS to be able to play some games again, Android really does need to increase it's gaming library and quickly.

Cannot say enough good stuff about the iPad, it's ridiculously sublime. Yes, it's overpriced, but you get what you pay for.

I reckon you will give in dags, just like you'd never go back to iPhone, yet a quick glance at the avf classifieds... :LOL:

Cannot say enough good stuff about the iPad, it's ridiculously sublime. Yes, it's overpriced, but you get what you pay for.

I reckon you will give in dags, just like you'd never go back to iPhone, yet a quick glance at the avf classifieds... :LOL:

Not for £500 I wont be.

£200 and I'd consider it.

Maybe in 6 months or so if they drop in price I might get one. But not at the moment. Jay is right :LOL:.

What I meant was, i personally think it's worth what I paid for it. Do you honestly think it's only worth £200?

Yep, because I can get more functionality from an iPhone. The only advantage I can see over an iPhone is the bigger screen, but then you lose features the iPhone has.

I can't see it dropping in price either, in which case I wont end up getting one.

wanted an android phone so badly but damn the prices for just upgrading my contract are tempting...good choise on waiting there. guess it's going to be another iphone after all..

Yep, because I can get more functionality from an iPhone. The only advantage I can see over an iPhone is the bigger screen, but then you lose features the iPhone has.

I can't see it dropping in price either, in which case I wont end up getting one.

Really are different devices though Dags - perhaps Apple dropped the ball making them so similar looking.

Its like saying you wont buy a TV because the iPhone has more functionality - or you wont buy a laptop because the iPhone has more functionality!

The difference in screen size IS what makes them so different. The iPhone is a phone, the iPad is a tablet computer - no doubt. You have so many more options for gaming, entertainment and work on an iPad than the small screen of the iPhone.

Theres definitely room for both (hence me wanting to go back to an iPhone).

I know most of you wont be converted and £500 is a lot of money to pay out, but I hope you might consider an iPad the next time you look to change a laptop or are after something different! :)

I'm sure when iPad2 is announced, then these will drop to around £300.

Back
Top Bottom