The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

3G, not the 3GS? You'd be better getting a contract with the 3GS instead, it's just much faster than the 3G is.

ok cool, got a one off cost of £89 from o2 with a £40 contract. Not to bad i think, might look into that.

i'll just have to sell off my old iphone or bump it to one of thse mobile recycling places!.

one thing i did spot, which this may be me just being stupid..."Unlimited Wi-Fi is available at any of the 7,500 Wi-Fi hotspots from our partners The Cloud and BT Openzone".

Now does this mean that i can only use wifi on a hotspot, or can i still connect at home on my own connection...sorry for being so stupid lol.

Btw if you purchase a late 3GS model and its still running on 3.1.2 you can still jailbreak it however it is classed as a "tethered jailbreak" meaning once jailbroken you must not turn off your iPhone otherwise it goes into recovery mode, meaning you have to run blackra1n to jailbreak again.

There is no jailbreak method for for the 3.1.3 on 3GS for these late gen models running 5.11.07 baseband.

Now I have a problem. Got a new iphone on insurance after breaking my other one. Jailbroke it as an tethered jailbreak however installing rock then installing several apps, Rock's disappeared from my iphone and I've tried running blackra1n again to get the blackra1n logo back on however no joy!

After installing Windows 7 on my main PC all my songs from iTunes are on my iPhone but not on my PC, I have even lost my apps.

Any suggestions on what to do?!

Your new found love of the iPhone coincides with my new found hatred for it

250-280 seems to be the going price on most sites, its still holding its value

Cheers CW

I bought it for £150 so got a good deal in the end :)

All i need now is some Iphone users to tell me some of these "must have" apps

Even novelty ones that are useless like the flute thing that you can show to people

Coops - my faves are:

Groove - (more features than the standard iPod player - like 3 of a kind).
NatWest
FaceBook
LiveScore (very quick football score app)
Sky Sports News
Tesco Clubcard (just to show off when you're shopping)
Sky + (to record when "on the move")
IGN (for game review look-ups)

And then check out TV Catchup which you get via the browser - it allows you to watch the majority of the Freeview channels streamed. You can add a link to your favourite sites on the menus to make them look as though they are apps themselves.

Anyway, they're my main apps.

Enjoy.

Thanks ill give some a try

For some reason TV Catchup wont work on mine

It works through the Iphone page with about 10 channels but the main site won't load up the channels meaning no SSN :(

Thanks ill give some a try

For some reason TV Catchup wont work on mine

It works through the Iphone page with about 10 channels but the main site won't load up the channels meaning no SSN :(

Firewall issue perhaps?

If you still have an issue on 3G then ignore that :FAIL:

I've only tried it on 3G

On flash sites and TV Catchup i get a play icon with a line through it but my mate gets it working with no probelm

Anyone know what the crack is when connecting an iPod to more than 1 computer ?

At the moment I have only ever plugged it into 1 at home and I hear if I connect it anywhere else, everything on my iPod will be deleted?

Cheers

Anyone know what the crack is when connecting an iPod to more than 1 computer ?

At the moment I have only ever plugged it into 1 at home and I hear if I connect it anywhere else, everything on my iPod will be deleted?

Cheers

I think so mate.

I just tried to sync my phone to my home PC and it wanted to replace all music on the device which I don't want to do.

Back
Top Bottom