The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

If the US prices are brought over to the uk, then I can see people getting them.

Ebook readers on their own are very expensive and the cheaper version could be nearly the cost of a ebook reader but do alot more.

Also if the price is reasonable, then it could also be a fancy sort of netbook.

But that is only if the price is good over here. but as someone said earlier, we will probably get shafted.

My point is, if it is cheap enough then it is a good product. but price will be crucial with this device over here IMO.

What a waste of time. No multitasking, no Adobe Flash 10.1 support, no front or rear cameras, no storage card support.

He mentioned in the press conference that its trying to bridge the gap between smartphone and laptop. No it isnt! And he said that netbooks have failed?! Where have they falied?! They were never made to be the bridging gap between a phone and computer. A netbook is just a more smaller, portable laptop. This does not in any way beat a netbook.

Its just a very big iPhone with a slightly improved OS and added ebook, office support. I was waiting for this announcement before I purchased my Macbook. It sure hasnt changed what im going to buy. Fingers crossed the new iPhone announcement in the Summer will be spectacular!

just tried the ustream app, pretty impressive. awesome to have your friends or whoever you want live with you at any time, any point.

i agree with the consesus, that this first iteration of iPad is not worth purchasing.
but it is typical Apple to set the bar early, and there is alot of potential for it. i'm sure we'll see Google come up with a tablet now, it's inevitable; but it won't be 3 years later like the nexus one to the iPhone.

anyways, for me it needs front/back cameras and html5 support, at least. it would definately get me to start reading books again. lol.

I thought it was supposed to be an alternative to the Kindle (with the large screen it looks ideal for reading ebooks) with all these other features tagged on. Personally, I think it looks quite good. Although, I'd be happier if it was running full Leopard instead of an adapted iPhone/Leopard OS.

Here's a vid with some of the features:

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/10/01/27/hands_on_with_apples_ipad_with_videos_and_photos.html

I don't think the keynote address did the product much justice in terms of being an eBook reader. The iBooks application looks brilliant. I was considering getting a Kindle, but I may pay the difference and get one.

Last edited:
Damn it! I have succumbed to purchasing a brand new iPhone 3GS 32GB! So now I have gone from my original iPhone 3GS 16GB to a Blackberry Curve 8900, then a Nokia N900, then a Palm Pre, then a Nexus One and now back to an iPhone 3GS again! And on top of that my MacBook arrives on Thursday. Damn you Apple!

I thought you really liked the N1?

I DO! The screen is just fantastic and you really notice the difference in size and the quality of an AMOLED. But I got the 3GS brand new for only £440 which was a bargain. So I took it and after jailbreaking it earlier all of those apps and games are just too tempting. Looks like I will be saying bye to my Nexus One.

Btw If you upgrade to 3.1.3 you will lose all jailbreak features and apparently Dev & Geobot are not trying to find a fix for this as they'll wait for the upcoming 4.0 OS

can anyone on Orange with an iPhone confirm that they dont brand it in anyway? E.g. they cant install the annoying firmaware that you usually cant get rid of.

time for an upgrade soon and am thinking about maybe going for the iPhone.

Tunein Radio is awesome, especially good for listening to US stations like Hot 97 where they play some proper rap and hiphop, not the chart stuff like gets played on stations here :D

I really wish that that there was an option to wirelessly sync your iPhone. I must miss so many good podcasts because I just don't sync that often. However, its connected to my wireless network everyday. Surely it couldn't be that difficult to implement?

ok, i have a dilemma....

I currently own a PAYG 2nd gen Iphone which i bought from ebay preowned.

Dont have access to net on this except when at home to connect to wifi so its limited.

Now theres nothing wrong with it, i just feel like the battery is running out quite quickly and im sure this is probs due to previous owner using phone aswell.

Now im thinking of getting a 3g on o2 contract for £40 which would give me free texts and internet, i personally cant decide wether to or not. I need help!!!.

Can someone suggest anything at all???.

Back
Top Bottom