The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

I've just noticed that I've got apps/games on my phone which aren't showing on my springboard or in any of the Categories windows. If I go into the Categories settings, they show up there though.
I had this too, I removed the apps that weren't appearing in the groups from their groups, then did a respring, they should then appear on your main springboard. Then I went back into Categories and added them back to the groups and did a respring, they then came up in there :).

I'd drop your contract down to a £20 iPhone Simplicity deal and hang on. Far easier in my opinion :)

My iPhone contract is a complete rip off, I will admit that :((. I'm now thinking of going for an HTC HD2 instead as it's a miles better tariff, and I guess I fancy a change from the iPhone after about 3 years of having one...

If you're changing from iPhone then go for a Nexus One or wait for the HTC Bravo phone due out soon.

I don't think I'll keep Categories. I've noticed that some games crash when loaded in Categories as well, fine on the springboard. Add that to icons going missing (I've just noticed I had loads of games on my phone that weren't showing) and I'd rather just swipe screens anyway I think :)

I don't think I'll keep Categories. I've noticed that some games crash when loaded in Categories as well, fine on the springboard. Add that to icons going missing (I've just noticed I had loads of games on my phone that weren't showing) and I'd rather just swipe screens anyway I think :)
Remember there's an 11 page limit on the springboard, once you go past that any new apps can only be accessed via searching.

Remember there's an 11 page limit on the springboard, once you go past that any new apps can only be accessed via searching.

Cheers. I haven't got anywhere near that many apps, 5 and a bit pages at the moment and even then there's games that I haven't really played so I could probably delete.

creating a playlist inside a ipod touch

hi, As the title says in this thread, how can i do so without having to go home, connect my ipod into itunes and doing it from their?

i want to create a playlist from within the ipod touch itself but cant find out how to.
Say if i want to make a dance playlist and a slow jam playlist. How can i do that on the ipod touch?

The itunes can do it but to my amazement i cannot ****ing edit the playlist inside my ipod touch.

This morning i created a new playlist and bung in a few songs in their. on the way to work i wanted to add a few more songs and nope no joy.

I am begining to hate itunes and the wya it does things. ****ing **** if you ask me.

surely they cant expect people to walk around with a laptop so they can update their playlists!

edit: on that on the go playlist, it worked last night but as SOON as i created a few new playlists via itunes, that previous on the go list got renamed on its own to "on the go 1" and of course couldnt add or delete tracks off it from the ipod!

On my old ipod you just keep your finger pressed down on the song you want and it will go into a play list?

It's the way the iPods have always been - only the on the go playlist can be added to on the iPod itself and as Jonney said even this is saved out as its own playlist when you next sync to iTunes.

The only other way is to use smart playlists. For example, if you create one that contains any song with a rating of 5, giving a song on your iPod a rating of 5 will then result in it cropping up in that smart playlist from that point. (I think anyway, not used them for a while)

Welcome to the world of Apple. Shiny, well-made and not as open as you'd like.

I realised today that you can't receive files over Bluetooth on the iPhone. Pretty annoying restriction, also the same on the HTC Magic phone that my boss uses.

You can with iBluetooth, it works a bit like AirSharing. Apparently, the only other thing you can do other than using the Apple bluetooth headset is connect to a Sony bluetooth stereo.

Cheers MJ.

BiteSMS gets my seal of approval. Just for the fact that you dont have to exit your application to reply to texts anymore :)

I've got to package up my 3G tonight and get it ready to be sent off tomorrow, when I should hopefully get the 3GS that Tim has sold me.

Is there anything I need to do with the 3G besides a factory reset? All of my apps and music are backed up with iTunes so that should be fine. How do I ensure my contacts are on my sim card and not the phone memory?

Sync your contacts with iTunes to Outlook or Windows Address Book, then when you sync with my phone they will move straight across :)).

You can with iBluetooth, it works a bit like AirSharing. Apparently, the only other thing you can do other than using the Apple bluetooth headset is connect to a Sony bluetooth stereo.

Any Idea where i can get ibluetooth for 3GS? Cheers

what is your battery like...

mine seems to be going down quick, i am not using it much really

i have just checked emails and replied to texts. i have 3g on and connected to wifi

seems i have to charge daily.

for some reason i have not got any usage listed, even though it showed fully charged

Back
Top Bottom