The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

You have the same model as me. I'm seriously still so impressed with it, after 3 months now. Its just so powerful and nice to look at. I've enabled all the mouse gestures and its just so useful and is clearly superior to any other track pad on the market.

Ed%20Hardy.jpg

fock me.

Bloody hell :SICK:

I recently got a iPod and the syncing is really starting to pee me off!

Basically I want to be in complete control of what music goes onto it so I checked the Manually manage music and videos box in iTunes. But on the other hand I still want my iTunes to count the play count of my iPod whenever I connect it but I beleive this is only available when music is automatic synced.

I wouldnt mind having my iPod being automatically synced by iTunes but I couldnt seem to find an easy way to add or delete whatever music that I wanted to be on my iPod. With the manual setting its just really easy to add and delete, I mean whats going off!

Anyone fancy suggesting a solution ?

Thanks in advance

It still adds playcounts and ratings when manually synching. I think it was older versions of iTunes that didn't do it.

Yeah, I had the same worry and looked on Google with people saying it wont sync if you use manual. But it seems they're using iTunes 7 or something, it seems to be fine when I connect my phone up.

I just use the only sync ticked songs / videos option. Then it's easy, tick it if you want it, don't if don't!

my mrs wants a new phone, she will end up buying something shit wasting £150, i would rather her put that towards something half decent like an iphone, as she has an old 4gb nano ipod she uses, so this would be an upgrade for that to

so i may suprise her with a new white iphone probably the 16gb 3gs, which is ample size for her as she has coped with a 4gb nano for years

what is the best value for money iphone, i could get a pay as you got for £450 but then she would have to top up a tenner a month probably

monthly ones seem very expensive and £18 month contracts, no 12 months

not sure what i am asking really lol

which is the best deal, are they just a rip off.. am i wasting my money
should i go pay as you go

?

cheers

I bought a 3G 8GB off eBay for £220, and I use an O2 Simplicity sim which costs me £20 a month and gives me 600 mins, 1200 texts, visual voicemail, web bolt-on and free wifi at The Cloud sites.

Only a monthly contract so if a better deal comes around, I can just give my months notice and go to a different company if I wanted.

i phoned my local O2 shop and they had no 16gb 3Gs left and had 32gb ones

i got there at 5:31 and they had closed i was other side of glass asking them to sell me one, he wouldn't

maybe a blessing in disguise as the 16gb one would probably be enough for her and would save me £100

so your happy enough with the 8gb 3G one?

i may just buy the 32gb one from O2 and be done with it

I bought a 3G 8GB off eBay for £220, and I use an O2 Simplicity sim which costs me £20 a month and gives me 600 mins, 1200 texts, visual voicemail, web bolt-on and free wifi at The Cloud sites.

Only a monthly contract so if a better deal comes around, I can just give my months notice and go to a different company if I wanted.

They told me you can't use an O2 simplicity sim with the iphone the cheeky fucks. I'm on 12 months O2 simplicity 1600 texts, 800 mins and free internet...could I use it on an iphone?!

Yep, 8GB is fine. Obviously I'd like 16 or 32 but it's not a deal breaker. It's easy enough to transfer albums over when I get home, and 8GB obviously holds a lot of albums anyway.

For £220 for a 3G compared to some extortionate price for a 16, I'd rather have the 8GB.

They told me you can't use an O2 simplicity sim with the iphone the cheeky fucks. I'm on 12 months O2 simplicity 1600 texts, 800 mins and free internet...could I use it on an iphone?!

You need to go straight through to retentions, 2302 or something are the numbers you press? Tell them you want to go on the £20 Simplicity For iPhone deal and they'll put you on it. I don't think anybody else but Retentions will do it for you though, I haven't heard of anyone getting the deal from your normal Customer Services anyway.

But yeah, you can use any sim in an iPhone, not sure what they're on about :LOL:

You need to go straight through to retentions, 2302 or something are the numbers you press? Tell them you want to go on the £20 Simplicity For iPhone deal and they'll put you on it. I don't think anybody else but Retentions will do it for you though, I haven't heard of anyone getting the deal from your normal Customer Services anyway.

But yeah, you can use any sim in an iPhone, not sure what they're on about :LOL:

So I can use the sim card I have already then? I thought I'd be able to, but they said not...shouldn't be a problem?

So I can use the sim card I have already then? I thought I'd be able to, but they said not...shouldn't be a problem?

I can't see why it wouldn't work. Is there nobody you know with an iPhone that you can try it with?

You don't even know who Hall & Oates are, your music knowledge is as good as your football knowledge it seems ;)

Just checked the play count/manual sync and it works fine. Just connect your phone/iPod to iTunes, and go to your device main screen. On the bottom right, click "Sync" and it'll backup your phone and then sync. If you check your music on the device, the playcount should have updated as well.

i have an album on itunes which has 3 cd's and every track is named

track 1
track 2 etc

itunes won't find the track names, what is the easiest way to sort this?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom