The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Nag. Gestures are great for the iPhone and work much better than other phones but I'd hate using gestures when I can use an actual mouse instead.

Ordered the Magic Mouse the night it was released. Its actually excellent Dags, the gestures for scrolling work well and its a joy to not have a wheel or ball to get clogged up with shit.

The 2-fingered swipe is also very good and there is 3rd party software to allow other gestures like 'pinch-to-zoom' etc

I'd highly recommend it Timmy!

Ordered the Magic Mouse the night it was released. Its actually excellent Dags, the gestures for scrolling work well and its a joy to not have a wheel or ball to get clogged up with shit.

The 2-fingered swipe is also very good and there is 3rd party software to allow other gestures like 'pinch-to-zoom' etc

I'd highly recommend it Timmy!

Wheel or ball? You've never used an optical mouse? :CONFUSE:

He's talking about the scroll wheel that is on top of a mouse that can get gunked up. However, the previous model of Mighty Mouse had a scroll ball not wheel, which works the same as the wheel but used other directions for other functions.

Last edited:
Had a go with the Gruppled theme yesterday and created a new lockscreen for my phone, MUCH better than the stock screen!

19171_276968156040_574656040_4904928_1223220_n.jpg

I'd like a new lockscreen but most of the stuff on that Gruppled one would be pointless for me (it's an iPod) - I think it's stupid that you don't get any screenshots on Cydia of themes/icons/lockscreens etc.

Can you still double tap Home for music controls on edited lockscreens?

Not sure I'll keep the Gruppled setup as it's only a trial and then you have to pay for the app etc.

You do get screenshots of themes etc on Cydia by the way. When you click on a theme and Cydia loads the page up, let it load up for a few seconds more and scroll down. It looks like the page is done but if you wait a bit, some more options appear such as Screenshots.

$5 for LockInfo. I bought it so will be keeping it :TU:. Thanks for the info on FB Dags, sorted my LS now.

This is mine at the moment:

img0053g.png

Not done a lot - I made a background in Photoshop, got 5 icon dock and reflective dock.

need a new laptop. thinking about the 13" macbook pro or the macbook air. need something very portable.

what would you go for?

I replaced my 3 year old 15.4" MBP with a 13" MBP and I absolutely love it. It fits in most bags and is very powerful for its size. I got the 2.53ghz model with 4gb ram and its incredibly fast. I can run Windows 7 and Mac OSX simultaneously without problems. I also find the battery to be impressive... if I'm just using Pages and Safari (MS Word equivalent), the battery can last for up to 8 hours.

yeah i guess pure hardware-wise the mbp is the better deal at the moment, also considering the price.

+ the student discount makes it a fair bit cheaper...i really want to have one. :D

the 2.53 would be 1300€ for me, but i really want to add that awesome new mouse and maybe the remote

Got my brother the 15" 2.66 and 2 years Apple Care for £1360 :))At least the student discount isn't too bad at Apple.

man, i wish you were my brother!

coincidently, i've gone MBP also. my very first mac...
13" / 2.53Ghz / 4GB RAM / 250GB HDD
arrived yesterday. got it for $1319 including a $130 rebate, no tax and free shipping too :))

Back
Top Bottom