The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

MJ, could you forward that PM to me as well please, i'd like to know what some of the best apps are :).

Cheers :TU:.

Does AppCake still search websites as Install0us does? Apparantly Install0us and AppCake wont work together?

Got a problem with sound on my iPhone. For some reason, when I swipe to unlock my phone I don't get any sound like I used to. Putting my phone into sleep doesn't make the same click sound it did, and ringtones aren't working either.

But my iPod works and music plays fine.

Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, didn't realise there was a mute switch above the volume side controls :DOH:

Last edited by a moderator:
PFFF! Found an app that takes your Facebook contacts profile photos and adds them to your iPhone contacts but it's not available in the UK :ROLL:

Found FriendSync but that one isn't free, charging £1.19. Oh well.

2009-46.jpg

:))

That's just the lockscreen. It's called Gruppled. My main theme is still the Whitoken as I posted earlier.

i used to use that months ago.

have they fixed the issue where if the information expanded down too far, there was no way to scroll down to see it? that was the reason i gave it up...

If anyone here uses Last.fm and likes to scrobble their music, I can recommend Scrobbl from Cydia. It can update your Last.fm records on the fly using 3G/EDGE or it can queue them until it gets a connection.

Just tried it out and it works perfectly :D

Last.fm won't let me sign in. Even though I know my username and password are 100% correct. I've tried deleting the app and re downloading but still won't let me in :((.

If anyone here uses Last.fm and likes to scrobble their music, I can recommend Scrobbl from Cydia. It can update your Last.fm records on the fly using 3G/EDGE or it can queue them until it gets a connection.

Just tried it out and it works perfectly :D

Yeah I've been using this for a while now too and it works great

Having to pay each month to use it on the iPhone? No thanks.

I got my iPod Touch :).

Initially I had trouble with it and thought i'd fucked it up within 30 mins! I plugged it into the PC, ran the jailbreak and it all seemed to be going fine, then it said the jailbreak was completed so I unplugged it and closed Blackra1n. Then the screen telling me to connect it to iTunes came up on my iPod after rebooting, but when I plugged it into the PC it was coming up as an unknown device so iTunes wouldn't identify it so I couldn't do a restore... After a lot of worrying and searching on Google, with no real solutions found, I just decided to run the jailbreak again and it made my iPod boot up! :).

Every time I reboot the device the screen telling me to connect to iTunes comes up and I have to run the jailbreak, a bit of a pain, but I can live with that - I never planned on rebooting/switching it off much anyway. The only potential problem is if I go away on holiday and the charge dies on it by accident. Anyone else have this problem/know a way to fix it?

I've sorted it all out now I think, and it's very impressive... I have 9gb of music, about 5.5gb of apps and about 1gb of videos downloaded with MxTube :D.
I had too many apps to fit on the home screens! :LOL: I got Categories and made 4 folders for stuff, made a Coventry background in Photoshop and I think it looks nice now :) I tried applying the Whitoken theme that Tim got, but I must have done something wrong as it looked crap for me (icons not matching, text overlapping etc.) and i'm not going through the whole process of trying to get it again :P.

its called tethering that is causing all newer ipod/iphones to require it o be jailbroken again on a reboot.

Do you or anyone else know the best way to send apps and games to the ipod? i have downloaded some on my pc but dont know how to put them on the ipod touch

Jonney, are you honestly a programmer? Surely you can use Google or work out yourself how to transfer apps?

Back
Top Bottom