The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

well i have done it. i have bought a ipod touch a few hours ago. my wife persuaded me to get it now instead of waiting and waiting for no apparent reason.

Anyways im question is about jailbreaking it. is it easy to do? potentialy fuck up my ipod touch in the process? reversable?

easy as fuck. no way to fuck it up unless you drop a brick on it while breaking. yes, reversible. :)

Can anyone think of any reason to not get myself an iPod touch?

Very close to purchasing one, just want to hear any opinions against to avoid any buyers remorse!

That there are virtually no equally impressive all-in-one mp3 players. The gaming on it is soon going to rival the PSP and NDS, and the interface is extremely fluid. :D

Can anyone think of any reason to not get myself an iPod touch?

Very close to purchasing one, just want to hear any opinions against to avoid any buyers remorse!

I have one and what I have today the rest of the world wants tomorrow.

Yup ditto. Its a good phone though and don't mind having one but I will wait for the android htc bravo phone

I'll be a complete noob when it comes to my iPod Touch when I get one so hopefully you lot don't mind helping me out if I have anything I need to ask :P.

Is there anything I should know about it? Good websites to use, things I should download etc.

Good to know that jailbreaking is easy to do and reversible - this is something i'd be interested in doing... Can't you be caught if you go on the internet or app store and have your iPod banned (or "bricked") or something?
Doesn't it void the warranty - what happens if I get a hardware fault when my iPod is jailbroken, surely they wouldn't fix it?

I'll be a complete noob when it comes to my iPod Touch when I get one so hopefully you lot don't mind helping me out if I have anything I need to ask :P.

Is there anything I should know about it? Good websites to use, things I should download etc.

Good to know that jailbreaking is easy to do and reversible - this is something i'd be interested in doing... Can't you be caught if you go on the internet or app store and have your iPod banned (or "bricked") or something?
Doesn't it void the warranty - what happens if I get a hardware fault when my iPod is jailbroken, surely they wouldn't fix it?

nope you cant get banned or bricked when you go to the app store. the main purpose of jailbreaking it is so you can use custom themes and other features being unlocked.

i dont think you can get banned. i maybe wrong. i hope so.

I think i've found all the things I need now :).

I've just ordered an invisiSHIELD, other people's iPod's/iPhones have scratched easily so I thought it would be best to get one, they look very impressive from the YouTube videos.

BlackRa1n jailbreak, Cydia and Install0us seem easy to install and use too :).

good choise on the invis shield, i only have my screen protected and the rest looks just completely messed up

yeay, seems like there are some probs in the last time.

they also installed some sort of "troll-bridge" on appulous, might have to do with that

OK, jailbreaking is officially awesome. Whitoken theme is off the hook! I've done a few edits too to get more icons in. Here is my games screen:

2009-44.jpg

Just need to edit the SMS txt and move it a touch higher to line up with Phone and Clock.

Hey guys, seeing as we don't really have an Apple thread... would it be a good idea to turn this thread into the Apple thread? iPhone, Macbook, iPods etc?

Back
Top Bottom