The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

It was originally posted a few months back in this thread :)). It is indeed a great site!

Picking my White iPhone 32GB tomorrow, I've been told INVISIBLE SHIELD is really good. Can anyone let me know if I should purchase that? Or something else.

Cheers

Edit: Could someone PM me a link for jailbreaking.

Does anybody know if Apple's bringing out a new Mac Book Pro anytime soon?

Just wondering cause I know in a few weeks Apple usually update the Ipod series. Bit of a stupid question I guess.

Last edited:

had the same battery problem described a page before twice now, battery definately fully charged and it just went dead. both times i was running the camera app and put it into sleep mode while doing so, seems like a bug or something to me.

Does anybody know if Apple's bringing out a new Mac Book Pro anytime soon?

Just wondering cause I know in a few weeks Apple usually update the Ipod series. Bit of a stupid question I guess.

They might do a slight refresh of the MBP later this year but they were changed a couple of months back so who knows? You might find this buyer's guide handy.

The iPods are going to be updated early September, though.

They might do a slight refresh of the MBP later this year but they were changed a couple of months back so who knows? You might find this buyer's guide handy.

The iPods are going to be updated early September, though.

Thanks Mart. Thinkin about getting one for uni :))

Facebook 3.0 is now out :)

Also, Spotify has been approved for the App store, as confirmed by Daniel Ek who is one of Spotifys founders.

Hopefully that'll appear in the App store in the next day or two then!

I know I asked this previously, but I just got my iPhone 3Gs and I want to jailbreak it today, can someone please send me a PM with a link!

Cheers

Facebook 3.0 is now out :)

Also, Spotify has been approved for the App store, as confirmed by Daniel Ek who is one of Spotifys founders.

Hopefully that'll appear in the App store in the next day or two then!

Already out there..

I had my Invisible Shield put on a few hours ago and honestly it does not look good on the iPhone. The protection near the home button and the little line at the top of the iphone makes it look very ugly.

Is it out already?

EDIT
Nevermind. Just checked it out. Pretty cool but its still far from perfection IMO. Just not feeling the new layout.

Last edited:

Hey guys - im buying an iphone today and i was wondering if MJ can pm me the jailbreaking thingy if possible - i Have no idea on how to do it..

Also any suggestions on apps n games would be great

Thanks

What would improve it for you?

The new button layout is ok where it looks like the springboard but I liked the old layout where I had access to all those areas on the same page as the news feed. Now I have to leave news feed to go back to the "main menu" and then select another area of the site.
Maybe something similar to HTC's TouchFLO would have been quite cool.

So.. got my iphone today and all seems well, thanks to mjsmith who sent me those links - having problems with redsn0w not recognising the .ipsw file...

Anyone any ideas???

Thanks again

A

yeh i was trying the 3.0.1 - sorted now, just restored to 3.0 and did it then - cheers rune

I'm bricking it!

Phone just suddenly switched off while I was listening to music, driving to my destination in Ireland. I cannot switch it on at all, the Apple logo appears then it goes no further. It does the same when I plug it into the mains as well as the computer. I really do not want to send it back to Carphone Warehouse, as it is jailbroken and this would invalidate the Warranty!

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Tried resetting it doesn't work at all.

EDIT: It went into Recovery Mode, not happy as I've lost all my apps and also my pictures I took of my journey :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom