The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Installous - I'm not going to say why.... ;)

iFooty, Real Racing, Real Soccer, X2 Football, Air Sharing, iStat (you can clear RAM, which improves game performance), DOOM Resurrection, Need For Speed Undercover, MGS Touch, Super Monkey Ball, Rolando 1+2, Streets of Rage :D, Let's Golf, Tiger Woods, Worms.

Installous is the best finding ever on iPhone :BOP:

About to go and buy a brand new iPhone 3GS 16GB off a mate today for only £300! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Just run an iPhone reset as it wasn't picking up any of the new music I just put on iTunes this morning. Now the music is still in iTunes but there is absolutely nothing on my iPhone. Any suggestions people?

Restore your backup through iTunes? (unless that's what you meant by reset.)

Otherwise, factory restore the phone then restore your apps/music etc

x2 football is fantastic, for a handheld football game

Just run an iPhone reset as it wasn't picking up any of the new music I just put on iTunes this morning. Now the music is still in iTunes but there is absolutely nothing on my iPhone. Any suggestions people?
Is the music ticked in iTunes if you are on Sync only checked songs...?

Bought an iPhone contract yesterday thanks to a little loophole inmy orange contract where they were rasing call charges effectively giving you the right to cancel ;) Just like that 3 loophole pboreham used a while ago, paid nothing for it as I traded in my unlocked storm against it however I had lost £115 from it in 3 months as I originally paid £195, On the £45 a month contract, it is a bit crap where I only get 500 texts honestly, I couldn't add a bolt on purely because I've got insurance and that hits my max budget of £55 really I'll spend on a monthly contract for a phone.

First impressions, is that I'm loving it! :D

Bought an iPhone contract yesterday thanks to a little loophole inmy orange contract where they were rasing call charges effectively giving you the right to cancel ;) Just like that 3 loophole pboreham used a while ago, paid nothing for it as I traded in my unlocked storm against it however I had lost £115 from it in 3 months as I originally paid £195, On the £45 a month contract, it is a bit crap where I only get 500 texts honestly, I couldn't add a bolt on purely because I've got insurance and that hits my max budget of £55 really I'll spend on a monthly contract for a phone.

First impressions, is that I'm loving it! :D

how did you get out of your orange contract? i'm tied in for another 6 months and want the latest iphone...

I'm typing this from my new iPhone 3GS 16GB in White and I absolutley love it. Probably the best device I have bought. The sheer amount of things you can do is staggering. :)

I'm typing this from my new iPhone 3GS 16GB in White and I absolutley love it. Probably the best device I have bought. The sheer amount of things you can do is staggering. :)

Every O2 shop in leeds as well as Carphonewarehouse ran out of White iphones in 16GB which annoyed me but comparing them both now I actually like the black one better ;)

I would get the white 32GB ala Joeboat if I could. Don't think I can upgrade for another ruddy 6 months yet :RANT:. Ridiculous. I've had the iPhone with O2 since the day it came out and am now being punished for my loyalty.

I would get the white 32GB ala Joeboat if I could. Don't think I can upgrade for another ruddy 6 months yet :RANT:. Ridiculous. I've had the iPhone with O2 since the day it came out and am now being punished for my loyalty.

Life's a bitch innit?

Bought X2 football as well its such a ruddy good game! Any othergames that is good? I'm thinking about Tiger Woods PGA Tour and maybe secrets of monkey island.

What extra stuff can you get if you jailbreak your phone? why is it worth jailbreaking. I have tried to look around, but can't find any definate answers?!

I'm thinking of getting one soon :DD

What extra stuff can you get if you jailbreak your phone? why is it worth jailbreaking. I have tried to look around, but can't find any definate answers?!

I'm thinking of getting one soon :DD

Free apps

Theming e.g. my homescreen:
dfb56ca0.jpg

The ability to run apps in the background

SBSettings

And loads of other things I've not even come across! Cydia is amazing.

SBSettings alone is worth it for me. I literally can't live without it on my iPhone!

That theme looks pretty damn sweet mate. It amazes me why Apple don't allow us to do that kind of thing without jailbreaking, gits

Hmmm Am thinking of jailbreaking my iphone what's the best software to use for it?

I own a 3GS on the latest software 3.0.1 etc.

Not sure about 3GS as it's a little different but I used redsn0w to jailbreak mine on 3.0.1.

Check out http://www.modmyi.com for a guide for that sortve thing.

Using that. How long does it normally take?

EDIT: Done! :D Btw with free apps does that include the ones you'd normally have to pay for on App store like the X2 football game?

Last edited:

Yes it does Sean but its a naughty thing to do I think? I cant tell because I have no morals regarding such activities if you get what I mean..... ;)

Phone getting hot at the back? Battery dying quicker after Jailbreak? Incoming calls going straight to voicemail? Delays in receiving text messages? If your suffering from any of these problems as a result of the recent iPhone 3.0 OS update then follow these simple instructions which should hopefully fix the problem:

Go to settings>mail,contacts,data.
Underneath your account it should say Fetch New Data. If it does not touch it and turn Push to off.
Also scroll to the bottom of the page and touch advanced. Make sure your account is also set to fetch here as well.

Worked for me!

Quick little pointer regarding jailbreaking on 3.0.1 via redsn0w.

I had an issue where I had put the phone into DFU mode and redsn0w reads, 'Waiting for reboot' but nothing would happen.

If this happens to you, try unplugging your iPhone and plugging it back in. A tip I found on another forum and it worked for me!

Back
Top Bottom