The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

I don't understand this drag and drop music thing? I've always just synced mine with my iTunes library.....

Man they really should make it more obvious that you CAN drag and drop music to your iphone. I just saw that checkbox yesterday. They should make it so if you try to drag music to your iphone it should bring up a dialogue box telling you to activate the feature to use it. I always thought it wasn't possible because of this shit, doubt I'm the only one out there that have totally missed it.

Unless they added this in 3.0 but this has been there for years right?

Yep its been there for AGES. I personally don't use it as it takes ages to re-sync everything if I restore my phone.

I've just made an iPhone playlist which I drag and drop / delete music in.

And Tim, what if your iTunes library is bigger than your iPhone memory?

This is to anyone with an iPhone .....do you pay O2 £10 a month for insurance? Seems a bit steep to me. Doubt it but is there anyone else if you want to insure your iPhone or is it o2 or no2??? (See what I did there?)

Yeah I pay for insurance. Instant swap if something goes wrong/if it gets damaged seemed well worth it to me.

agreed with the insurance thingy...

i ALWAYS claim for a brand new phone on my insurance, about a month before my contract expires, then sell it on fleabay. i always keep the original box and manuals etc, untouched from day one...

then again, i'm quite an unscrupulous character!

agreed with the insurance thingy...

i ALWAYS claim for a brand new phone on my insurance, about a month before my contract expires, then sell it on fleabay. i always keep the original box and manuals etc, untouched from day one...

then again, i'm quite an unscrupulous character!

OK so you claim for what? Accidental damage? You then get a brand new phone which you sell? Is that how you do it?

Sorry loads of questions!!

Last edited:

OK so you claim for what? Accidental damage? You then get a brand new phone which you sell? Is that how you do it?

Sorry loads of questions!!

i just tell them i lost it, that way you get a brand new phone, complete with battery. if you say it's broke, they just send out a new phone and make you use the old battery...

i use this website to get my lost property number:

https://www.virtualbumblebee.co.uk//Display/BodyFrame.asp

worked for me the last 3 or 4 years! :)

i just tell them i lost it, that way you get a brand new phone, complete with battery. if you say it's broke, they just send out a new phone and make you use the old battery...

i use this website to get my lost property number:

https://www.virtualbumblebee.co.uk//Display/BodyFrame.asp

worked for me the last 3 or 4 years! :)

You can give me your next one then while i didn't get that video.

when you are out and about with your laptop and you can't get wi-fi access, ie. an airport. on a bus journey. the train...
But it's pointless because everything you can do on a laptop, you can do on your iPhone. When I go back to worm full time I'll see if they will pay £15 a month for me to get it, but other than that I'm not fussed.

But it's pointless because everything you can do on a laptop, you can do on your iPhone

does that include the ability to surf the net on a 10-15" screen and also the ability to type in a normal fashion???

....:SMUG:

...what about using photoshop/illustrator? Or, word processing programs/other office programs? There are loads of other programs you use on your laptop that won't be practical to use on your iPhone. Having portable internet here would be very useful for forwarding designs/reports you've created on the move.

My brother will find it handy when when he's commuting and having to design/word process on the go.

Personally I think it's a good idea, and if anything the positives outweigh the negatives, so why knock it?

Not knocking it, but I don't think it's worth an extra £15 per month.

I think it would appeal to a very few amount of people.

And they have wi-fi in airports and on trains, so that just leaves bus journeys, and noone uses their laptops on the bus.

Hotels I'd mainly be using it, although isn't there an app that lets you use your 3G as a wireless connection anyway? I rememebr mentioning the N95 having JoikuSpot and Tim said the iPhone had something similar?

I did? News to me as this is the first type of Internet tethering available AFAIK...

So guys, what are the best applications and games to get? Just picked up an iPhone on PAYG.

Any must haves?

MJ, check back a few pages in this thread, pbb asked the same and we pointed out most of the good Apps, and our favourites :TU:.

Back
Top Bottom