The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

brilliant, probably 4 weeks of wait...and dumbass me allready sold his old phone. yeay.

got it. :) went to a local store, they ordered a black 32gb for me and i got it today.

what is the best protection out there? i read invisible shield seems good?

Yeah get a full body invisibleSHIELD. It really is incredible, I have one on now and don't have any scratches, bumps, knocks or anything and I've dropped the phone a few times, it even fell on the gravel outside. It's very durable and only £15 on eBay delivered.

I want to get a 32GB White iPhone for my next one.

the thing is amazing, not got into depth with it now but possibilites seems endless, :)

i found some screen protectors in my bag i overlooked, they are made by power support, called "anti-glare set" - only screen protector though. should do until my invisible shield arrives

can't answer that as i never had an iphone before, but i am loving it!

would you guys jailbreak it? i am not sure yet - i am going on vacation in 2 weeks and want to use prepaid cards so i don't have to pay roaming fees. problem the phone is simlocked.

i am just not sure if it is save enough yet to do so? can i put it back to factory settings for warranty reasons?

Also got it and I agree it works quite well.

Spotify for iPhone has been submitted to the App store. You will be able to 'save' playlists so you can listen to them even when you have no network coverage.

YouTube - Spotify for iPhone preview

Spotify for iPhone
July 27, 2009, 08:46

Late last week we put the finishing touches to a very special project we’ve been wanting to share with you for a while now. After many weeks of burning the midnight oil at Spotify HQ in an effort to squeeze into it every drop of musical goodness, we’ve finally completed work on the Spotify app for the iPhone and sent it over to the nice people at Apple.

We thought it might be nice to show you a video of what we’ve built for you.

Our iPhone version is very similar to the Spotify you’re already familiar with and will allow you to listen to your music even when you’re not connected to a network. The application should be available in a few weeks for premium subscribers - we’ll be sure to let you know as soon as it’s in AppStore.

http://www.spotify.com/blog/archives/2009/07/27/spotify-for-iphone/

With the addition of this new saving playlists feature, I'm still dubious about Apple actually letting it onto the Appstore.

And I don't think I'd pay £10 a month to use it on my phone anyway, I don't think I'd use it enough!

Ive just got the 32GB White iPhone

And I fucking Love it. Going to look through this thread now at some Apps you have all recommended

I'm still on the old firmware (jailbroken) and havent gone to 3.0 yet. Is there anything I need to do before I upgrade to avoid bricking? Or do I just do the official update and then do the 3.0 jailbrake?

I'm still on the old firmware (jailbroken) and havent gone to 3.0 yet. Is there anything I need to do before I upgrade to avoid bricking? Or do I just do the official update and then do the 3.0 jailbrake?

Pretty much. But make sure you restore / update rather than just update.

It doesn't really make much difference whether you upgrade first. I've jailbroken 3 or 4 to 3.0 just straight off the bat and they've been fine.

Why people don't jailbreak is beyond me

But what if it gets damaged and you can't turn it on to restore it? ;))

You could always go down the old water damage (drop in drink) or loss route if you physically damaged it and couldn't see the screen to restore the phone.

The possibilities are endless, use your imagination.

Last edited:

3.0.1 is now out on iTunes and fixes the serious SMS vunerability issue detailed here:

Cybersecurity researchers Charlie Miller and Collin Mulliner discovered how to completely hijack any iPhone via SMS. Tomorrow (Thursday) they plan on publicize and reveal the vulnerability at the Black Hat cybersecurity conference in Las Vegas. They will be demonstrating how to send a series of SMS burst to the iPhone which will allow them to take complete control of EVERYTHNIG on the device and then propagate the attack by sending more SMS messages via the hijacked iPhone. According to Miller

This is serious. The only thing you can do to prevent it is turn off your phone . . . Someone could pretty quickly take over every iPhone in the world with this.

Since Apple has yet to address this iPhone vulnerability even though Miller and Mulliner notified Apple over a month ago. Miller suggests that if you receive a text message on your iPhone
any time after Thursday afternoon containing only a single square character you should turn the device off immediately.

But what if it gets damaged and you can't turn it on to restore it? ;))

i'm pretty sure it's almost impossible to brick. it has a restore mode built in, which you can boot to if you somehow manage to f**k up your iphone, although how anybody could do that, when all you literally have to do is hook it up, and click a couple of buttons, sit back and wait for it to jailbreak/unlock is beyond me...

do it Tim7! you won't regret it...

jailbroke it with purplera1n, unlocked with ultrasn0w. worked flawless.

now what are must haves? :p

Installous - I'm not going to say why.... ;)

iFooty, Real Racing, Real Soccer, X2 Football, Air Sharing, iStat (you can clear RAM, which improves game performance), DOOM Resurrection, Need For Speed Undercover, MGS Touch, Super Monkey Ball, Rolando 1+2, Streets of Rage :D, Let's Golf, Tiger Woods, Worms.

Back
Top Bottom