The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

I feel like I'm spamming this thread ever since I've thought about the iPhone. :LOL:

Another question, I've jailbroken my iPhone but I dont know how to install downloaded apps into the phone. I'm told I need to do it via iTunes but I need to install the MobileInstallation Patch from the Tweaks section in Cydia. But I cant find it for some reason. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT
Nevermind. Just forgot to add the source.

Last edited:

I've been using 3g a lot recently but whenever I'm in an area where there's no 3g, I can still use the net. Instead of saying 3G at the top of the screen, theres just a dot there.
What's that mean? And am I charged for using it?

Oh right. Thanks.
What's the "E" symbol mean? And am I charged for using anything other than 3G?

Cool. I absolutely love my iPhone right now. I can't believe I wasted so much time messing around with other phones while this was still out on the market.
I feel like a right idiot for paying £500 for my Sony Ericsson Xperia now. I thought it would be better cuz "technically" it was. But I dont think any handset can compete with the apps and the simplicity of the whole iPhone, from the phone itself to the interface inside.

Cool. I absolutely love my iPhone right now. I can't believe I wasted so much time messing around with other phones while this was still out on the market.
I feel like a right idiot for paying £500 for my Sony Ericsson Xperia now. I thought it would be better cuz "technically" it was. But I dont think any handset can compete with the apps and the simplicity of the whole iPhone, from the phone itself to the interface inside.

the iphone has only been 'good' since the appstore came to fruition. prior to that, once you'd showed your mates the 'tilt' and the UI, there was nothing left to show them... it was a crap phone, let's be honest...

but now, even i have dusted off my iphone, and given it a new lease of life via a jailbreak and an onslaught of uber-cool apps and games. my 6-year-old son absolutely loves it and i take it everwhere with me, but as a phone, i still prefer my htc touch diamond (flashed with one of the spectacular roms over at xda-developers).

timsIphone.png

Tim7, you should get the google app. great for voice search, in phone or web.

Oh, haven't heard of it? I'll have a look, thanks :)).

Last night I got some more Apps:

Google
TubeDeluxe
Tap Tap Revenge 2
Dictionary
iHandy Level

I need to sort out my Sky+HD box so it works with the Sky+ app too today, and test it :)).

The Sky+ app, while free, isn't very good for recording things on your box when your out and about. I've been using Tioti TV+ for about 5 months and it comes highly recommended :)

I got Flight Control earlier and fuck me its addictive

Looking at getting a 'Touch... wanted the iPhone, but got a stupid contract with '3' for about another 9 months :(

Any tips on what to get? Ideally I'd like to 'Jailbreak' it (is that still the term you crazy kids use) - and if I do, is it 'ok' or does it have limits like not being able to get on the app store etc.

Looking for cheap offers on a 2nd gen too - size dont matter (so they say) as I only want it as a fun gadget, YouTube, Apps/Games etc - not fussed for vids/music as I have 8gb on my phone.

Help me please!!!

Got a 2nd gen 8gb in the end - dont know why I havent got one before, absolutely awesome and a breeze to use.

My missus had a go and promptly sent me out to get her one too (and she's not really a gadgety type person)... after setting it up on her own, downloading some games and having a play, she has declared "this is better than my DS!"

She worships the DS (more than she does me I think!), so for her to say that is pretty amazing...

Any recommended games apps? I've already downloaded:-

Bejeweled
Facebook
Last.FM
Air Traffic Control
Airport Lite
Google Earth

Anything recommended? Tiger Woods looks good and sure I saw a game in Edge a while ago that looked like Loco Roco...?

Whats your top apps?

This is my iPhone layout so you can see what Apps/Games I have. iXpenseIt, iFooty and Texas Hold Em are highly recommended from me :)). Facebook and eBay are very good too.

So how much do Apple pay their staff, Tim? ;)

Gameswise, my recommendations are Frenzic, Airport Mania, Peggle, Tiger Woods and DoodleJump. They're what I'm playing at the minute!

Gameswise, my recommendations are Frenzic, Airport Mania, Peggle, Tiger Woods and DoodleJump. They're what I'm playing at the minute!

Forgot to thank you for the nod towards Frnzic - one of the most addictive games I've played!

Forgot to thank you for the nod towards Frnzic - one of the most addictive games I've played!

Haha isn't it? It can get so frustrating though when you get a piece that you can't put anywhere so you lose a life!

Have you signed up to the Frenzic website so you can add friends and compare scores etc? If you have let me know your name on it and I'll add you :)

Haha isn't it? It can get so frustrating though when you get a piece that you can't put anywhere so you lose a life!

Have you signed up to the Frenzic website so you can add friends and compare scores etc? If you have let me know your name on it and I'll add you :)

Screen name is 'pbb76' - think that's what you need?

Anyways, me and my GF have managed to get out of our '3' contracts and are heading into town tomorrow to nab us a couple of iPhones! So will be selling the Touch's - 10 days old! :LOL:

I assume as long as you set your iPhone up through the same iTunes, that I can sync the apps I brought for the Touch to my iPhone?

Any other iPhone related tips? I think I'll be getting mine on a business contract £30.91 a month.

I've had a look around about the 'iPhone 3.0' that is rumoured and nobody is expecting anything groundbreaking (aside the 3.0 OS), so I'm not gonna wait.

I would wait mate. It will have a better camera.

Back
Top Bottom