The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

New Shuffles were revealed. Are we expecting new Classics and Touch as well?

I read on Mac Rumors that the 3rd Generation Touch will be out in September. But I hope a new one comes out now, as I've been waiting to get a Touch, but waiting for the 3rd Gen.

But I reckon a new classic soon is very possible, one thing I love about Apple is, when they release something new it's always interesting to see what it is.

everyone should check out 'zen bound' for iphone...

great game to wow your mates with...

new version of itunes now available.

it includes something known as itunes dj, which allows anyone with an iphone or itouch to remotely control their itunes collection via their device. you need the remote app installed for it to work, and it's fantastic!!

You could do that before iTunes 8.1 mate...

All iTunes DJ is, is Party Shuffle but renamed :LOL:.

So who was sad like me and kept up on coverage of the iPhone 3.0 Software Update conference?

Well if you didn't, here's the guide to what went down..

[url]http://i.gizmodo.com/5171796/iphone-30-os-guide-everything-you-need-to-know[/URL]

Well pleased about push notifications, the search function (especially for the iPod app), turn by turn software and peer to peer connectivity!

Its stupid though cause the features I'm so excited about should have been in from the start and are standard on most Smart phones.

Last edited:

Is it not possible to get a contract for the iPhone that lets you use the net without having to be connected to a WiFi hotspot?
O2s contract say they have unlimited data and WiFi usage but not whilst roaming.

Roaming is only if you're abroad. All 3G/Edge/normal connections in UK is free, unlimited :)).

So I don't need WiFi to use the net whilst on a train or at work or something?

FYI, when they say 'free WiFi', thats just means you'll be able to connect to hotspots like The Cloud at Wetherspoons et al, for free.

I don't have that, cause I'm on an O2 Simplicity contract with my iPhone.

Cool, thanks.
Another quick question. If I was to take that SIM out and put it in another phone, would that phone also get the same internet access for free?

Had to perform a full system restore today due to my iPhone having a funny moment when I turned it on following my interview. Kept telling me I could only make emergency calls and advising me to plug it into iTunes as soon as I could.

Thankfully the restore fixed it but fuck me it took a while

Had to perform a full system restore today due to my iPhone having a funny moment when I turned it on following my interview. Kept telling me I could only make emergency calls and advising me to plug it into iTunes as soon as I could.

Thankfully the restore fixed it but fuck me it took a while

did you power it off and on?
did you reset it?

I have had the same thing happen and the above worked

just got simplicity contract for £10.52 a month, with 800 mins and 1600 texts and free web bolton...

so looking at buying an iphone tomoro, would i regret buying a 8gb?

what version have you guys got 8gb or 16gb, any regret over which you got?

cheers

just got simplicity contract for £10.52 a month, with 800 mins and 1600 texts and free web bolton...

so looking at buying an iphone tomoro, would i regret buying a 8gb?

what version have you guys got 8gb or 16gb, any regret over which you got?

cheers

I have an 8gb model and its fine for me. Depends really on whether you are gonna just put music on there or movies too

You need a deal with unlimited downloads though surely? thats one of the biggest things about the Iphone for me anyway.

It has a bolt on of Internet or Wifi?

I thought Wifi was free anyway? it is just the 3G etc that you needed to pay for?

Back
Top Bottom