The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Going to get the MB 2.0 finally :) Along with a 24" Dell monitor which are gong for under £200 now.

I don't like the fact that with the MacbookPro models you can't spec up the cheaper one graphics-wise or anything so you have to go for the more expensive one. Which itself is an extra £150 on the last generation good spec 15".

I don't really like the shiny screens either but it's still tempting.

Which monitor, ash? I've been wanting the 24" from Dell for ages that has all of the connection options on it. Even the new version of that is £380, which is pretty good for what you get. It also has that new DisplayPort connection on it too, in case you have a MBP or whatever to connect to it.

This monitor: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sn...=ukdhs1&sku=180695&dgc=AF&cid=5212&lid=122756

I can't really afford anything more than £200, so might as well get that. And I don't think any 24" comes close to this in price? If you do find one, do tell please.

It is a TN panel, which isn't the best for viewing angles, but that is not bother for me. And not as many connections, just HDMI, DVI and VGA. But I will only be connecting my MB to it, and XBox360 *maybe*, I can do that via VGA, so no problem.

The one you listed looks sharp, but do you really need all those connections? (except for Display Port) You could buy two of these instead of that one you listed lol, some people here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255301 are saying you can ring up and get it for £181 :)

Tell me your views, I know nothing about computer monitors.

You seem pretty clued up to be honest, the monitor you're referring to is definitely a good one in terms of value.

I've been looking at whatever revision of the 2408 has been around for quite a while now. I might not need all of the connectors at once but the flexibility to be able to use it as a display for all of my stuff appeals to me. It also helps justify a purchase in the first place.

That and I used one for a while in my previous job where it was connected up to a 360/PS3 and a PC and they all looked awesome through it. :) I know it handles the 1:1 pixel matching properly for 1080p stuff too, I can't handle stretching of video, I'm a bit of an aspect whore in that respect.

cho_iphone.jpg

Freeware shoot-'em-up developer Kenta Cho makes freeware. And last we checked, freeware is free. Developer Lazrhog has ported Cho's rRootage shmup for the iPhone, and keeping true to Cho's M.O., the game is available at the iTunes Store for free. For those that don't have an iPhone, visit Cho's personal site. It's packed with loads of great freeware shooters that are totally free.

http://kotaku.com/5066274/free-kenta-cho-shooter-is-iphone-free

Looking to sell my iPhone 2G, I got a brand new (still wrapped) one from Apple as a warranty replacement. Looking for £275, anyone interested?

It can be unlocked, currently on O2.

impressive stuff!

i always admired people who were brilliant at art. it's a fantastic gift...

A friend is selling her Ipod Touch 16Gb for £200 which I think is over priced. What would you guys consider to be a fair offer for it? Its about 6 months old. I was thinking of offering £150 to test the water.

its £214.00 brand new!

Might aswell get a new one

Thanks guys but I don't want one that much to pay £214 when I can get this one cheaper!

Silly question time, but does the Iphone have the same features as the Ipod touch apart from the fact its a phone aswell? Ipod noob here.....

Yep. The iPhone has stuff like GPS, camera and a mic, but you can buy a mic for the Touch.

Last edited:

My contract with O2 is up within the next 2 months. Is it worth getting a iPhone on a 18 month contract now or should I just wait for a next gen one?

If you're already with O2 and you're contract is nearly finished then ring them and say you want an iPhone and that if they want to keep you as a customer they should offer you a deal.

Back
Top Bottom