The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Shozu, Palringo, Currency, Facebook, Shazam, Remote, MMS, Flixster, iFooty.

:))

If you're already with O2 and you're contract is nearly finished then ring them and say you want an iPhone and that if they want to keep you as a customer they should offer you a deal.
But if they offered me something that was a 18 month contract, would it be worth taking if there might be another iPhone out in that time period? I mean, are we expecting a next gen one any time soon?

They will let you upgrade your iPhone and start a new 18 month contract if a newer one comes out, like I did with the 16GB iPhone 3G :)).

Can anyone recommend a screen protector or silicon skin with protector to keep the screen of my Touch scratch free. I don't want one of those leather cases that need to opened. I need something that is available without having to open it up.

I don't have a case or anything for my iPhone and it's scratch free :)).

They will let you upgrade your iPhone and start a new 18 month contract if a newer one comes out, like I did with the 16GB iPhone 3G :)).

So if I get one now and another comes out in 5 months time, I can upgrade it and start a new 18 month contract? And how much would they charge to do this?

That's right, yes you just start a new 18 month contract. The price will depend on what tariff you get and what you are upgrading to, i.e. if you could upgrade to either 32GB or 64GB iPhone then the 64GB one would cost a lot more. When I upgraded from regular 8GB iPhone to a 16GB iPhone 3G, it cost me £60, and I sold my old iPhone for about £150 :)).

But what's the minimum time period you have to keep the first phone before you upgrade? Surely you can't have it for a couple of months and then get a new one cuz it'd be too easy to sell the old one on and make a profit.

Well I'm not sure, I don't think there was any time period though? If there was it didn't apply to me as I got my first iPhone about 3 days after UK release.

I don't think you get what I mean. What if I get an iPhone tomorrow, and lets assume a next gen iPhone is released 2 months later, can I upgrade straight away or do I have to keep the current one for atleast 6 months or something?

You should be able to upgrade straight away for a small fee, (about £60, depeding on what contract you're on).

Nice. I'll probably pick one up in a couple of months.
Thanks.

Just a quick question.

My sisters got songs on her iPod that she lost from her laptop when her hard drive crashed, so isn't there a way of syncing it to the new library but keeping those songs?

Sure I read about it somewhere, but can't remember how to do it.

Just a quick question.

My sisters got songs on her iPod that she lost from her laptop when her hard drive crashed, so isn't there a way of syncing it to the new library but keeping those songs?

Sure I read about it somewhere, but can't remember how to do it.

You need to download software to transfer it from the ipod to the computer. Just type in 'Ipod to computer' into google and there are a few around. Some for free aswell :DD

i'm not sure about that, cos i've never bought anything from itunes.

but copypod will allow her to access the music on her ipod as if it was a usb drive, then she can just drag them accross onto her computer, then just add to to itunes normally...

Finally a solid reason to Jailbreak your iPhone is here!

xGPS 1.2 has gone live. In a nutshell, it turns your iPhone into a Sat Nav and best of all, its free. So you think that if its free, its gonna be rubbish right? Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPg5q6wC0gYouTube - xGPS 1.2 - Features highlights

I have just tested it out on my drive home from college and I was seriously impressed. I have a Tom Tom Sat Nav which I use a lot, but going on my drive home, xGPS easily holds its own.

It features turn-by-turn directions using the Google Maps app along with voice directions (which are a bit pants - I don't use voice directions anyway!). You can download maps ahead of your journey if you don't want them buffered, either on your iPhone or using the xGPS desktop manager (http://xgps.xwaves.net/[url]http://xgps.xwaves.net/[/URL]).

I just had them buffering on my journey home and it was fine. It loads the map ahead of you and it worked great on 3G and GPRS. It also re-directs you / recalculates your journey if you go the wrong way, like most Sat Navs do.

So yeah, I basically think this is awesome. The fact that it is free and will be constantly updated, at this first release its unbelievable what they've managed to put into this app.

If you've got an iPhone and have been thinking about jailbreaking it and you don't have a Sat Nav and you drive, then its simple. Jailbreak your phone and get this app!

For you guys with Sat Navs, get it anyway ;)

Why does it need jailbreaking to work with it?

Cause Apple, being the lovely people they are, won't allow any software of this sort (turn-by-turn directional, Sat Nav software basically) onto the App store.

I assume because they are planning to implement it themselves into future iPhones.

Ah right OK. Not worth jailbreaking for imo. I already have a TomTom that works fine.

Finally a solid reason to Jailbreak your iPhone is here!

xGPS 1.2 has gone live. In a nutshell, it turns your iPhone into a Sat Nav and best of all, its free. So you think that if its free, its gonna be rubbish right? Wrong.

YouTube - xGPS 1.2 - Features highlights

I have just tested it out on my drive home from college and I was seriously impressed. I have a Tom Tom Sat Nav which I use a lot, but going on my drive home, xGPS easily holds its own.

It features turn-by-turn directions using the Google Maps app along with voice directions (which are a bit pants - I don't use voice directions anyway!). You can download maps ahead of your journey if you don't want them buffered, either on your iPhone or using the xGPS desktop manager (http://xgps.xwaves.net/[url]http://xgps.xwaves.net/[/URL]).

I just had them buffering on my journey home and it was fine. It loads the map ahead of you and it worked great on 3G and GPRS. It also re-directs you / recalculates your journey if you go the wrong way, like most Sat Navs do.

So yeah, I basically think this is awesome. The fact that it is free and will be constantly updated, at this first release its unbelievable what they've managed to put into this app.

If you've got an iPhone and have been thinking about jailbreaking it and you don't have a Sat Nav and you drive, then its simple. Jailbreak your phone and get this app!

For you guys with Sat Navs, get it anyway ;)
Damn! I'm going to have to jailbreak now :CURSE::BLEH:

And need to buy a stand for my car, what do you use?

1.jpg

[url]http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/belkin-tunebase-fm-for-iphone-and-ipod/[/URL]

It allows me to see the iPhone screen well when I'm driving so its perfect :)

Does it actually work though? And hold it securely? I've found a lot of those sorts of things are just so flimsy that anytime you go over a remotely bit of dodgy road they just collapse and it falls out.

Does it actually work though? And hold it securely? I've found a lot of those sorts of things are just so flimsy that anytime you go over a remotely bit of dodgy road they just collapse and it falls out.

Yeah it works fine and holds it securely!

Back
Top Bottom