The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

There is an update out I'm downloading it now! 2.0.2

And yes Dags it's a shocking bug really! It's almost as if the switch is for WiFi and GPS...

And matherto and CW, you don't even need 3G or WiFi to get on the internet. In the UK there is almost always a connection available, but EDGE and 3G are faster ;)).

Sorts out the major issues people have been having with reception on the 3G iPhones, the time it takes to 'back up' your iPhone when syncing it (greatly reduced now) and other little bugs

What was the point of releasing it as firmware for the iPod touch if all it does is improve phone reception! :LOL:

my friend a work gave me his new 80GB ipod as he wanted me to fill it up with music and video. Now I have had enough of using itunes and dont wanna see his ipod again. :) so I am giving it back to him today. When he installs itunes on his laptop and connects his ipod will he have any problems or will the library still be available to use?

If there will be a problem I am gonna have to give him one of them ipod backup programmes so he doesn't lose everything.

I believe when he plugs it in it will ask him for his apple id login details if iTunes is a fresh install on his laptop and then will ask him whether he wants to transfer all the stuff from his iPod onto his laptop, which he should say yes to!

Slight problem with my sisters iPhone.

Won't let her go on iTunes despite being connected to our Wi-fi. Or at least, it says shes connected in the settings, but it remains on 3g during use.

Mine works perfectly, so I don't know whats wrong with it.

She's also had trouble with downloading and installing apps as well, so maybe she has a duff one.

Last edited:

iTunes will not copy from an iPod into its library, the relationship is only ever one way, from the library to the iPod.

Kobashi, I'd give him one of the backup applications and make sure the first time he connects his iPod to a new iTunes install that he clicks no on the prompt as it will be asking whether to sync it to an empty library, thus removing all of the stuff you've put on the iPod for him.

Once he's got everything off using the backup app and onto the computer, adding it all to his iTunes library will be easy then he can go to normal iPod syncing in case he wants to add more stuff himself.

Updated to 2.0.2 today as the option to jailbreak it was released a couple of days ago.

It feels alot better. The transitions are smoother and faster when switching between apps and it takes about 5 seconds to back up my iPhone when I sync it :)

Yeah that bug has been around since 2.0. While 2.0.1 was supposed fix it, it did not.

Just go back to the home screen then back into your SMS's and it should sort it

Sometimes slow, sometimes fine, seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it!

Pay & Go customers can now enjoy the iPhone 3G without a monthly contract. The new iPhone 3G 8GB for Pay & Go will be available for £349.99 and the 16GB version for £399.99.

This also includes unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for the first 12 months after you activate your iPhone 3G*. At the end of the 12 months you can continue to receive unlimited browsing and Wi-Fi for just £10 per month. We'll notify you before the end of the 12 month period by text and you can easily unsubscribe if you choose to do so.

It will be available to buy from 16th September in O2 stores, The Carphone Warehouse and Apple stores.
;))

Any chance you could PM me links to 2.0.2 with everything included ;))
EDIT: Or can I just update the 2.0.0 you sent me before through iTunes, will I lose the paid softwares?

I'm selling my iPod Touch asap, so want to update it.

Apple will be having their iPod Conference next Tuesday in San Francisco, iPod Touch and Nano's expected.

Why do I get the feeling that if I were to get a PAYG iPhone, I'd still have to use some sort of 'special O2 iPhone PAYG tariff' rather than my O2 Simplicity one now?

Can anyone confirm / deny this?

Back
Top Bottom