The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Why post in this topic then ;)). Please create your own thread to talk about your own piece of rubbish :HAND: ;)) :w00t:.

i already have the iphone, but i'm UPGRADING to the HTC Diamond!! :lmao:

Let us know what it's like i'm getting that or a Samsung Tocco.

will do...

my last phone was the SPV M3100, so this is the next logical step up, so that's what i'll have to compare it to...

my current phone is the iphone, which i deplore, so i'll let you know how good it is compared to that too - although i'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say it's gonna be better that that P.O.S.!

I'm getting annoyed now.

Everytime I walk past an Apple shop, or an 02 shop, I have to go and play on the iPhone.

I might just get a contract somehow, god I need my student loan now!

Make sure you get one that works, unlike CW :LOL:.

sorry to go off-topic, but...

jaygrim, the htc diamond is a lovely phone. first thing i thought when i unpacked it, was 'wow! it's so small and compact'. after a couple of days though, i'm not convinced about keeping it for 18 months. i know there will be something better in a few months time (obviously) so i reckon i'm not gonna keep it past my 7-day trial...

i dunno why i don't like it. it's a bit slow and after owning 5 windows mobile devices, i decided they just don't do it for me anymore. i text alot and miss having a keyboard. that's why i loved my M3100 so much. in fact, i might just revert back to that until something i really like comes along... .like the xperia x1...

or i might stick 2.0 on my iphone and see what that brings...

either way, you're not missing much concerning the htc diamond...

uhhh, great review, i know! but it's on a par with the iphone, and not as good as my old M3100... :p

zodplay will play divx/xvid along with a whole heap of other formats on your iphone/touch with no need to convert...

you can check it out here: http://www.zodttd.com/

it used to be called vlc4iphone, but the guy changed the name to zodplay. i think it's what you're looking for...

I can't get the programe, its for beta testers only, or do you know any other repo that has it?

yeah, i remember - i had to send a donation, think i sent the guy 10 dollars...

if you send me a pm, i'll give you my login to his repo if you PROMISE to keep it to yourself! :)

sorry to go off-topic, but...

jaygrim, the htc diamond is a lovely phone. first thing i thought when i unpacked it, was 'wow! it's so small and compact'. after a couple of days though, i'm not convinced about keeping it for 18 months. i know there will be something better in a few months time (obviously) so i reckon i'm not gonna keep it past my 7-day trial...

i dunno why i don't like it. it's a bit slow and after owning 5 windows mobile devices, i decided they just don't do it for me anymore. i text alot and miss having a keyboard. that's why i loved my M3100 so much. in fact, i might just revert back to that until something i really like comes along... .like the xperia x1...

or i might stick 2.0 on my iphone and see what that brings...

either way, you're not missing much concerning the htc diamond...

Cheers i'll skip that then. I can get a new phonw noe but still not sure if the Tocco is any good.

16GB iPhone 3G is finally mine! Woohoo :DANCE:

Just got the Labyrinth game - Fuck me it's incredible :CONFUSE:. The accelerometer is so precise it's amazing!

Anyone know about any remotes for the iPod Touch? I sometimes hate having to take out my iPod to change songs, I just want a remote like the ones for the minis, nanos and classics that can stop/pause/skip/rew songs.

Anyone know about any remotes for the iPod Touch? I sometimes hate having to take out my iPod to change songs, I just want a remote like the ones for the minis, nanos and classics that can stop/pause/skip/rew songs.

I havent got a remote for my classic!?

I want a remote!
:w00t:

d Software is "vaguely" working on a pair of iPhone projects according to technical director and co-founder John Carmack.

"We're probably going to be making some moves to do some iPhone development," Carmack told the audience at QuakeCon 2008 during his keynote address.

"We have two different projects that are at least vaguely in the works for the iPhone," he said. The first is "an extension of our mobile stuff", he said, but the other is "the graphical tour de force" and "unexpectedly exciting".

Carmack had a lot of good things to say about the iPhone, although he joked that it's "a rollercoaster ride with Apple as always". "They'll make nice with me when they want me to come out and do a keynote," he said. But he clearly likes it.

"I'm really saddened that we don't have an iPhone product out now, because I think Apple is doing so many things well right now and I think they're going to be a really positive force."

Id Software had looked at porting Orcs & Elves to iPhone, said Carmack, but decided against it in the end because the small company couldn't spare the resource. Carmack estimated that it would have taken "three man months" to do.

Apple doesn't "really, deeply get games", he said, but he approves of the iTunes App Store. "You can actually show people why the hell they should buy your game," he pointed out, which puts it at odds with other platforms.

He also respects the hardware, pointing out that you could conceivably make a USD 10 million game for it. "It's more powerful than the PSP and DS put together," he told the audience.

More powerful than the DS and PSP put together? O rly? :CONF:

I'd say it's on par with them at the very least. The accelerometer is incredibly accurate and the screen is sharp and crisp.

:TU:

Its

Fucking

Awesome!!!

the ipod touch is amazing i would highly recommend them to anyone!

I may get a iphone

where's the cheapest place to get one and what's the cheapest contract?

£30 a month is the cheapest contract and as far as I know its only on sale at o2 and Carphone Warehouse stores

That HTC Touch is out now too I think, saw it advertised when I was in the CPW last week

£30 a month is the cheapest contract and as far as I know its only on sale at o2 and Carphone Warehouse stores

Can you lower the tariff after so long like you can on most other contracts?

What ever happened to those cheap ripoffs Coopz?

I dont know if they do apps for em but i know they do for iPhones :))

iPhone 3G for Pay & Go will be available later this year

Back
Top Bottom