The Apple Thread - Macs, iPods & iPhones!

Re: Apple iPod and iPhone - Official Topic

Hmm, an interesting theory? But why would that be better than just starting the auction at £60?

cos 99p is the highest price of the lowest limt. in other words, if you list your item at 99p, your listing fee is the lowest possible. if you list it for £60, you will have to pay ebay a much bigger listing fee...

also, you get charged for setting reserve prices, which is why i ALWAYS list an item at 99p, even if i think it will sell for hundreds, then just get my mate to bid whatever is the lowest price i'd be happy to sell it for...

that way, the total fees you pay are as low as possible...

i thought everyone did that!!

Last edited:

I did that and nobody bid so my mate won it :LOL:

yeah, but then you just raise a dispute with ebay and nobody has to pay anything to them, and also, you still have your item cos it didn't fetch more than you were willing to let it go for, so it's like a win-win situation! :p

hopefully someone can answer this :D

i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and wanted to get myself a nice player for mainly watching some tv shows while i'm gone, but i can not find a definative answer if the touch supports divx? i know the oob one doesn't, but are there any tools around that allow it? (after jailbreaking?)

(that china player i ordered 2 weeks or something ago didn'T arrive yet, i am looking for alternatives, sooo...touch is still very stylish)

Last edited:

i'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and wanted to get myself a nice player for mainly watching some tv shows while i'm gone, but i can not find a definative answer if the touch supports divx? i know the oob one doesn't, but are there any tools around that allow it? (after jailbreaking?)

(that china player i ordered 2 weeks or something ago didn'T arrive yet, i am looking for alternatives, sooo...touch is still very stylish)

I'm quite sure it doesnt play divx directly, but conversion usually doesnt take long. It reads MP4.

Get a Cowon A2, plays XviD's straight off with no conversion needed.

It's not unlocked though is it?

1st gen iPhones are on 2.0, yes. Just not the lastest 3G ones.

Why you'd want those unlocked anyway is beyond me, seeing as anyone with one WILL HAVE a contract that they can't get out of for 18 months :LOL:

Obviously when the PAYG ones are released, then there will be the need to unlock them!

On a side note, Critter Crunch is the most amazing puzzle game ever. Well worth £6!

Last edited:

zodplay will play divx/xvid along with a whole heap of other formats on your iphone/touch with no need to convert...

you can check it out here: http://www.zodttd.com/

it used to be called vlc4iphone, but the guy changed the name to zodplay. i think it's what you're looking for...

Does anyone know an easy way to get artwork for singles?

I have got them for most albums but alot of songs don't have the albums name so am looking for something to help me with it

i deffo don't wanna be searching then drag and dropping for about a 2000 singles thats for sure :))

I know its a stupid question, but have you tried the auto find function yet on itunes? If yes, and it still doesnt find them, make sure your album titles are correct.

MJ- does my touch have to be jailbroken?

yeah that's what i said, most don't have the album names :))

zodplay will play divx/xvid along with a whole heap of other formats on your iphone/touch with no need to convert...

it used to be called vlc4iphone, but the guy changed the name to zodplay. i think it's what you're looking for...

exactly! woho! :))

i know converting isn't that hard, but my computer just sucks - takes too long and i am sometimes get out of sync files which just drives me crazy :sick:

MJ- does my touch have to be jailbroken?

yes, mate - you need to be jailbroken to install the app.

but, i have read on his forum recently that he has been accepted onto the development list, so expect to see his app in the appstore soon!

but at the minute, you'll need to be jailbroken, and you can find it on 'installer'...

I have finally found a program to do it

Tagrunner its called, it adds the missing tags and downloads the covers :))

I have finally found a program to do it

Tagrunner its called, it adds the missing tags and downloads the covers :))

what's the success rate like for it daz, regarding finding the missing covers?

Never knew this!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll look into it, thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ash.. didn't know something... technology related??

exploding_head.jpg

:LOL: I am stunned ;)).

Back on topic, tomorrow should be 16GB iPhone day! :DANCE:

tomorrow is HTC Diamond Day for me!!! orange just rang to say they had stock and i'll be receiving mine in the morning (to play with for 7 days)...

Why post in this topic then ;)). Please create your own thread to talk about your own piece of rubbish :HAND: ;)) :w00t:.

what's the success rate like for it daz, regarding finding the missing covers?

its hit and miss really

i would say its done more than half of them though so its saved alot of time

its worth a try anyway :))

Tag&Rename is a brilliant program for sorting out tags in MP3's.

Argh, seems I'm never gonna get a 16GB iPhone 3G. O2 shops get them in and they sell out within about 2 hours of arrival, and you can't reserve one, so everyone who has a job is basically shafted. Cunts.

:rant:

Back
Top Bottom